1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 261 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by newovad
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E64E501C-14B9-466E-8844-F83A72FB8394 (resized).jpeg
    8DE5F279-B3B7-458F-9365-08F60AF9B938 (resized).jpeg
    20190815_075837 (resized).jpg
    20190815_080116 (resized).jpg
    20190815_080045 (resized).jpg
    20190517_175401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1006 (resized).jpeg
    E42FA766-5415-442D-B816-F310F58FE78D (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    landinga (resized).JPG
    Threshold (resized).jpg
    escalera fail (resized).JPG
    77A1B610-8F90-40E3-8C8D-42E4379B037C (resized).jpeg

There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 9 months ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

I bought one, used it once, and immediately sold it. I lifted a Whirlwind up a flight of stairs and thank god someone was there to help me otherwise I would have dropped both the machine and the Escalera down the stairs. It feels like the thing is going lose grip and fall the entire way up - very anxiety-inducing. I couldn't negotiate getting over the top step properly without shifting the weight of the machine in a direction that I was positive would cause a disaster (so again, thank god I had a buddy there to help lift up the final stair the old fashion way). Maybe I'm just super weak/out of shape, but it destroyed my shoulders and upper chest. I was sore for days after using it. However I will admit - my back didn't feel a thing!
    Sorry to be so negative on it, but after reading all the positive comments here, I figured I'd play devil's advocate. Looks like it was just me who sucked at using it!

did you try it first without a 300lb machine on it? or just first attempt wing it?

I have one and agree with a lot of people that it is a back saver but does need some practice. I went up and down a few times empty and with smaller stuff to get a feel for it. I also make sure no one is below it in case something happens. and i NEVER let my friends operate it or borrow it, that could be disastrous.
    I also had a almost hard lesson where i was on the main floor (linoleum) and in my socks. As soon as those little legs took over i started SLIDING towards the stairs, if it wasn't for a friend reaching over the railing and balancing the machine, it all woulda went down the stairs on its own. Shoes or bare feet from now on.

#152 9 months ago

I am in the minority of people who didn’t like Escalera. I sold it at a huge loss less than 3 months after buying. Overall, it was a rather frustrating experience.

The machine itself is way too heavy and unwieldy for me. Hard to transport, store and manipulate. It can certainly lift a pin easily, but it was too big to maneuver around the 180 degree landing in my stairs. Would not recommend the forklift add-on, as it is extremely heavy and hard to deal with.

I’m glad for those of you that have had good luck with it. Just offering a counter opinion, in case it is helpful to anyone.

#153 9 months ago

Just ordered my escalera with removable forklift, lift plate, and big wheels from Zach at Flip N Out pinball. Zach is awesome, and was great to talk to with all of my questions. For me, the forklift attachment and custom lift plate will help me move my pins, take legs on/off, and also load into and out of the back of my SUV.

#154 9 months ago

For me - the forklift is essential because if I hang the escalera off the back, I save valuable cargo room. I can either - Get 1 pin in my van without removing my kid's carseats (which is a nightmare in and of itself) - or get up to 3 pins broken down and in there. All solo without an issue.

#155 9 months ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just ordered my escalera with removable forklift, lift plate, and big wheels from Zach at Flip N Out pinball. Zach is awesome, and was great to talk to with all of my questions. For me, the forklift attachment and custom lift plate will help me move my pins, take legs on/off, and also load into and out of the back of my SUV.

I have the same setup. I’m 165 pounds and always move pins solo. The forklift and plate are great fur lifting pins to/from my van or truck. The big wheel attachment is great to help balancee the load and for moving over rough surfaces. I also have the trailer attachment so I can easily transport the Escalera and a pin at the same time.

#156 9 months ago

Just used mine again last night........ So glad I bought one years ago especially now that I have RA.

#157 9 months ago

Glad to hear all of the stories everyone. As a reminder, Flip N Out Pinball is a proud authorized dealer of Escalera products.

Believe me guys, if I can use one, anyone can haha. Now that I have one for the business I honestly cannot imagine maneuvering heavy pins without it, especially thinking of manually dollying one up or down a staircase ugh. Plus, with the rise of pin prices, these are the perfect accessory for a fraction of the cost of a new pin, let alone the price of your collection.

Also, I just put in an order for in-stock inventory, so if you are interested in buying one we can have it delivered right to ya or can bring it to an upcoming show!

Any questions, call or message me. I’m happy to help.

Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball, LLC
    847-778-4876
    zach@flipnoutpinball.com

E42FA766-5415-442D-B816-F310F58FE78D (resized).png
    #158 9 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Glad to hear all of the stories everyone. As a reminder, Flip N Out Pinball is a proud authorized dealer of Escalera products.
    Believe me guys, if I can use one, anyone can haha. Now that I have one for the business I honestly cannot imagine maneuvering heavy pins without it, especially thinking of manually dollying one up or down a staircase ugh. Plus, with the rise of pin prices, these are the perfect accessory for a fraction of the cost of a new pin, let alone the price of your collection.
    Also, I just put in an order for in-stock inventory, so if you are interested in buying one we can have it delivered right to ya or can bring it to an upcoming show!
    Any questions, call or message me. I’m happy to help.
    Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball, LLC
    847-778-4876
    zach@flipnoutpinball.com[quoted image]

Very glad I ordered one. Can’t wait to get mine. No more paying movers!

#159 9 months ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Very glad I ordered one. Can’t wait to get mine. No more paying movers!

Just be careful and Practice practice practice before moving a game!!! While a Huge help without practice it can fight you quickly. Congrats and you bought it from the best dealer out there.

#160 9 months ago

I have now moved 3 games with mine. It does take practice. You have to let the machine do the work, which is scary at first. But once you figure it out, boy, what a back saver! Moved JJPOTC by myself down to the basement.

#161 9 months ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

I have now moved 3 games with mine. It does take practice. You have to let the machine do the work, which is scary at first. But once you figure it out, boy, what a back saver! Moved JJPOTC by myself down to the basement.

A POTC going down stairs make every nervous haha regardless of method. Nicely done!

#162 9 months ago

Anyone happen to know if the forklift attachment can be added to a existing 1200 unit? Or is it a different unit entirely?

I really like mine but forks would complete the job

#163 9 months ago
    Quoted from Mogg:

Anyone happen to know if the forklift attachment can be added to a existing 1200 unit? Or is it a different unit entirely?
    I really like mine but forks would complete the job

I can double check for you but I think the forklift model is a model all it’s own due to fabrication of the frame.

#164 9 months ago
    Quoted from Mogg:

I talked to Larry about this once. It can be converted, but it requires ordering some additional parts and modifying the frame.

#165 9 months ago

What Gweem said... That's honestly the reason I went with the forks when I did... it was about $500 to get them on there, but Larry estimated it would be about $1,000 to add them and retrofit later on. Just with the ability to haul with the escalera on the hitch has made them 100% worth it, even though I've rarely used them as a forklift.

#166 9 months ago

I bought one mainly to get games in and out of the Suburban with the forklift attachment. I didn't get the platform part that goes on the forklift because I only have 1" of spare space to get games in and out of the Suburban. I just wrap a ratchet strap around the back of the game and under the forks to hold it. When the game is 50% of the way in the vehicle, I undo the strap and push the game in. Super easy.

I bought the hitch carrier for the lift to haul it on the back of the Suburban. The first issue is the spare tire under the vehicle makes the top of the lift lean towards the car. I turn the crank to lift the forks to hold it in place, but it's actually pushing on the spare tire. No big deal really. I did use the clip strap included but I threw a ratchet strap on there for added security. The only thing I try to avoid is hauling the lift on the back of the Suburban in rain and show.

The forklift attachment works well on nice smooth concrete. On rugs or busted up pavement, it's not going anywhere easily. I bought the big wheel attachment for the lift. So when the game is on the forklift and the ratchet strap around the back of the game and around the forks, I can actually tip the game up and wheel it on the big wheels until it's inside. Moving the game up/down with crank, changes the center of gravity and makes it easy tip up and balance. It does look weird with the game at a 30 degree angle, but it works well. It's easy to control as you tip it back down horizontally.

#167 9 months ago

The forklift attachment is a handy thing to have, but it's heavy as f***!!! Because of this, I rarely use it. The Escalera alone is already pretty heavy.

#168 9 months ago

After reading some of these posts lm upgrading to a new fork version. I have a small venture project right now, and having that and the fork hitch on the truck would be so much easier and safer without having to bother people to help. I had just talked to Larry, the short answer is “no you can’t. Not worth the trouble and expense to modify a existing carriage to use forks.” But he also did say, it can be done.

So in a few weeks I’ll be selling my used escalera if anyone is interested. I’ll research princing in the meantime. I’m not sure I can part with it until the new unit arrives.

One other question:
    Does anyone use the step detection system on their escalera? Is it worth the $300? Or is it better to clinch your ass on the first few steps hoping your in the right position?

#169 9 months ago
    Quoted from Mogg:

Does anyone use the step detection system on their escalera? Is it worth the $300? Or is it better to clinch your ass on the first few steps hoping your in the right position?

I have the step edge detection system. I added it after I had used my Escalera for a while and was worried about pushing it too far and dropping down a stair. I found I really don't use the step edge detection at all. It works okay on hard surfaces, but my experience was that it didn't really work well enough on carpeted steps for me to bother unlatching them when I use the Escalera. I probably have not used them in a year now.

#170 9 months ago

I like the step edge detection. Have only used on low pile carpet though. I found the most important thing is that the step edge detection helps you keep the unit at the right angle. The tendency is to lean it back too far to be safer.

#171 9 months ago

I bought the 66" version, with big wheel and fork lift. In my opinion, its a one trick pony. Excellent for going up or down stairs, and invaluable for that purpose, particularly when you're alone. But other than that, its way more trouble than its worth! Even without the fork lift attached, its extremely heavy and not easily maneuverable around corners or obstacles. Its no fun putting it in or out of the truck and if its stuck in a corner of a room amidst a jumble of games and you need to lift it up to get it out, forget it!

I find it more of a pain in the butt than anything, and I will not take it unless I know there's going to be a bunch of stairs involved. And the kick back release latch is a joke! Its so small, I can not release it with the tip of my shoe no matter what shoes I'm wearing. I find I have to balance the load with one hand while I try to reach all the way down with my free hand to try to release it that way. Its a miracle I haven't dumped a game yet when doing that. What a piece of crap engineering! My other handcarts have a small pull ring located conveniently where you can get to it to extend the tripod support when moving a game. Would that have been so hard Escalera - really?? I can't tell you how many times I curse that feature!

But, like I said, going up and down stairs or using the forklift to lift something heavy onto the back of the truck or onto a table or stand- invaluable!

#172 9 months ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I bought the 66" version, with big wheel and fork lift. In my opinion, its a one trick pony. Excellent for going up or down stairs, and invaluable for that purpose, particularly when you're alone. But other than that, its way more trouble than its worth! Even without the fork lift attached, its extremely heavy and not easily maneuverable around corners or obstacles. Its no fun putting it in or out of the truck and if its stuck in a corner of a room amidst a jumble of games and you need to lift it up to get it out, forget it!

I find it more of a pain in the butt than anything, and I will not take it unless I know there's going to be a bunch of stairs involved. And the kick back release latch is a joke! Its so small, I can not release it with the tip of my shoe no matter what shoes I'm wearing. I find I have to balance the load with one hand while I try to reach all the way down with my free hand to try to release it that way. Its a miracle I haven't dumped a game yet when doing that. What a piece of crap engineering! My other handcarts have a small pull ring located conveniently where you can get to it to extend the tripod support when moving a game. Would that have been so hard Escalera - really?? I can't tell you how many times I curse that feature!

But, like I said, going up and down stairs or using the forklift to lift something heavy onto the back of the truck or onto a table or stand- invaluable!

95% of the time I use the Escalera strictly to move games up or down my basement stairs. For this alone, it has been worth the money. I used to have all sorts of lower back issues, and those have mostly gone away ever since I started using the Escalera. I think a lot of people don't realize the toll it takes on your body moving these 300 lb beasts with a standard hand truck.

#173 9 months ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Sounds like you also have the RLS (retractable load support option) on your hand truck along with the Big Wheels. I typically recommend one or the other but not both. Like you said its hard to release the RLS with your foot but can be done. I just use the Big Wheels to accomplish the same thing. You can always set the game down and then release the RLS so that would alleviate your fear of dumping the game. With the RLS it does add weight to the hand truck so one of the disadvantages of that option. If you think the Escalera is heavy try lifting a Lectro Truck or Powermate. Both are almost twice the weight.

Larry

#174 9 months ago

I borrowed an escalera from a friend last week because I needed to move 5 games into my basement. My initiation with the machine was bringing it up from his basement and then a dry run down to my basement, both times unloaded.

When i moved two games down in quick succession, I found it pretty easy and strain-free... except for my hands. My hands were tired. I was gripping the handles much tighter than I needed to. The next game I moved down, I focused on taking my time, keeping it balanced, and found it much more relaxed. Long story short, it has a bit of a learning curve, but makes moving games by yourself very doable and convenient.

#175 9 months ago

If the escalera was much lighter, it wouldn’t do the job.

#176 9 months ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Sounds like you also have the RLS (retractable load support option) on your hand truck along with the Big Wheels. I typically recommend one or the other but not both. Like you said its hard to release the RLS with your foot but can be done. I just use the Big Wheels to accomplish the same thing. You can always set the game down and then release the RLS so that would alleviate your fear of dumping the game. With the RLS it does add weight to the hand truck so one of the disadvantages of that option. If you think the Escalera is heavy try lifting a Lectro Truck or Powermate. Both are almost twice the weight.
    Larry

Hey you! Get back to the beach you don't have to sell anymore that Zach's job now! lol Thanks for the Many wonderful years of support and kind professional service. Best to you and your wife you will never be forgotten!!!

#177 9 months ago

His beach trip is well deserved!

2 months later
    #178 7 months ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Love mine. It makes the job much easier and safer, but be warned that it still isn't "easy". There is a learning curve and you still need some decent muscle to use it. I am a pretty small guy...5'6" 150 lb-ish and definitely not a body builder. Each time the feet grab a step, the center of gravity changes dramatically and it wants to catapult me up and over the pin. You definitely have to be holding on and braced for the force. I have gotten used to it and really do not have a problem doing it, but it's not like you can just push the button and have it do all the work. You also have to be careful about the angle and making sure the feet stay on the edge. The lifting feet are very small, and if you have it tilted back too far, they can come off the step. It takes a bit of practice to get the hang of it, and the first stair going down still give me a seriously butt pucker. None of this is a deal breaker, and I'm not trying to scare you off of it...just things to be aware of to avoid surprises. I would say it's one of the best pin related purchases I've made and it's saved my back many times over.
    I have the big wheels, and find them to be a necessity. It makes getting over door frames, carpet, etc so easy. Plus if you are moving it far, the pin can rest of all 4 wheels and be moved with very little effort. I bring mine to MGC set-up each year because of this and it's a life saver.
    I kind of wish I would have sprung for the fork lift to make getting in and out of vehicles easier. I can still handle them myself, but that would be nice. For leg set-up, I have a modified tipping hydraulic table which is super handy.
    It is heavy, but not to the point of being hard to deal with. I put mine in and out of my vehicle myself with no problem. I wouldn't want to carry it around, but have no problem lifting it when needed. Mine is the 60" though...the bigger ones I'm sure are beefier.

Exactly my experience

2 weeks later
    #179 6 months ago

Anyone ever move an arcade machine with one of these? any issues?

#180 6 months ago
    Quoted from JohnJN:

I'm lugging a Tempest upstairs with it next week, will report back.

#181 6 months ago
    Quoted from JohnJN:

I moved my Tron arcade machine upstairs using my Escalara. I strapped it on the Escalara from the side instead of the back because of the shape of the cabinet. No problems moving it up the stairs with 2 90 degree landings.

#182 6 months ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

I like the step edge detection. Have only used on low pile carpet though. I found the most important thing is that the step edge detection helps you keep the unit at the right angle. Keeping the unit at the right angle is key to using it safely and letting it do the work.

#183 6 months ago
    Quoted from JohnJN:

I used it to bring my Groove Coaster into my basement. That thing must weigh close to 500 pounds. No problems at all.

2 weeks later
    #184 6 months ago

Excited to use my Escalara...waiting for a new pin to do so.

I had this cover made for it in the interim so it doesn't get all dusty and cobwebbed.

IMG_1006 (resized).jpeg
    #185 6 months ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Excited to use my Escalara...waiting for a new pin to do so.
    I had this cover made for it in the interim so it doesn't get all dusty and cobwebbed.
    [quoted image]

A “dolly bag” cleaver. Take time to do Much practicing!! Almost lost my first machine ever not being prepared. Go slow and be safe.

#186 6 months ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

A “dolly bag” cleaver. Take time to do Much practicing!! Almost lost my first machine ever not being prepared. Go slow and be safe.

Zach also urged practice. I haven't even charged the battery yet...Wonka feels like a lifetime away, and try as I might I can't find another pin to buy in the interim.

#187 6 months ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The forklift attachment is a handy thing to have, but it's heavy as f***!!! Because of this, I rarely use it. The Escalera alone is already pretty heavy.

The forklift with the pinplate accessory (that, as far as I know, is exclusive to FlipNOut) is money. No easier way to set a game up. You can use the escalera to move a game into your game room... then attach the forklift and pin plate and lower the plate to the ground. Then simply tip the game forward onto the pinplate. Crank the plate up in the air. Attach legs. Maneuver into place... lower game to ground. Done.

Super simple. Save your back!

#188 6 months ago

Warning Please Practice and have a spotter!!! I have been using my Escalera for at least a year now and the other week I decided to bring a game up the stairs without anyone being there to help/spot me. I made it all the way up to the last step which is slightly higher than the other steps and leaned the Escalera down slightly more than normal and the wheels slid out from the steps and proceeded to drag me and the game back down the stairs. I held on for dear life trying to slow its progress down the stairs. The Escalera ended up hitting the vertical banister at the bottom of the steps and that is the only thing that stopped it from sliding all the way back into the basement. The Escalera was now wedged in the hallway at the bottom of the stairs. I ended up having to get the neighbor to help me unwedge it and then get the game back up the stairs. The hallway wall has some pretty bad damage to the drywall when it got wedged. No damage was done to the game or the Escalera but I was sore from being drug down 8-10 steps like Superman.
    Joe

#189 6 months ago
    Quoted from cyroute:

Warning Please Practice and have a spotter!!! I have been using my Escalera for at least a year now and the other week I decided to bring a game up the stairs without anyone being there to help/spot me. I made it all the way up to the last step which is slightly higher than the other steps and leaned the Escalera down slightly more than normal and the wheels slid out from the steps and proceeded to drag me and the game back down the stairs. I held on for dear life trying to slow its progress down the stairs. The Escalera ended up hitting the vertical banister at the bottom of the steps and that is the only thing that stopped it from sliding all the way back into the basement. The Escalera was now wedged in the hallway at the bottom of the stairs. I ended up having to get the neighbor to help me unwedge it and then get the game back up the stairs. The hallway wall has some pretty bad damage to the drywall when it got wedged. No damage was done to the game or the Escalera but I was sore from being drug down 8-10 steps like Superman.
    Joe

Oh man...that sucks. Sorry this happened, but glad it wasn't worse. That said, this is exactly the reason I would NEVER use a spotter. Had this happened with someone under you, do you really think they could have caught it? Even if they had a hold of it and were braced and ready, that's still a lot of weight for one person to suddenly hold. Scary stuff.

#190 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Oh man...that sucks. Sorry this happened, but glad it wasn't worse. That said, this is exactly the reason I would NEVER use a spotter. Had this happened with someone under you, do you really think they could have caught it? Even if they had a hold of it and were braced and ready, that's still a lot of weight for one person to suddenly hold. Scary stuff.

Yes I think they would of seen the wheels coming off the ledge and held it there or warned me. It did not go down fast off the first step kinda slipped then went slow until about 3 steps down. Normally when I have help they put constant pressure on the game as if they are helping the Escalara lif it up the stairs.

#191 6 months ago
    Quoted from cyroute:

Yes I think they would of seen the wheels coming off the ledge and held it there or warned me. It did not go down fast off the first step kinda slipped then went slow until about 3 steps down. Normally when I have help they put constant pressure on the game as if they are helping the Escalara lif it up the stairs.

Gotcha. Either way...scary stuff. Glad you weren't injured and the game is ok!

#192 6 months ago

Does anyone have any issues with keeping the battery alive? I use mine maybe once every 1-2 years and each time the battery is dead beyond resurrection. Do you leave your charger plugged in forever or only when you see the light indicate it needs a charge?

#193 6 months ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Zach also urged practice. I haven't even charged the battery yet...Wonka feels like a lifetime away, and try as I might I can't find another pin to buy in the interim.

Practice, practice, practice! Run it all the way up and down the steps a few times empty. The first time with a game, just go very slow and pay attention to the wheels and feet as the balance will shift when the feet catch! If you are ready and watch when they make contact you will be able to anticipate it and find the center of gravity so you aren't fighting the weight and let the dolly do the work. Also, go slow! The feet can take the weight so there is no need to blast down or up holding the switch. I get line up good and go a little bit at a time, small short presses on the switch to ensure I'm lined up and have a good grip on the steps, when in doubt, reverse and line back up. It is a little unnerving at first but after a few times you get pretty comfortable.

Quoted from JoeJet:

Does anyone have any issues with keeping the battery alive? I use mine maybe once every 1-2 years and each time the battery is dead beyond resurrection. Do you leave your charger plugged in forever or only when you see the light indicate it needs a charge?

You should look for a battery "maintainer" (I think that's the name). It will charge the battery only when it needs it, so you can keep it plugged in 24/7 and it basically keeps the battery charged as needed.

#194 6 months ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

I have the charger that came with the Escalera, and I keep mine plugged in all the time. I spoke with someone at the company, and they assured me this was perfectly fine.

#195 6 months ago

I recently borrowed an Escalera staircat from a buddy. It was a life saver.

11 pins and 4 vids up a narrow flight of stairs and then a 90 degree turn.

Took about 3 hours and that included learning “on the job” and moving pins to a resting place that had its own challenges (other than the stairs). 3 hours is NOTHING compared top the effort it would have taken to move them manually.

Just a few notes:

1) the balance shift when going up stairs is significant. Your pin could literally flip over and fall back down.

1.5) there is also a balance shift when you are near the top of the stairs. When you are on, say, the lower 80% you are standing on steps. However, at a certain point the Escalera is on a step and you are on the very top. It's just a different balance.

2) take it slow and learn when the balance adjustments are needed

3) Also note the balance shift is different for pins and vids, and even for different shaped pins/vids I'd assume

4) none of above in any way should stop you from using an Escalera. Just be aware.

5) battery was fully charged at start and felt like it was slowing down after 10 pins. There is no gauge. I juiced it up over a lunch break.

6) Escalera itself didn’t cause any issues in my narrow space with turn

7) 90% was going upstairs but there were 2 stairs down too (after the 90 degree turn). Imho it’s much harder to get the hang of going down. After these 15 big games I still didn’t have this quite right. When you get it wrong, the just falls down a step -- be prepared.

8 ) overall huge thumbs up. But don’t think this tool does everything for you and requires no skill to operate.

Update:

To be more clear about pros/cons

Pros: You can do 15 games in 3 hours. How else could you do this?
    Cons: It's not magic. It's a tool. You need to learn how to use it best and always be careful. It's expensive.

... Altan

#196 6 months ago
    Quoted from cyroute:

Joe

This is exactly why I sought out a tread system. There is no chance this will topple down the stairs.

20190517_175401 (resized).jpg
    #197 6 months ago

cons: heavy and expensive. If you move loads of pins or sell and deliver games for a living it would help, but I don't find moving a pin with a regular dolly to difficult.

#198 5 months ago

It’s worth every penny

#199 5 months ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I have the charger that came with the Escalera, and I keep mine plugged in all the time. I spoke with someone at the company, and they assured me this was perfectly fine.

Thanks guys.. will buy a new battery and charger from them directly..not sure if my charger is good as I got mine second hand.

#200 5 months ago
    Quoted from cyroute:

Joe

Sad to admit I had the Exact same experience. Scary as hell. The Escalara was for sale the following week. Really wanted it to work but we were instantly afraid of it,from then on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    $ 49.00
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    The Flipper Room
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Williamson Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 208.87
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 30.00
    Pinball Machine
    Habos Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 248.85
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside