Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 264 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Indusguys
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E64E501C-14B9-466E-8844-F83A72FB8394 (resized).jpeg
    8DE5F279-B3B7-458F-9365-08F60AF9B938 (resized).jpeg
    20190815_075837 (resized).jpg
    20190815_080116 (resized).jpg
    20190815_080045 (resized).jpg
    20190517_175401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1006 (resized).jpeg
    E42FA766-5415-442D-B816-F310F58FE78D (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    landinga (resized).JPG
    Threshold (resized).jpg
    escalera fail (resized).JPG
    77A1B610-8F90-40E3-8C8D-42E4379B037C (resized).jpeg

There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

back in form of forward pull and you have to be quite strong in the arms to control it well

This is bad information and untrue.

#52 5 years ago

So I started reading this post a little while ago. I've been looking at these for years but just couldn't justify spending $2000 plus. I had my 4th shoulder surgery a couple months ago and a neck disc replacement last year and I can't lift anything. I have a game I need to move upstairs and dreaded asking people for help.
    So while reading this (3 hours ago) I checked craigslist and saw one for sale that was 29 days old for $300. So without anything to loose I emailed and it was still there.
    Anyway I'm home now with my Escalara MS-1-66 1200lb cap. charging the battery. And I only paid $200 and works great.
    I'm glad this post was here to get me motivated to look. Tomorrow TZ is going upstairs!

#53 5 years ago

I have all the attachments and I love mine. It has save me working by myself many many times. They are expensive I agree but worth every dollar. Plus, cheaper than a NIB or back pain...

#54 5 years ago

I got mine for less than $2k new. It is 66”, has the tire wheel attachment, and large plate attachment. I need to look into the forklift for not needing help getting it on and off my pickup truck bed. Anybody know a cost for this?

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Why not spend the money on a gym membership? A healthy grown man with no disabilities should have no problem moving a pinball machine up a set of stairs with a standard dolly. I had one person use an escalara when buying a machine from me and it seems like way more of a pain in the ass to move and position that akward dolly than to just pull the game up my 5 steps manually. I've moved tons of games up and down stairs and never had an issue and I'm average sized at best.

This made me chuckle out loud. I'm 6'4 230 lbs. I grew up playing football and basketball. I am healthy and I can out muscle most. I have 15 stairs and 20 pinball machines that are constantly rotating in and out. Come get my STTNG out of my basement with a harbor freight dolly/small frame/gym membership combo. You will either poop yourself or bust a blood vessel brother, but have it your way.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

i’d love to have one, but a pizza and a couple beers drags a buddy over to help a hell of a lot cheaper.

Maybe, but the buddy has usually already been out drinking!

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

So I started reading this post a little while ago. I've been looking at these for years but just couldn't justify spending $2000 plus. I had my 4th shoulder surgery a couple months ago and a neck disc replacement last year and I can't lift anything. I have a game I need to move upstairs and dreaded asking people for help.
    So while reading this (3 hours ago) I checked craigslist and saw one for sale that was 29 days old for $300. So without anything to loose I emailed and it was still there.
    Anyway I'm home now with my Escalara MS-1-66 700lb cap. charging the battery. And I only paid $200 and works great.
    I'm glad this post was here to get me motivated to look. Tomorrow TZ is going upstairs!

$200?? Wonder if it fell off a truck or disappeared out a warehouse door?

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

I got mine for less than $2k new. It is 66”, has the tire wheel attachment, and large plate attachment. I need to look into the forklift for not needing help getting it on and off my pickup truck bed. Anybody know a cost for this?

You can check with flipnout1 Larry, but I "think" this isn't an "add on". I think you have to order it with it as the structure of the cart is different. I might be wrong, but I know people were on these threads asking if anyone wanted to trade one style for the other. The forklift version weighs ALOT more.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is bad information and untrue.

I'd say it's more of an experience than incorrect... what are you assuming, I made it up?

When you're on stairs you can't get that prime angle like you can on flat ground for having a handtruck balance itself well and feel "weightlessness". It's just not possible on stairs. Hence needing to pull back pretty hard, and when those little wheels start to push up it does lerch forward pretty hard when it catches.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I'd say it's more of an experience than incorrect... what are you assuming, I made it up?
    When you're on stairs you can't get that prime angle like you can on flat ground for having a handtruck balance itself well and feel "weightlessness". It's just not possible on stairs. Hence needing to pull back pretty hard, and when those little wheels start to push up it does lerch forward pretty hard when it catches.

Practice makes perfect. When you go up, the game does feel like it wants to lurch forward, but once you do it a few times, you realize how to adjust your angle, leverage and where to stand. It's really effortless to move a game.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Practice makes perfect. When you go up, the game does feel like it wants to lurch forward, but once you do it a few times, you realize how to adjust your angle, leverage and where to stand. It's really effortless to move a game.

Yes, I found this true for most games and did that heavy game almost last. The added weight made it very difficult to control, and I didn't feel like it was "adjusting" because I had already tons of experience with it that day even. Like I said above I think it would have been easier and possible if you could stand differently, but alas they're stairs and unfortunately it's pretty tricky to adjust yourself too much. I wasn't able to counter the weight (and believe me I tried holding on like hell!) and down the stairs it went.

#62 5 years ago

The key is center of weight. You must center the mass weight over the the center of the wheels or a little inwards. The reason it want to pull forward is because of the back box extends so far forward. By keeping the weight towards the back you let the machine do all the work.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Perhaps I could make a video for you on how to use it correctly. Yes, you experienced all this difficulty using it, but that’s not necessary. Of course the right angle can be found on stairs. That’s how thousands of professional users do it all day every day.

#64 5 years ago

Video would be helpful!!

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

You can check with flipnout1 Larry, but I "think" this isn't an "add on". I think you have to order it with it as the structure of the cart is different. I might be wrong, but I know people were on these threads asking if anyone wanted to trade one style for the other. The forklift version weighs ALOT more.

Check with Larry, but I'm sure the forklift is a separate piece and can be ordered separately.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Video would be helpful!!

There are several on Larry's site.
    https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/videos

#67 5 years ago

I remember using one on some steep basement stairs with bilco doors, stairs were steep and smooth and I thought the climbing mechanism wasn't gripping good and it was a scary situation. I only used it that one time but I wonder how it handles on different surfaces, carpet etc. If you have metal edging on the steps like in some older houses, I wouldn't use it. I also wonder if it scratches finished/stained wooden steps. Personally I prefer using another human and doing push-ups

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Why not spend the money on a gym membership? A healthy grown man with no disabilities should have no problem moving a pinball machine up a set of stairs with a standard dolly. I had one person use an escalara when buying a machine from me and it seems like way more of a pain in the ass to move and position that akward dolly than to just pull the game up my 5 steps manually. I've moved tons of games up and down stairs and never had an issue and I'm average sized at best.

Your stair setup was a bit unique in a bilevel house Fattdirk. That WOZ was a heavy SOB but we got it up without any damage didn't we...every situation is different. If you have a straight shot upstairs, it's "easy" when you know what you're doing. I've moved a lot of games with a standard dolly and a lot with my Escalera. Lovin' the Escalera (and my neighbor is too...he stopped answering the phone when I called to help with a game (kidding of course)). I always have another person there to "monitor" in case there are ever any problems. Haven't had any yet...

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

Anyway I'm home now with my Escalara MS-1-66 1200lb cap. charging the battery. And I only paid $200 and works great.

Wow congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! You win. I got the exact same model for $300 and thought that was a killer deal.

#70 5 years ago

if you have stairs, I couldn't imagine not having it...

It is really heavy and hard to get used to at first. (you can always get the one without the forks though/ or the one you can detach the forks (model RLA-EW)).
    It's great for boxed pinballs your trying to put in a high truck or big ass safes... pretty much all I've used it for thus far since I don't have stairs -- thank god.

I modified a harbor freight scissor lift with pipe handles to move around most things. I always regretted getting the 48" height one, till I picked up a machine off a loading dock in Dallas recently.

#71 5 years ago

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as just adding the forklift attachment to the non-forklift model. The model with the forklift has some parts of the frame that are different. I believe it's technically possible to convert it, but it would be pretty expensive. Larry is obviously the person to talk to about this.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from Turtle:

Wow congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! You win. I got the exact same model for $300 and thought that was a killer deal.

Turns out I have a RLA-HC but the forklift is missing. Cost about thousand for a new one so that's not happening anytime soon. If anyone knows of a used forklift attachment let me know.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from Turtle:

Man and I thought I did great at 500 and it needed a motor, belt , batt and charger. I have 1k in it and still am VERY happy

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Perhaps I could make a video for you on how to use it correctly. Yes, you experienced all this difficulty using it, but that’s not necessary. Of course the right angle can be found on stairs. That’s how thousands of professional users do it all day every day.

Again, I used it just fine for 39 other machines. But when the weight was added, even with the correct angle adjustments to compensate, it was rough. Save your lesson for somebody else.

For anybody interested in semantics, they were painted concrete indoor steps which were pretty slick. I imagine I might have had a better time on carpet.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Save your lesson for somebody else.

But you really need help.

Quoted from Otaku:

and when those little wheels start to push up it does lerch forward pretty hard when it catches.

No it doesn’t. There is no lurching. There is no catching. The whole thing is balanced on the small feet *before* you engage the motor. Once the motor is working all should be smooth and easy.

#76 5 years ago

Escalera.com
    Will answer your questions. Videos and accessories.

#77 5 years ago

I liked the videos on Larry's site. They showed real pin scenarios.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Save your lesson for somebody else.

This coming from you?

#79 5 years ago

I bought a used 60" escalera. Wish I had a taller one. Eventually I will trade up. Have toe plate and big wheels. I use the big wheels for every surface but the actual stairs. I don't regret my decision one bit.
    That being said, even though I can move a pin by myself now, I really don't like to. The heavier the pin, the more work it takes to keep it stable. This is one of the reasons I want the longer one. People with the longer ones don't seem to have as many issues with the pivoting as I seem to have.

#80 5 years ago

I have the Powermate L1, and I love it. I bought it used for around 1K, and it’s money very well spent.

My stairs have a small landing with a 90 degree turn, and my understanding is that this would be impossible with an Escalera.

If I’m moving a lighter pin, and I have help, I’ll often opt for a regular movers Dolly, as it’s so much faster, but more often than not I move pins up and down on my own, and my L1 is perfect.

It’s not free of effort by any means. I work up a pretty good sweat moving a couple of pins... but there isn’t the stress and strain of a regular Dolly move.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend a Powermate

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I own both Powermate and Escalera. Both have their pros and cons. We use escalera in most lighter weight applications which have gotten fewer as games are getting bigger and heavier.
    From a pinball standpoint escalera can not do what powermate does. I am able to take a pinball set up in the full playing position and dolly it up or down a flight of stairs. I can also lift it set up directly into my sprinter van without the need for an attached lift. As an operator this is a great advantage. Escalera can take pins up and down stairs but I feel it is necessary to have them folded in an upright configuration for safety.
    The powermate also assists with moving things you would not dare try with an escalera. IE 1000lb safes up and down stairs or just moving units that you can not tip without an extra set of hands.
    Overall I prefer the powermate m1, it is not as light as an escalera but its utility is far greater for what I am doing on my route.

Can you explain what you mean by moving a pin in setup position? How do you strap it to the Powermate?! I assume I just don’t have the ceiling clearance for this, and certainly wouldn’t work for a landing turn like I have. Just curious.

Also, I have the L1. Going to look at what the M1 is now.

Thanks

#82 5 years ago

Pro: Wife and I can move a pin solo, despite stairs.
    Con: Price
    Con: Still need help stabilizing - I don't use it *enough* to be as good as Larry.
    Pro: What I save on medical bills
    Pro: Not waiting for grunts who are .. built better.. to help.

Zero regrets.

#83 5 years ago

My first time using an escalera was with a loaner to determine if I wanted to purchase, and it was an absolute disaster. The thing about these things is that when they are lifting the machine, the weight distribution changes drastically. It wants to roll the machine forward and you have to pull back on it to keep it balanced. I was about 5 stairs up, and I'm pulling back, and my feet start slipping (wood stairs). I'm basically just sliding forward on the step with no leverage at all. Eventually I had to just let go. The machine flipped forward, hit a stair or two, then skidded to a stop on the bottom landing.

I was surprised by how little damage actually resulted. A small chunk of wood out of my stairs, and a broken plunger housing and thats it. Could have been a lot worse. Glad I didn't have my girlfriend or friend under there...

Needless to say, I decided not to purchase. I successfully got the game up the stairs with it, but that thing just terrified me. Apart from the accident, my biggest fear was that the battery would die halfway up the stairs. God help you if that happens, because those things weight a ton. Maybe I'd feel better if there was a battery backup.

Nowadays, I just hire a helper using TaskRabbit. They are usually something like $30-$40/hr. I figure I'd have to move about 20 machines before the escalera was worth it. I move a game up my stairs maybe 3-4 times per year, so it wasn't really worth it to me.
    escalera fail (resized).JPGescalera fail (resized).JPG

#84 5 years ago

Yow!

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

my biggest fear was that the battery would die halfway up the stairs. God help you if that happens, because those things weight a ton

Don’t worry too much about that. The battery doesn’t die suddenly. It just gets slower and slower, but you have full torque all the way. If the battery is close to dying halfway you just go back down the stairs.

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Don’t worry too much about that. The battery doesn’t die suddenly. It just gets slower and slower, but you have full torque all the way. If the battery is close to dying halfway you just go back down the stairs.

Good to know!

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

My first time using an escalera was with a loaner to determine if I wanted to purchase, and it was an absolute disaster. The thing about these things is that when they are lifting the machine, the weight distribution changes drastically. It wants to roll the machine forward and you have to pull back on it to keep it balanced. I was about 5 stairs up, and I'm pulling back, and my feet start slipping (wood stairs). I'm basically just sliding forward on the step with no leverage at all. Eventually I had to just let go. The machine flipped forward, hit a stair or two, then skidded to a stop on the bottom landing.
    I was surprised by how little damage actually resulted. A small chunk of wood out of my stairs, and a broken plunger housing and thats it. Could have been a lot worse. Glad I didn't have my girlfriend or friend under there...
    Needless to say, I decided not to purchase. I successfully got the game up the stairs with it, but that thing just terrified me. Apart from the accident, my biggest fear was that the battery would die halfway up the stairs. God help you if that happens, because those things weight a ton. Maybe I'd feel better if there was a battery backup.
    Nowadays, I just hire a helper using TaskRabbit. They are usually something like $30-$40/hr. I figure I'd have to move about 20 machines before the escalera was worth it. I move a game up my stairs maybe 3-4 times per year, so it wasn't really worth it to me.

You can't BUY advertising like that. No way.

#88 5 years ago

My rule #1 is no pins ever again upstairs in the game room!

Converted my garage into a pin room. Simple in and out.

I've got two more to move down from the upstairs game room. I'm thinking I can slide those down with a little help and then dolly them out to the garage.

My next house, probably within a year, I'll need an Escalera or Powermate to load these into my truck to transport them.

I used an Escalera to move a vintage Coke machine into and out of the truck. It didn't involve stairs but seemed easy enough.

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Not surprised somebody else had the same experience. These things are not perfect. Almost the exact same thing that happened to me down to the details.

#90 5 years ago

I am not sure about others, but Larry had a conversation with me how I expected to use the Escalera before purchasing. In regards to having issues, it is heavy and the small wheels are good inside (big wheels outside), so I've always found it manageable. It walks stairs easier than I expected, again it may not be perfect or work for everyone. It reminds me of a new Honda Goldwing I saw years ago at a motorcycle show. They had it laying down to show how easy it was to lift, there was a woman maybe 110 lbs. who brought it right up laying her hip into it and using leverage.

Brad

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as just adding the forklift attachment to the non-forklift model. The model with the forklift has some parts of the frame that are different. I believe it's technically possible to convert it, but it would be pretty expensive. Larry is obviously the person to talk to about this.

I bought mine from direct from escalera, the guy said their was two different models (with forks).
    one where you can't remove the forks and one where they make to where you can.

I got the one where you can, cost like an additional 500 bucks but whatever.

model RLA-EW is the one where you can, but like you mentioned it's not like you just pop them off super easily like the big wheel attachment.

#92 5 years ago

So I used mine for the first time today. First time using an Escalera. I have a spiral staircase going about 120 deg. and have to adjust after each step. I first practiced bringing my harbor freight dolly up with it. I felt good using it and went straight to the Twilight Zone, heavy wide body. No problems at all. It did want to pull vertical as it caught the stair, carpeted by the way. But once I was ready for that I had no issues. Wish I had this 20 years ago. Now I don't think I would spend that much for a new one. And I would only use once or twice a year if that. I have no problem helping out friends nearby. But glad I found a used one. I only need to by a new battery, $36 on amazon.

#93 5 years ago

I used mine today at a fellow pinsider's house while fetching a pin. That pinsider didn't know much about these, but will now buy one. Practicing with something not valuable is good advice being given to get the feel of how to use one.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

I bought one, used it once, and immediately sold it. I lifted a Whirlwind up a flight of stairs and thank god someone was there to help me otherwise I would have dropped both the machine and the Escalera down the stairs. It feels like the thing is going lose grip and fall the entire way up - very anxiety-inducing. I couldn't negotiate getting over the top step properly without shifting the weight of the machine in a direction that I was positive would cause a disaster (so again, thank god I had a buddy there to help lift up the final stair the old fashion way). Maybe I'm just super weak/out of shape, but it destroyed my shoulders and upper chest. I was sore for days after using it. However I will admit - my back didn't feel a thing!
    Sorry to be so negative on it, but after reading all the positive comments here, I figured I'd play devil's advocate. Looks like it was just me who sucked at using it!

I have to say I’m glad that happened because I’ve moved 10 pins since you sold it to me

#95 5 years ago

Lots of good info in this thread and some info that just isn't true.

Without going into what is and what isn't let me try and comment in general about some comments.

The Escalera weighs about 76 pounds. Any motorized hand truck will weigh more than one without a battery and a motor/gearbox. No matter what brand.
    If that is a concern the weights of every manufacturers model can easily be found on line. Others weigh much more. I am not aware of any that weigh less.

Escalera has been made for over 50 years. It is used in many different professions by folks who use it every day as part of their job. The pinball/arcade world is a very small part of their overall sales. I sell to professional safe movers, plumbers/electricians/cast iron stove installers, etc, etc.

If you can move a game with a standard appliance dolly on your stairs then you can use the Escalera. Its the same footprint so if you have a turn and a small landing then this applies. No different than with any other manufacturer.

Moving a game with an Escalera is all about balance. The hand truck does all the lifting. If you are unable to move it because or your size or strength then you are doing it wrong. The weight or load is balanced on the main wheels until you hit the next step. That balance point then shifts to the feet so the balance point moves. The easiest way to ensure that you are ready for that is to go slowly to that point. Once the feet touch the next step push down and now the weight and balance point is transferred to that step. If you maintain the correct balance point (as with any hand truck, powered or not) you will have no issues.

The Escalera will work on any surface. Check out the video of it on an ice block. I have personally used it on metal stairs which had snow and ice on them. The weight is going straight down so it will not slide.

If used correctly the hand truck does not touch the edge of the stairs. It lifts the load over the edge and the feet and weight land on the surface about two inches from the edge.

There are many different kinds of motorized hand trucks. Some have been mentioned here. For the price and flexibility I recommend my product. I know it works well. I use it weekly. There is a reason its been built for over 50 years and its still hard to find used ones.

I've tried to answer the comments I've seen here. If you have any questions call me. I will be happy to answer any and all. I've been using this product for many years and have moved many items. Hundreds. I've been in all kinds of stair situations. Some are definitely easier than others. If safe movers who move a 1000 pound safe use this and do it safely every day then I'm sure it can handle a 300 pound game.

larry@flipnoutpinball

#96 5 years ago

For me the choice was easy. Did I want a 350lb Hobbit to land on me and kill me in the process or have an Escalera do it? Lol.

An Escalera has been one of the best pin purchases I've made. A friend of mine who also owns pin went 50 / 50 with me on the purchase so we just trade it off. It makes moving pins relatively easy. However, as others have said you still need to be careful and make sure you maintain the balance point while going up and downstairs. For moving pins with an Escalera I still recommend having two people, one operating while the other is making sure it's going to grab the stair tread and to apply some slight pressure to the back of the game so that the Escalera doesn't slip off a stair tread.

#97 5 years ago

Pros- you will not die, crushed, while moving your machines.
    Cons- your enemies will not die, crushed, while moving their machines either.

#98 5 years ago

So - here's my thoughts. Full disclosure - I got mine from Larry - who was great to deal with (and a second time when I snagged the hitch attachment as well).

I moved to a new house which has a much larger basement arcade space - but no entry. I have a one shot 10-12 step staircase that's pretty narrow (ie - it fits, but I had to take the hand rail off the wall). I've moved 4 machines down so far of a nice variety (with characteristic noted)... Firepower (Basic), Paragon (Widebody), Swords of Fury (fold down head), Street Fighter 2 (larger body/fold down). For each of these - I had the seatbelt as well as a ratchet strap around the top of the unit.

Moving Firepower down in two pieces was absolutely cake. Paragon was the same - the width doesn't matter since it's a straight shot and wasn't very heavy. Swords of Fury wasn't too bad either, but the head on made it extra tight getting through the doorway. Still no real issues save one I'll get into later across all these...

Then I tried SF2... I know that's a bit heavier - and the footprint of it is larger/heavier/further from the handtruck itself because of that dimension. Twice I felt like it was going to tip off and I had to really pull it back. I made it down in one piece, but after moving this one I was definitely a lot more nervous about future moves than the last three which left me feeling largely happy and confident.

One thing I had an issue with (and tried to adjust on SF2) was my angle during descent. I've noticed that as I'm heading down, often times my wheels don't land on the next step and I basically skip a step. I'm guessing that's due to my angle being too far back and not vertical enough. But moving it more vertical resulted into almost losing it. I didn't notice the issue as much on FP or Paragon, but that's likely cause the weight was balanced more toward the back/handtruck and the head really makes that weight seem off. Swords wasn't so bad, but the extra few inches of height of SF2 really exacerbated that feeling. (TimeBandit - I'd watch your video cause more information certainly can't hurt)

At this point, I'm thinking it's more a learning curve than an issue. There are dozens of people that use these every day and can't live without them. I'm still largely pleased with mine - just realizing it's not quite as easy as I thought it was at first. If I had the choice, I'd buy it again without hesitation. But I would definitely recommend the 'PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE' aspect as much as possible.

In other news - If you're thinking about the hitch attachment; it is an absolute dream to have your unit with you and not cut down on pin room on the inside; It keeps my van a 2-3 pin hauling beast. I was nervous as hell the first time I used it since it's just the winch and one steel strap - but i've kicked it up to 75 and I live in a major freeze/thaw area so potholes and bumps aren't an issue either.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For moving pins with an Escalera I still recommend having two people, one operating while the other is making sure it's going to grab the stair tread and to apply some slight pressure to the back of the game so that the Escalera doesn't slip off a stair tread.

That's why I got the brake attachment also. That attachment works great on the stairs - recommend it for the newbies. But I still have someone there for guidance as one time my angle was wrong and skipped one stair with a big jukebox on it. I'm getting better at it, but I am still a little nervous using it.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

That's why I got the brake attachment also. That attachment works great on the stairs - recommend it for the newbies. But I still have someone there for guidance as one time my angle was wrong and skipped one stair with a big jukebox on it. I'm getting better at it, but I am still a little nervous using it.

Any idea if you can put that on the escalera after the fact or if the brake has to come on your unit from the factory? flipnout1 ?

There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/escalara-pros-amp-cons/page/2?hl=flamingo43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.