Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by riggy469
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

There are two gates in the Zone 6 loop, one (or both) of which must complete Zone 6 when it's active. However, these gates seem to do nothing during gameplay. No points, no sound, no spotting of zone 6 when it's flashing. Zone 6 can and is spotted during other means, such as skill shot. The gates work fine in the switch test. Where do I start?

#2 11 years ago

During switch test do you manually open/close them (ie with your hand), or do you roll a ball through the loop to test it?

#3 11 years ago

I *think* I did both, but I know I closed them by hand for certain. I'm guessing your thinking the ball isn't closing them enough?

#4 11 years ago

I try to start with the basic stuff, and not to overthink things.

#5 11 years ago

Switch test works fine by hand and rolling ball. Where do I look now?

#6 11 years ago

Switch matrix would be my next guess. Pull one ball out of the trough and do a switch test again, noting any extra switches being activated.

#7 11 years ago

I removed one ball, went back into switch test, and the only switches triggering are trough 1 & 2.

Why would the loop gates work in the switch test but not in gameplay?

#9 11 years ago

Nothing!?!? Is everyone stumped?

#10 11 years ago

See the green wire and what ever color stripe ? I would take a jumper from that wire and hook it to a known working switch with the same color wire and see if things improve - I'm thinking poor connection around the game.

If that doesn't do it, try new switches next. ( even though yours seem to work ).

LTG : )

#11 11 years ago

Disregard! I figured it out. It seems that someone had tried adjusting the left gate switch in the past. It did work during the switch test with the ball, but I found that it was VERY intermittent. In order for Zone 6 to be completed (or any loop bonus to be awarded) both gates need to be triggered in quick succession. Since the left gate was barely making switch contact, this wasn't happening. I adjusted the switch and now it's working every time. It feels good to have fixed it, but it's something I should have caught earlier. Live and learn!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/es-zone-6-gates-work-in-switch-test-but-not-in-gameplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.