Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by toastbot
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You have a part in that mech number 03-8090. Here is a pic of it:
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MX-03-8090
Radical! uses the same part. The part had some grease on it from the factory, maybe try taking the mech apart cleaning and re-greasing the part. If this part is warn it's damn near impossible to find. I spent $80 on the last two I could find because I own Earthshaker and Radical!
You're probably okay though. Take the mech apart, new coil sleeve, inspect it, clean up and re-grease the flat cam, make sure all your switches are properly adjusted and take it from there.

There was someone in Europe who had it a bit ago. This part SCREAMS to be re-made, and someone was working on it a few years ago, but never heard what was happening.

I would love to have this made in Delrin for my ES. (Mine is also not working properly, but doesn't seem to be damaged.)

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't know if a 3D printed part could handle the repeated use and be smooth enough.

I wonder if Pam and Martin over at Pinbits could get this done in Delrin.

All I know is I would be in for a new one, even at 40-50 bucks. The edges around the catch on mine are worn, and I think that is what causes the issue.

#17 10 years ago

Pulled my mech out, and besides the worn cam the spring is shot. Checked almost everywhere and nobody has the right wring (10-401).

Anybody here know a good available spring that will work? I haven't any extras sitting around.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Bok013:

Just FYI. I added another spring to mine and hit the fault about 20 times and it worked every time. Not sure how long it will last but it is okay for now.

Any idea what spring you used? The spring on mine currently is too weak, and not really willing to pay 6+ Euros (plus shipping to CA) for a spring yet.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Bok013:

I used Part # 10-364 It was for a flipper return. I happen to have an old one laying around. I doubled it up with the one that was already on there.

Thanks! The spring on mine is hacked, so I will give that a try!

7 months later
#43 10 years ago

Quick follow-up for what fixed mine: I took the weakened spring to a local Ace, and found one that was about the same in size and strength. Fixed the issue right away. Total cost: 1.18. Something to look into.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/es-fault-issue?tu=dsuperbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.