Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by FlashDaddy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mall.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I'll be passing through your cold, cold town soon and I wondered if there was anywhere to play. The maps I have seen look pretty abysmal.

#2 5 years ago

Really not much here for the pins. PM me when you're coming into town, my pins are always open to a fellow Pinsider !!

#3 5 years ago

Stop by my house I got 8 pins. There is a beat to hell Medival Madness at the Plymouth Tav on State St

#4 5 years ago

Sure Shawn you invite a stranger but been dodging me in regards to a certain TWD I've been itching to play LOL

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Sure Shawn you invite a stranger but been dodging me in regards to a certain TWD I've been itching to play LOL

I was gonna text you later, I have zero free time until I'm done coaching hockey at the end of March. Only time I have is weekday nights and those are hit or miss !!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

The maps I have seen look pretty abysmal.

When you're looking at maps of Erie, you have to look at the Millcreek Mall. Everyone knows the mob built it, designed it like a gun & pointed it at city hall

mall.jpg

As far as pins go, I couldn't say. I haven't been there since college. Good luck with your search!

#7 5 years ago

I know they're around, but there is nothing newer than 15 years old.......minimum.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

When you're looking at maps of Erie, you have to look at the Millcreek Mall. Everyone knows the mob built it, designed it like a gun & pointed it at city hall
mall.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
As far as pins go, I couldn't say. I haven't been there since college. Good luck with your search!

HA HA, that story has been around since I was a kid. I hear there is a lot of truth to it !!

#9 5 years ago

There is a Funhouse at Pano's Greek lunch in Wealeyville. Edinboro has 3 crappy games MNFootball, NBA and Shrek. Tinseltown Movies has a Rolling Stone. Your best bet is to hang with Shawn or drive 20 min south hang with me.

#10 5 years ago

Thanks for the offers guys. I'm on a tour that's heading through there early/middle next week. I don't have a car available but would love to play with either of you. Ten days away is too long to go without pinball.

#11 5 years ago

Play at the Porter Arcade!!!

#12 5 years ago

You in a band?? If so what band and where/when you playing? I've played bass guitar in about every bar and dive in Erie County through my years and years in different bands!

#13 5 years ago

Stop by my house I got 8 pins. There is a beat to hell Medival Madness at the Plymouth Tav on State St

Ha! The Plymouth! Haven't been there in years! Do they still have quarter draft night?

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I miss the Red Baron, Tilt, and the "secret" arcade by the Sears back entrance.

#14 5 years ago

Oh man Monday quarter draft and .10c wings those were the days!! Yes Tilt and the Red Baron were the places to be. Chris Bucci aka spida1a has a couple videos on YouTube with Sportland, Tilt, red baron and a few other spots from the mid 90's its a trip down memory lane highly recommended!!

#15 5 years ago

Oh man Monday quarter draft and .10c wings those were the days!! Yes Tilt and the Red Baron were the places to be. Chris Bucci aka spida1a has a couple videos on YouTube with Sportland, Tilt, red baron and a few other spots from the mid 90's its a trip down memory lane highly recommended!!

Totally forgot about Sportland!

#16 5 years ago

Sportland Tilt and Red Barron man for $5 in quarters I could get lost those arcades for ever!!! There actually is a new place in town called Playport. Seems pretty cool and they have a Few pins according to their website.

http://www.playporterie.com

Also splash lagoon has an arcade (indoor water park) not sure if any pins

In addition nice to know there is some fellow pinsiders in Erie!!!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Stal8080:

Sportland Tilt and Red Barron man for $5 in quarters I could get lost those arcades for ever!!! There actually is a new place in town called Playport. Seems pretty cool and they have a decent selection of pins according to their website.
http://www.playporterie.com
In addition nice to know there is some fellow pinsiders in Erie!!!

Heard of that place on the radio this week. Might have to take the kids and check it out.

I hear there's a beat-up MM at the Plymouth, we should all meet up and give it a go!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

Totally forgot about Sportland!

How could you forget Sportland...noooooooooo

#19 5 years ago

They have a very nice MM plays perfect at the Oasis Bar on Route 618 West Side of conneaut lake

#20 5 years ago

I'd rather goto Shawns for TZ ES and TWD!!

#21 5 years ago

You in a band?? If so what band and where/when you playing? I've played bass guitar in about every bar and dive in Erie County through my years and years in different bands!

I am not in a band, but I tour with them sometimes...

I'm actually on a dance tour. I'm a lighting designer, mostly for theatre/music, but it's dance dance dance this time.

I'll be staying off 79/Interchange Rd. I'll pm a couple of you tomorrow and see what's up. Who knew a thread about Erie would get so many responses!

#22 5 years ago

beat to hell Medival Madness at the Plymouth Tav

How long has that been there? Last I remember they had a POTC, but that was probably 7-8 yrs ago.

Quoted from Stal8080:

Also splash lagoon has an arcade (indoor water park) not sure if any pins

Nope, none at splash lagoon

loved that place growing up!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I'm actually on a dance tour. I'm a lighting designer, mostly for theatre/music, but it's dance dance dance this time.
I'll be staying off 79/Interchange Rd. I'll pm a couple of you tomorrow and see what's up. Who knew a thread about Erie would get so many responses!

I am literally 5 minutes from that intersection.

#24 5 years ago

I remember tilt and Red Baron but not sportland

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Used to go to Tilt all the time in this mall as a kid...

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I remember tilt and Red Baron but not sportland

Sportland was just south of the airport where a Lowes now stands. Was famous for its batting cages and go carts. It had an arcade with a pool table also.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Its probably because we're cold and bored!

#28 5 years ago

Watch these videos from Spida1a they really bring back nostalgia for these places. He Starts with a Diner at a Truck stop, then a Whirlwind @ about 730, a Taxi at 940, a Cactus Jacks, @ 1428 he goes to the Red Baron to play Rescue 911 and you can see a Twilight Zone there and an Adams Family, A Cyclone at the Airport, Then at 1915 he goes to Sportland and rides the go-karts. and finds a Bad cats. Its a fun trip down memory lane.

#29 5 years ago

I'm from Ellicottville, NY (holidayvalley.com) and work a lot in Erie. I remember hours at Millcreek Mall on a World Cup Soccer that would play all day on 50 cents, also Splash had three games a while back, probably gone now. There was a MM long long ago in a west side bar. We need more people to update the locator.

If you go through Buffalo be SURE to stop at Pocketeers! Best kept machines anywhere, new releases and lots of room.

#30 5 years ago

Watch these videos from Spida1a they really bring back nostalgia for these places. He Starts with a Diner at a Truck stop, then a Whirlwind @ about 730, a Taxi at 940, a Cactus Jacks, @ 1428 he goes to the Red Baron to play Rescue 911 and you can see a Twilight Zone there and an Adams Family, A Cyclone at the Airport, Then at 1915 he goes to Sportland and rides the go-karts. and finds a Bad cats. Its a fun trip down memory lane. ยป YouTube video

He made it in 1994. I got married that year. Its funny how arcades sound the same no matter where you go.

1 year later
#31 3 years ago

Hiya, if anyone is revisiting this old thread...

I've updated a few of the Erie-region pin listings and I am attempting to develop and maintain a NWPA pinball list (inc. Erie) on the travel app Foursquare (and Swarm, by extension), if anyone is interested. Suggestions and updates are welcome.

https://foursquare.com/zonic_boom/list/pinball-nw-pa

6 months later
#32 2 years ago

Hey! I'm going to be up in Erie for 10 days or so. Are there any new places to play? I prefer bar type settings, but I suppose a family fun center type place could do in a pinch. I really prefer a place that at least serves beer. Thanks in advance!

Also, if you played at Red Baron or Tilt in the 80s and 90s we almost certainly crossed paths at one point. Good times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside