2AF66152-0832-4339-870D-CD14CB44429E (resized).jpeg
The Dogfather (resized).png
FAEC0114-7F17-4AB4-BA0C-9529B8D86DB6 (resized).jpeg
Godfather Slot (resized).png
C5B2A667-4C52-41CE-9DB0-54AD594C3285 (resized).jpeg
Al_Pacino_%283%29 (resized).png
59F4E7CD-CAED-4A9B-91A7-7540304A85C0 (resized).jpeg
sonny (resized).jpg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Thought Jack said they only do family friendly title's.....I don't see how godfather falls into that category.......curious to see what they came up with....

"Don't worry darling, he's just taking a bath because he spilled marinara all over himself while eating spaghetti"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#52 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've got 3 movies to grab stuff from,

If recent history is any indication...
GF3.pngGF3.png

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

If recent history is any indication...
[quoted image]

Finally a game where you have to manage insulin levels

#54 1 year ago

Rumor is the pin is based off just the 3rd movie and will feature a 10” mini LCD.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Rumor is the pin is based off just the 3rd movie and will feature a 10” mini LCD.

Panzer Freak with the jokes!

I LIKE IT!!!

That is a pretty hilarious idea. "And we got Sofia Coppala's sister to do callouts!"

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Maybe you got the wrong Godfather ?
[quoted image]

Dream theme! (Not kidding)

#57 1 year ago
Screenshot_20230124_114226_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230124_114226_Chrome (resized).jpg
#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not trolling at all, totally serious, if history is any guide (Wonka) we already know what the translite is going to look like:
[quoted image]
There's clearly an established license market for movie properties like this. You pay in, you get the package of assets. Pinball, slot machine, it's all the same to them. Commercial gaming license, pay up, get the likeness.

Sadly, this is absolutely true. And a lot of it comes from the licensing expo that they have in Vegas where all the "new" properties for the year are bought and sold.

https://www.licensingexpo.com/en/home.html

Almost as sad a situation as the songs in commercials where there's obviously a database that advertisers search by keyword for songs to put in their commercials. If the words match, they put it in, regardless of the song's original intent or meaning. Case in point: Instacart's commercial where they use the song No Diggity. The line they obviously searched for was "bag it up"(as it happens at the exact moment the bag falls into the shopping cart animation), but what they don't realize is that the song is actually about a bunch of pimps who want to have sex with each other's hookers/strippers and the "bag it up" line refers to them having to wear condoms.

Both situations are great examples of the declining state of creativity in this country. Don't even get me started on all the hexagons I see everywhere in everybody's company logos and signs...

#59 1 year ago

Those that know the meaning of Go Diggity should appreciate Instacart's use more. Brilliant IMO

#60 1 year ago

Can the gameplay and rules be much better than GnR, at the very least? Theme doesn’t matter nearly as much as the those.

The game probably starts with you choosing one out of 30 characters that are in the entire trilogy.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Can the gameplay and rules be much better than GnR, at the very least? Theme doesn’t matter nearly as much as the those.
The game probably starts with you choosing one out of 30 characters that are in the entire trilogy.

If it was a more generic mafia game with a Godfather layer of paint, choosing which of the 5 families to play as could be a fun player choice. Could even offer 5 player play so everyone has a family

#62 1 year ago

I'm seeing a lot of people saying that theme doesn't matter, just as long as the shots are good and gameplay is solid.

At the end of the day, gameplay is all that matters and any decent coder can make any game phenomenal to play without the ball ache of licensing restrictions (see AFM, MM, FT... and hundreds of others).

If you prefer gameplay over theme, then let's drop the themes already.

Original IPs are much cheaper, have more creative ideas, are much more fun to play.. etc, etc.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I'm seeing a lot of people saying that theme doesn't matter, just as long as the shots are good and gameplay is solid.
At the end of the day, gameplay is all that matters and any decent coder can make any game phenomenal to play without the ball ache of licensing restrictions (see AFM, MM, FT... and hundreds of others).
Original IPs are much cheaper, have more creative ideas, are much more fun to play.. etc, etc.

Yeah but people don’t want to drop 10k plus on an unlicensed theme that they will maybe really like only after they’ve had it for a while and the newness wears off

Remakes are banking on the well deserved reputation of a handful of classics (lots of unlicensed games few want, few unlicensed games many want)

People open their wallets for themes that make them nostalgic for their childhood and/or they think it will resonate with their family.

Most people buying pins aren’t pinheads who’d be willing to try everything.

And while some licenses may be restrictive, look at a license like Godzilla and the fun they were able to have with that. It’s more of an issue of choosing a good licensor vs debating if original themes are “better”

(And that’s without getting into how licenses help provide a ton of content for the LCD screen and some nostalgic tunes that will lure people in)

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I play the heck and enjoy the heck outta my Baywatch and Big Hurt. Favorite game and proof that theme means jack and squat to me.

Unless it's Wizard of Oz or Toy Story 4. Those are too baby/girly for my tastes.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

It’s actually about Godfather Pizza

I hope it's a nod to when Chunk ate his weight at Godfather Pizza and we're getting Goonies.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I play the heck and enjoy the heck outta my Baywatch and Big Hurt. Favorite game and proof that theme means jack and squat to me.
Unless it's Wizard of Oz or Toy Story 4. Those are too baby/girly for my tastes.

I own a lot of games where the theme doesn't mean anything to me. I like playing a lot of games where the theme doesn't really appeal to me (Rush for example), and theres games that have my dream theme that I hate (ghostbusters). All that being said, I'm under no delusion that theme doesn't matter to me. Yeah, I'd buy a cheap big hurt, no big deal, but when I'm dropping 10k I expect (and hope) that its a theme that appeals to me. I'm not spending big money on a game unless it has both good gameplay and a theme that I at least like somewhat. If the best game ever was My Little Pony I don't think I'd be buying it.

#67 1 year ago

Why stop at just the Godfatther theme? let's go really big and integrate JAWS as well......we can have a lower playfield where the "Luca Brasi" hole takes you to 'sleep with the fishes........'

But really, how Epic would the Fredo and/or Luca Brasi drains be? I can think of dozens of great ways to integrate this theme. some kind of reward/risk where you can risk what you earned for a chance at double points.....and 'offer you cannot refuse'...

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Gotta be a codename for something else. This would be a very bad idea. If you want a theme with a strong Italian connection... just make the Rocky Legacy.

Maybe it's actually the Dogfather, a Snoop Dogg theme?

#69 1 year ago

Cannoli and Pasta multiball are going to be amazing. For Pasta multiball you need to collect the ingredients on the insert targets around the playfield. During the multiball you need to collect 10 meatballs to score a super jackpot.

#70 1 year ago

pssshhhh this came out ages ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

[quoted image]

Neat. Was this a Spanish manufacturing who built games with Gottlieb parts? Sorta like how Sonic used Williams parts?

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

I hope it's a nod to when Chunk ate his weight at Godfather Pizza and we're getting Goonies.

Instant sight unseen pre order for me

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Neat. Was this a Spanish manufacturing who built games with Gottlieb parts? Sorta like how Sonic used Williams parts?

That might have been Maresa? I'm not sure. Petaco / Recel certainly made games that copied Gottliebs in many ways, but not as directly as Maresa titles.
I actually just stumbled on that Godfather image today because I got the book Bola Extra: La historia del Pinball en España

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Instant sight unseen pre order for me

I’m waiting on this theme as well .I do know of a pinball manufacturer that is presently tossing the idea around at their meetings .We shall see

#75 1 year ago

IMO not the best theme for pinball and then Jack drops the mic and snags Godfather 3 for the license. Good luck Eric

#76 1 year ago

They need to bring LTG back to the family.

#77 1 year ago
Godfather.gifGodfather.gif
#78 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

[quoted image]

With as many toys as JJP puts in their games nowadays

1 month later
#79 1 year ago

This appears to be the OG Godfather JJP hype thread to me…

#80 1 year ago

Nobody’s talking about this yet?

19693E9A-9EDB-499F-A876-472DFA69CE50 (resized).jpeg19693E9A-9EDB-499F-A876-472DFA69CE50 (resized).jpeg
#81 1 year ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Nobody’s talking about this yet?

In a different thread.

LTG : )

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Yes, please NOW!!!

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Yes, please NOW!!!

Thank you for the kind words my friends !

The company has changed. I gave 12+ hours a day of tech support. 4 phones, across various forums. People stopping into my business for help. Or to see the jjp games. I'd even open them up, show off the game inside and out. Let them know where to buy them. And I'm not needed anymore.

I'll help on Godfather where I can. Not having the game will make it harder.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for the kind words my friends !
The company has changed. I gave 12+ hours a day of tech support. 4 phones, across various forums. People stopping into my business for help. Or to see the jjp games. I'd even open them up, show off the game inside and out. Let them know where to buy them. And I'm not needed anymore.
I'll help on Godfather where I can. Not having the game will make it harder.

I can’t for the life of me understand why you’re not more jaded toward JJP. Hell, I’m mad for you. If that had happened to me I’d have nothing to do with JJP or their games ever again. You’re a better man than me, Lloyd.

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I can’t for the life of me understand why you’re not more jaded toward JJP.

Because that would hurt the very essence of what I set out to do around 1996. Just try and make my little corner of pinball a little bit better.

Hell, I’m mad for you.

Please don't. That would effect you more than them.

You’re a better man than me, Lloyd.

I doubt that. Maybe just older or better at sorting out what really matters and what don't.

#88 1 year ago

Just goes to show you what a classy guy LTG truly is. That said...

JJP - For the love of pinball, hire LTG back!

Practically all this great guy does is help people across this site with YOUR games. Traverse any JJP game thread and you'll find LTG on almost every page helping people out, out of his kindness. As a good will ambassador alone, he's 2nd to none. He makes YOU look good.

As a gesture of good faith, you should take care of him, since he's (by default) helping you out. You not taking care of him makes you look bad.

He always puts himself out there to help others who've bought JJP pins. No matter the game, the issue, the problem or the question asked, there's LTG helping people out and making your life easier. Seriously, would it kill you to hire him back? Don't you think you owe it to the guy to do so? I love you guys, but my word, do the right thing JJP, and hire back LTG.

#89 1 year ago

Perhaps LTG's compensation demands were excessive

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

If this is true, I am really curious how they are going to inject any humor into it and get away with it based on the the licensee.
Is a ball in the pop bumpers going to show an animation of Sonny getting blasted at the causeway? Is there going to be a mode save the ball by not having Fredo talk about Johnny Ola to Michael?
The Godfather movies are really serious mob movies and don't much, if any, humor like Goodfellas and The Sopranos. Probably the funniest scene in the first two movies is when a young Vito has to remind the local land lord who he is to help an old lady not get kicked out.
I'm curious how they are going to pull it off.

Why does a pin have to be funny? Im not cracking up while playing Pirates, STTNG, Pinbot, and a ton of others.

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

JJP - For the love of pinball, hire LTG back!

Thank you for the kind words my friend.

We need to move past this. I have. It will never happen. And I'm still with the companies that love me. Planetary Pinball Supply and Chicago Gaming Company.

We need to be happy a new pinball machine is coming. And it's official, The Godfather.

And we need to be speculating what it will be like and what will all be in it before we find out Tuesday at noon EST.

There are so many possibilities. Will Eric have an adult mode selectable in there ? Will it have Appolonia blowing up with the car ? Luca Brasi holding a gun to a band leader's head ? Fredo wetting himself in Cuba then Michael lets him know he knows. Johnny Fontane singing ? Moe Green with the eye shot ? Parts from the deleted scenes ? Sonny getting all shot up when all the multiballs drain ?

Ramps, wireforms, great interactive toys ?

We have some real important things to think about before the reveal.

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I'm sorry. But that is damn funny. Thank you.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry. But that is damn funny. Thank you.

Not only do I want a godfather pin and hopefully will score a CE... but I just picked up PTC and thought of you.

Glad this announcement came too - EHOH ended up being a cash grab for the distributor - 12999 asking. If I'm paying $13k, might as well pony up another 2k for this.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Glad this announcement came too - EHOH ended up being a cash grab for the distributor - 12999 asking. If I'm paying $13k, might as well pony up another 2k for this.

Sure, except one game is proven to be winner and a crowd pleaser (EHOH) and one game (GF) is unproven from a company coming off 2 stinkers (GNR / TS)
and their very best game being dumbed down (POTC - remember the 3 center spinning disks in the original design) and production being cut short.

That being said:
I love the GF theme and hope JJP fixes things with this pin.

#95 1 year ago

Meatball multiball would be nice..

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Sure, except one game is proven to be winner and a crowd pleaser (EHOH) and one game (GF) is unproven from a company coming off 2 stinkers (GNR / TS)
and their very best game being dumbed down (POTC - remember the 3 center spinning disks in the original design) and production being cut short.
That being said:
I love the GF theme and hope JJP fixes things with this pin.

Third (or turd) times a charm?

#97 1 year ago

Watching this with interest!! Would be a great theme for me, but,so was the Beatles

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Lol. Considering that he answers everyone's questions for free anyway, I'm sure when it came to the salary demands, he wasn't asking that much.

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for the kind words my friend.
We need to move past this. I have. It will never happen. And I'm still with the companies that love me. Planetary Pinball Supply and Chicago Gaming Company.

YW my friend. I was just speaking some facts.

I'm glad you're with PP & CGC, and especially grateful for all the great tips and advice you always dispense here. You're always appreciated my friend.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Considering that he answers everyone's questions for free anyway, I'm sure when it came to the salary demands, he wasn't asking that much.

I refused a salary when jack hired me. He didn't need another expense and I don't do good with a boss.

I got the pinball machine. Which I needed for tech support anyway. That was it. I even installed and paid for my own internet phone for their tech support.

They spent more on toilet paper than on me.

Oh well. That was yesterday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
$ 11,999.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eric-meunier-s-godfather-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.