(Topic ID: 200665)

Eric Meunier needs a designer nickname!!

By thedarkknight77

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

emu (resized).jpg

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

So, I know I am not alone when I say that Eric Meunier has made a big impression on the community with his first game. This kid has it all, passion, intelligence and something to prove.........he was born and raised to design pinball machines! Let's face it, this hobby desperately needs new blood. Prices continue to rise, but yet the same old crap is being recycled by designers. Unfortunately it might take some new blood like Eric and a Scott Danesi to remind the top designers that we can drag them down just as fast as we lifted them up. Let's give this kid a title worthy of his potential.

My vote is for.........The King Slayer

#2 6 years ago

Eric The Bold

LTG : )

#4 6 years ago

FNG

#5 6 years ago

Eric Meunier

#6 6 years ago

Well hopefully for JJP's sake he becomes Eric "Money" Meunier.

#7 6 years ago

What is Pat Lawlor's nickname?

#8 6 years ago

Have to wait till he gets a few more games out to determine a meaningful nickname.

#9 6 years ago

Patty Lawless, from W.A.S.P.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

What is Pat Lawlor's nickname?

Thor God of Pinball

LTG : )

#11 6 years ago

After the PotC Reveal there is only one nickname for him: The Toy Master

#12 6 years ago

#13 6 years ago

You guys can call him whatever you want, I'll keep calling him brother.

#14 6 years ago

The man.

#15 6 years ago

E.M.P.
    Eric Meunier PinGod

(And just like a real EMP, his JJPOTC design burst into the scene and whipped out everything around it!)

#16 6 years ago

I vote this!

#17 6 years ago

I don't know..first thing that popped in my head was this thing...

emu (resized).jpgemu (resized).jpg

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Mad Rollin Champion!

#19 6 years ago

Eric the Stern LE Slayer

#20 6 years ago

"The Engineer"

#21 6 years ago

E-Muns

#22 6 years ago

The Kid

#23 6 years ago

this is the ONLY good on thus far.

A good nickname needs to be both accurate and descriptive of his strengths.

I was coming to post this and happy to see someone else thinks like me (I know... scary huh)

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I was coming to post this and happy to see someone else thinks like me (I know... scary huh)

Haha, well, I agree

I think it just makes sense. You can hear him speak and understand there's the engineering background there. It seemed to really influence his design.

#25 6 years ago

You guys keep this shit up, my head won't fit through my office door! Like someone posted above, I've got a ways to go before comparing to Lawlor or Richie, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Also, definitely not Emu. I got kicked by one of those feathered bastards when I was a kid and it laid me flat out. Another piece of my history- Grew up on a bird farm, because my father wanted some birds as pets. So, strong no on that nickname...

#26 6 years ago

The E Man, or simply E Man

#27 6 years ago

Master of the pinball universe?

#28 6 years ago

you mean the better looking bother

you wear glitter and girls tank much better though...

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought you would have liked Mad Rollin Champion....being your tournament.

#30 6 years ago

New Kid On The Block, NKOTB. Opps, acronym is already taken...

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I thought you would have liked Mad Rollin Champion....being your tournament.

not really my tournament. I think of it as the communities tournament.
    While he has dominated in MRP for the past few years, I think a pinball designer name needs to be representative of their design style (king of flow, dr flash, etc...)

On the topic, what are the nicknames for other designers?

#32 6 years ago

Just call him Benjamins after all the bucks he is making now

#33 6 years ago

King of wide body flow.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

On the topic, what are the nicknames for other designers?

Ritchie is the only one who comes to mind with "The King of Flow". It seems like everyone else just goes by their last names (i.e. Borg, Gomez, Nordman, Lawlor, Balcer).

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hogbog:

Also, definitely not Emu. I got kicked by one of those feathered bastards when I was a kid and it laid me flat out. Another piece of my history- Grew up on a bird farm, because my father wanted some birds as pets. So, strong no on that nickname...

but it was so fun to watch...

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

So, I know I am not alone when I say that Eric Meunier has made a big impression on the community with his first game. This kid has it all, passion, intelligence and something to prove.........he was born and raised to design pinball machines! Let's face it, this hobby desperately needs new blood. Prices continue to rise, but yet the same old crap is being recycled by designers. Unfortunately it might take some new blood like Eric and a Scott Danesi to remind the top designers that we can drag them down just as fast as we lifted them up. Let's give this kid a title worthy of his potential.
    My vote is for.........The King Slayer

Come back when he's outsold the King's lifetime total.......

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Come back when he's outsold the King's lifetime total.......

Downvotes are coming lol

Don't bag on a new designer, especially if the "King" you are referring to is the "King of Flow" aka Steve Ritchie, who has been in the industry for 30 years, compared to a new guy in Eric Meunier with his first design.

Lets put it this way, JJPOTC has had a LOT of direct comparisons with SWLE, and I think we all know who came out the winner.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Downvotes are coming lol
    Don't bag on a new designer, especially if the "King" you are referring to is the "King of Flow" aka Steve Ritchie, who has been in the industry for 30 years, compared to a new guy in Eric Meunier with his first design.
    Lets put it this way, JJPOTC has had a LOT of direct comparisons with SWLE, and I think we all know who came out the winner.

I'm not bagging the designer at all. I'm bagging the OP's ridiculous notion that the new designer's nickname be "King Slayer".

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm not bagging the designer at all. I'm bagging the OP's ridiculous notion that the new designer's nickname be "King Slayer".

sorry, but that dispute was settled long ago. We have not seen anything innovating or fresh in many game/years now. Hopefully a non-licensed theme will be what is needed to jump start some innovation.

In short, the king slayed himself and only he can resurect himself.

#41 6 years ago

but it was so fun to watch...

How about the KingPin of Design!

#42 6 years ago

I love SR as much as the next guy, but yeah...he's run fresh out of flow, and hopefully, with an unlicensed theme, he can get his mojo flow back.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

How about the KingPin of Design!

yeah... the other distributors would love that one.

#44 6 years ago

King of Flow is available. After SW, Steve is King of Spring.

#46 6 years ago

yeah... the other distributors would love that one.

yeah it wouldn’t be to popular with the others

#47 6 years ago

Pinbally McPinballface

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, but that dispute was settled long ago. We have not seen anything innovating or fresh in many game/years now. Hopefully a non-licensed theme will be what is needed to jump start some innovation.
    In short, the king slayed himself and only he can resurect himself.

Sorry, but it hasn't.

The King's been knocking them out of the park since his return to Stern in 2012.

#49 6 years ago

Dr. Flash is available...

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Sorry, but it hasn't.
    The King's been knocking them out of the park since his return to Stern in 2012.

Lyman has been the only one knocking them out of the park. The 'king' might have bunted his way onto 1st base, but Lyman gets the RBI

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eric-meunier-needs-a-designer-nickname and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.