Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bowtech
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211023_165639 (resized).jpg
    20211023_165633 (resized).jpg
    20211023_165628 (resized).jpg
    20211023_165617 (resized).jpg
    20211023_165612 (resized).jpg
    20211023_165607 (resized).jpg
    20211023_165600 (resized).jpg
    epilepsy (resized).png
    Resized_20211012_201906 (resized).jpeg
    20200226_114442 (resized).jpg
    Resized_20200223_144555 (resized).jpeg
    Resized_20200223_144617 (resized).jpeg
    20200223_090158 (resized).jpg
    20200222_120301 (resized).jpg
    20200222_120306 (resized).jpg
    20200222_120309 (resized).jpg

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

So I am working with a fellow Pinsider and friend to put together a charity event in the next couple of months at a local bar here in Michigan (Beek's) that is a Stern army location. My daughter is ten and has epilepsy and we are working to bring awareness and look for cures. What I am looking for is anyone with a lower price players machine that I may purchase and put in the silent auction for the Epilepsy Foundation. I would also be open to a donation machine that once the auction is over we could give you the proper tax forms for a write off. If anyone has anything or and questions let me know. I will not be keeping any of the money and it will all go to the national Epilepsy Foundation. I appreciate any and all help.
    20180310_164732 (resized).jpg20180310_164732 (resized).jpg

Edit: I did not even consider other pinball related items people might want to donate for the auction but anything is welcome. If you are close enough I can drive to pick them up or pay for the shipping if needed. My wife and I are working with the Epilepsy Foundation to secure the 501c forms for tax deductions for those that would like them.

#2 4 years ago

Jason, if you find a game, i can help with any repairs on it prior to the auction.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Jason, if you find a game, i can help with any repairs on it prior to the auction.

Thank you for the help!

#4 4 years ago

Ill keep my eyes open for games as well, and ill just text the rest, but ill help bump this up

#6 4 years ago

My Ex gf had Epilepsy very scary thing to have. Good luck with the foundation.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

My Ex gf had Epilepsy very scary thing to have. Good luck with the foundation.

Thanks. Probably the scariest thing I have encountered in my 45 years on this planet.

#9 4 years ago

Kalahari morning bump

#10 4 years ago

Sorry to hear this, but I feel obliged to let on that I developed Epilepsy at age 8. There was a minor head injury, and then evidently fireworks triggered it.
    I had many grand mal seizures over several years, but then after medication and treatment, the seizures became less frequent until finally I was diagnosed as cured.
    Anyways, just wanted to say that there is hope!
    Good luck.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from EdisonArcade:

Sorry to hear this, but I feel obliged to let on that I developed Epilepsy at age 8. There was a minor head injury, and then evidently fireworks triggered it.
    I had many grand mal seizures over several years, but then after medication and treatment, the seizures became less frequent until finally I was diagnosed as cured.
    Anyways, just wanted to say that there is hope!
    Good luck.

That is great to hear! We are hopeful that one day she will grow out of it, fingers crossed.

#12 4 years ago

I would be happy to donate a Slugfest I purchased from Todd Tuckey about three years ago. It works great. Video #998 on his You Tube channel.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

I would be happy to donate a Slugfest I purchased from Todd Tuckey about three years ago. It works great. Video #998 on his You Tube channel.

Awesome! PM sent

#14 4 years ago

Monday morning bumb

#15 4 years ago

Tuesday morning bump

#16 4 years ago

21 minutes after bowtech bump

#17 4 years ago

My ad is done so moving hot dog and toledo talk to this thread!

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

My ad is done so moving hot dog and toledo talk to this thread!

Love to keep the chatter going for a good cause.

#19 4 years ago

Free bumps for you, and we can keep talking about dumb stuff! Had rudys hot dogs tonight. Forgot how good they were!

#20 4 years ago

Meh, they will work in a pinch

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowtech:

Meh, they will work in a pinch

You crazy. It is greasy goodness!

#22 4 years ago

This makes two Ohio guys versus one Michigan guy..... a fair fight I would say!

#23 4 years ago

Ding Ding - let the beatings begin.

#24 4 years ago

I ain't saying Rudys I bad it's just the chili lacks the punch you get from the spice at ideal.

#25 4 years ago

Budman I'll have to bring you down a frozen quart of Ideals spicy chili for chili mac and dogs when I pick up the game you so graciously donated to a great cause.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowtech:

a donation machine

What about other pinball items to donate for the auction? Translite's, collectibles etc?

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowtech:

Budman I'll have to bring you down a frozen quart of Ideals spicy chili for chili mac and dogs when I pick up the game you so graciously donated to a great cause.

Love chili!

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

What about other pinball items to donate for the auction? Translite's, collectibles etc?

I would welcome and love any donations for the silent auction. That is something I didn't even think about. I guess i might need to modify my post.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowtech:

Ill take a quart too jason!!!

#30 4 years ago

I’ll trade you ...... beer for chili.

#31 4 years ago

So the build is going on now and hopefully will be finished in 10 months or so. Just going by what they said. Anyway, It’s in Lambertville off Summerfield rd. Looking forward to it but still trying to figure out how I’m going to move all my pins etc. Might rent a truck and just make multiple trips and take my time. Hopefully I will be able to connect with you guys soon. Having to make many trips into town these days to talk about the kitchen cabinets as well as other things.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

So the build is going on now and hopefully will be finished in 10 months or so. Just going by what they said. Anyway, It’s in Lambertville off Summerfield rd. Looking forward to it but still trying to figure out how I’m going to move all my pins etc. Might rent a truck and just make multiple trips and take my time. Hopefully I will be able to connect with you guys soon. Having to make many trips into town these days to talk about the kitchen cabinets as well as other things.

I have a huge basement with plenty of extra space at the moment if you need to store some pins, a few at a time until you move in. Folded up i can probably fit all of them no problem

#33 4 years ago

Im guessing youre moving summerfield up by consear? I remember seeing a house about to be built up that way

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

you will be right down the road from me

#35 4 years ago

so what happened to the hot dog, hookers, and 3 way talks that happen in Toledo?

I am in to go to this once it is all put together!!!

#36 4 years ago

The hot dogs hookers and 3 ways? Or the tournament?

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have a huge basement with plenty of extra space at the moment if you need to store some pins, a few at a time until you move in. Folded up i can probably fit all of them no problem

Good to know. Looking forward to the move but then not. Tons of stuff to do. I’m sure it will eventually get done. Just not as young as I used to be. Slinging these things around gets tiresome. Although the hot dogs (and hookers)are helpful

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Good to know. Looking forward to the move but then not. Tons of stuff to do. I’m sure it will eventually get done. Just not as young as I used to be. Slinging these things around gets tiresome. Although the hot dogs (and hookers)are helpful

Well let me know , youre welcome to the spce if you need it

#39 4 years ago

Appreciate that. Just starting to think about it at this point. Will keep you in the loop

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

It’s in Lambertville off Summerfield rd.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have a huge basement with plenty of extra space at the moment if you need to store some pins

First off Tom... welcome to Michigan brother! Second, and this is the most important... never... ever... ever... let an Ohio dude store your pins. They never come back to Michigan the same!

And I love Andrew... its not him or his fault. Its just shit rolls down hill and if you store down hill in Ohio... well, you get my point.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

First off Tom... welcome to Michigan brother! Second, and this is the most important... never... ever... ever... let an Ohio dude store your pins. They never come back to Michigan the same!
    And I love Andrew... its not him or his fault. Its just shit rolls down hill and if you store down hill in Ohio... well, you get my point.

Born and raised in the mitten, does that count for anything??!?!,!

#42 4 years ago

Ha ha - of course...

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowtech:

I would welcome and love any donations for the silent auction. That is something I didn't even think about. I guess i might need to modify my post.

I would... and will contribute. It’s another great way to generate funds for a great cause.

#44 4 years ago

I have spoken with the Michigan chapter of the Epilepsy Foundation and will be working with them. They sent emailed me forms that I can forward to anyone willing to donate that would like to get the tax credit.

#45 4 years ago

Any date for the auction and tournament? What about 50/50 raffle too?

#46 4 years ago

right now the date is going to be set for March 21st. there will definitely be some 50/50 raffles too.

#47 4 years ago

Weekend before or after would be better. Lol. Work schedule!

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

Soooooo true.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Weekend before or after would be better. Lol. Work schedule!

See if you can switch.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowtech:

See if you can switch.

Lol that doesnt work with my job. Your weekend to work is your weekend to work. And your weekend off is usually your weekend to work as well!

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/epilepsy-charity-pinball-tournament?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.