Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 127 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A6DCF445-6D52-4DCE-ADDB-246CD8731877 (resized).jpeg
    4CAA9A26-43FF-48BD-8B5B-0F03BEA48680 (resized).jpeg
    D760194E-C728-493F-B60A-8695368B9191 (resized).jpeg
    5B57B0DC-FE77-435C-A8CC-1EBAE2D3028E (resized).jpeg
    4dd84195e609db8900b6c0dcc2802ba606eadca2.jpeg (resized).jpg
    EF672228-4AA7-4FE9-913E-EC0BDF1185B8 (resized).png
    58FD3876-C12B-4218-BD28-E8530E1D3AEE (resized).png
    E6D6F745-B8A3-40D8-AF98-6B1FD53A6CD2 (resized).png
    darth.gif
    82B370B4-1250-445C-90FC-4F80CA6E73B8 (resized).png
    F7E02677-DBC1-4F59-A943-8C7C7958D22E (resized).png
    304A9F8D-DCBC-4950-B985-F8DD5D9BEF76 (resized).jpeg
    055E7AD2-A86F-4280-BEEF-C3C79BBBB415 (resized).jpeg
    92204371-A138-4E60-9750-E170C9A69A2E (resized).jpeg
    098170A0-8EF8-454E-8D1D-89F7F98D65EA (resized).jpeg
    8219C193-152F-465C-A434-2451ECAFFB80 (resized).jpeg
    There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 3 years ago

I saw this and I couldn't even.

Wonder what unique translite is on Tron Pros? 2 girl version maybe?

#102 3 years ago

I know I'm new to this community, but what seems to be the issue? Why would he just limit his audience to just people on this particular website? Don't get me wrong. Everyone that I've been in contact with on here has been more than helpful, but I see some bitterness from some coming out when someone makes it clear that they are selling their pins somewhere other than this site. If I were to sell a machine then I would explore more than one option. I bought my pin off Facebook. What is wrong with that? Nothing really. Had a great experience and a flawless transaction. I'm very pleased.

I think it all boils down to envy. What's it to you what he does with HIS machines? Are you his momma? Did you put up six figures in an investment that others think you shouldn't recoup on or make a profit? No? Then I don't believe it's anyone elses concern but his and the ladies or gentlemen that purchases from him.

My honest opinion.

Congrats on your epic find!

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from Menthelm:

I know I'm new to this community, but what seems to be the issue? Why would he just limit his audience to just people on this particular website? Don't get me wrong. Everyone that I've been in contact with on here has been more than helpful, but I see some bitterness from some coming out when someone makes it clear that they are selling their pins somewhere other than this site. If I were to sell a machine then I would explore more than one option. I bought my pin off Facebook. What is wrong with that? Nothing really. Had a great experience and a flawless transaction. I'm very pleased.
    I think it all boils down to envy. What's it to you what he does with HIS machines? Are you his momma? Did you put up six figures in an investment that others think you shouldn't recoup on or make a profit? No? Then I don't believe it's anyone elses concern but his and the ladies or gentlemen that purchases from him.
    My honest opinion.
    Congrats on your epic find!

it's a sour grapes thing from people who are anti-social media. except they're on Pinside, which is a form of social media.

also, they feel the pinside post only steers people to the facebook, thus avoiding the selling fees. which, I honestly can't argue with. it just doesn't get me as twisted as it does others.

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

it's a sour grapes thing from people who are anti-social media. except they're on Pinside, which is a form of social media.

I do believe you are correct sir.

#105 3 years ago

OK, let me clear a few things

A facebook post is easy to make and doesn't take much time. I still have over 1500 miles to get home, so making 28 pinside ads is not happening right now

I work hard to get machines out in the public. I go through fifty warehouses of shit before I find the one good one. And loads like these are not common

#106 3 years ago

I was wondering what kind of predicament could lead to this kind of bulk sale. It seems this guy was a collector and decided to also do some investing in his hobby. But guys like that would sell individually to maximize their investment. So maybe collector passed away suddenly?

The estate probably knows the approximate value but can't be bothered to sell individually, so they do a bulk sale. I can't help feel some sympathy that the collector didn't benefit from his astute investment: okay, he may have bought every LE blindly for a period, but I'm giving him credit for 4 Trons!

Fun to speculate: any other theories? Someone here must know this guy and the real story. He sounds kind of like one of us.

#107 3 years ago

Yes, it's a total win for the guy that sold all these at once without having to open any of the boxes and pocketing six figures in the meantime.

Who knows what he paid for the lot originally, but my guess is his speculation paid off.

Especially if he kept them in a low budget storage unit.

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

A facebook post is easy to make and doesn't take much time. I still have over 1500 miles to get home, so making 28 pinside ads is not happening right now
    I work hard to get machines out in the public. I go through fifty warehouses of shit before I find the one good one. And loads like these are not common

as far as I'm concerned, you don't owe anyone anything. I wouldn't even bother defending myself. You're doing your thing, it's your business to conduct how you see fit. and anyone who doesn't like it, can feel free to conduct they're own business in the fashion they prefer, or choose to buy one of your games from you under your terms. any whining or complaining is just that, whining and complaining. congrats and good luck!

#109 3 years ago

“Why is he on Facebook?! I want to bitch at him about his prices and why he isn’t setting all of these games up to share with his friends and family HERE!”

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:OK, let me clear a few things

I hope you make enough profit to make all that driving and time spent worthwhile.

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

as far as I'm concerned, you don't owe anyone anything. I wouldn't even bother defending myself. You're doing your thing, it's your business to conduct how you see fit. and anyone who doesn't like it, can feel free to conduct they're own business in the fashion they prefer, or choose to buy one of your games from you under your terms. any whining or complaining is just that, whining and complaining. congrats and good luck!

Exactly!!

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Fuck it, Troy. Just keep being you. Those of us that know you have no issue with what you do.

The way I see it, the ones that have issues with what you do are the ones that have no interest in what you have to sell.

And to those I say, fuck um.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Is there really that big of a premium on NIB?!

There are some people that simply want to have a new, freshly unboxed game. To them, it is worth paying a hefty premium for this privilege. I'd personally rather buy a nice HUO example for way less money, but to each their own.

#114 3 years ago

Congrats, man. What an awesome score.

#115 3 years ago

Forget the price paid, I’m just curious what the story was. Was this a distributor who wanted to liquidate a warehouse? A collector that died & family wanted to sell off the games? A private collector who realized they were a hoarder? A hoarder who needed cash due to family emergency/illness/Covid related financial losses?

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Is there really that big of a premium on NIB?!

To all the people who refuse to buy a HUO Tron while waiting on vaults, yes.

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Forget the price paid, I’m just curious what the story was.

Right. It seems like there has to be an interesting story here.

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I still have over 1500 miles to get home

Have a safe trip home Troy.

LTG : )

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Forget the price paid, I’m just curious what the story was. Was this a distributor who wanted to liquidate a warehouse? A collector that died & family wanted to sell off the games? A private collector who realized they were a hoarder? A hoarder who needed cash due to family emergency/illness/Covid related financial losses?

Love to hear the story as well and not all the stupid bickering about Facebook.

#120 3 years ago

Did anyone catch the prices on the ones that sold? Maybe in the same category as ST at 9.5, or could have been a little higher.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Over the years I have learned a few things in this hobby.

First off NEVER post what you bought regardless how great it feels to share. There will always be a handful of "haters" that will turn your good luck and hard work into something negative.

Second NEVER post your "recent score" - see above.

And Lastly and most important: never - never talk about what you just scored - it will turn into a shit-show!

When you get a great deal (or good deal) just quietly go about "business as normal". There are way too many people who feel like the guy doing the hard work and laying out a ton of money to make these deals happen somehow owes them something. I have been put through the same shit too many times. Now I just quietly buy and sell without all the drama.

To Original Poster - great score! Hope you make some money for all the hard work & risk involved!

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

First off NEVER post what you bought regardless how great it feels to share. There will always be a handful of "haters" that will turn your good luck and hard work into something negative.

I hate to agree with you because I like to see posts like the OP's, but you're right.

#123 3 years ago

Who cares if it turns into a shit show or not? Isn't that what pinside is all about?

A little harmless entertainment never hurt anybody.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Fuck it, Troy. Just keep being you. Those of us that know you have no issue with what you do.
    The way I see it, the ones that have issues with what you do are the ones that have no interest in what you have to sell.
    And to those I say, fuck um.

I get notifications about fucking and uncommon loads, so what’s up dudes?

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Who cares if it turns into a shit show or not? Isn't that what pinside is all about?

Try being on the "receiving end" of that shit-show after laying out a ton of cash and labor trying to get machines that have been sitting somewhere in storage into the hands of people who will do something with them for very little return and having 30% of the post made about you being hateful. I actually almost walked away from the hobby after I scored a great warehouse deal a few years ago just because of the shit-show that turned into. In the end for almost 8,000 miles of driving (moving a 10x40 storage unit full of machines plus a 10x 20 unit full of machines) I made enough to get 1/2 of my Addams Family machine free. Yet somehow I was taking advantage of people by not sharing?

Ever since I just quietly buy and sell when I have the chance to do either. Sharing is fun until it isn't worth it and so many people here on Pinside make it not worth it!

#126 3 years ago

Try being on the "receiving end" of that shit-show

I've been on the receiving end of this shit show since shortly after the day I joined up. I just assumed it came with the territory.

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've been on the receiving end of this shit show since shortly after the day I joined up. I just assumed it came with the territory.

It seems like that is what Pinside is all about most of the time. But after busting your ass & laying out enough money on a bulk deal (that you could have bought a house or a car for cash) sometimes you are just not in the mood for it to turn into something negative. For most people these bulk deals are more about getting machines that have been sitting it storage to people who will do something with them then they are about money. But somehow many people look at it as being something else?

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I get notifications about fucking and uncommon loads, so what’s up dudes?

I miss you, Jay. And Troy too.

#129 3 years ago

I guess I just see it as kinda one of those "lighten up francis" moments.

It's only pinball.

His reward for getting those machines should be a tidy profit. And money in hand tends to trump most everything else.

In a week or two when this thread is buried, he can count up all that cash and forget about any of the drama that occurred here. If it is indeed bothering him at all.

#130 3 years ago

Only post I want to see at this point is the story .

#131 3 years ago

When you get a great deal (or good deal) just quietly go about "business as normal". There are way too many people who feel like the guy doing the hard work and laying out a ton of money to make these deals happen somehow owes them something. I have been put through the same shit too many times. Now I just quietly buy and sell without all the drama.

Amen. It's funny how some people think what you paid for a game or "have in it" has anything to do with the current selling price. A $9500 game is a $9500 game whether you paid $1 for it or $10,000. Getting a good deal on a game doesn't mean you somehow owe the buyer anything. And likewise, if you got ripped off for the game or spent $$$ shipping or repairing something recently, the game is only worth what it is worth.

This was a great haul and seems to be a LOT of work and a HUGE outlay of money. I wish the OP well and basically the current market will determine what the games ultimately sell for. That said, I will throw in that I too hate Facebook and will never have an account or buy anything from their marketplace.

#132 3 years ago

OP,

Congrats!

I hope you made enough on this score to keep one of those machines free and clear on your own.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Man you would really love Facebook.

#134 3 years ago

Wowsers. In January someone here posted a nice haul of 8-10 games and I replied that it was "the find of the year, and it's only January". Apparently I was wrong.

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

smart...congrats on the find. I hope it brings you a healthy ROI as u deserve it

#136 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I too hate Facebook and will never have an account or buy anything from their marketplace.

This was me up until the past year when I realized how epic fb marketplace is.
    Just make up a bs name like Justin Urmom and start buying and selling today!

My score yesterday, 4 brand new pool filters for $100
    Retails @ $400

5B57B0DC-FE77-435C-A8CC-1EBAE2D3028E (resized).jpeg5B57B0DC-FE77-435C-A8CC-1EBAE2D3028E (resized).jpeg
    #137 3 years ago

Congrats on the haul Troy!

I've followed him in the pinball groups on Facecrook for a while, and always seems to have nice machines coming up for sale!

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man you would really love Facebook.

If I joined up for the good of the hobby, would you friend me there?

#139 3 years ago

Felt like I was on KLOV reading through this... Congrats definitely and Epic pickup!

#140 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If I joined up for the good of the hobby, would you friend me there?

Sure I’ll be friends with anybody I know. I kinda feel like I know you.

Can’t wait to get your unfiltered thoughts on everything!

#141 3 years ago

Happy for ya Troy...you'll finally have enough money for that penile enlargement you've always wanted!
    Maybe you and that new guy that posted his rich-bitch pool/lake/Lamborghini pics will have the same surgeon!

#142 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sure I’ll be friends with anybody I know. I kinda feel like I know you.

Can’t wait to get your unfiltered thoughts on everything!

A friend of mine unleashed his entire conspiracy theories and endless rants on FB, all the while telling me I needed to join up too. He got kicked off, sent to prison, and they froze his menial bank account.

Is that what I'm in store for too?

#143 3 years ago

I'd like Avatar LE but not at that price lol

#144 3 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I highly doubt he's going to have to reach out to anybody to move most of this stuff. If you're really interested, contact him.

I sent a pm. Not on Facebook,so I did not know pricing or he was still 1500 miles from home. Now I know asking price on the game I am interested in. Thanks,I will see how this shakes out.

#145 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

You don't owe anybody an explanation. You put the work in, found and made the deal happen, and it is your business. Have a safe trip home and grats on the haul!

I am jealous for sure on a couple of the games but can't wait to hear the story!

#146 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

A friend of mine unleashed his entire conspiracy theories and endless rants on FB, all the while telling me I needed to join up too. He got kicked off, sent to prison, and they froze his menial bank account.
    Is that what I'm in store for too?

While I can’t possibly underestimate your ability to get banned / modded I think you have to go really far for that kind of thing on Facebook. What is clear is that pinside is just too uptight for you, I think you’d have a lot more leeway on Facebook, plus you’d have even a bigger potential audience!

I really think you are wasting your talents here.

#147 3 years ago

Congratulations and safe travels.

#148 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I still have over 1500 miles to get home

Careful driving through protest cities full of looters who have blocked off the highway.

#149 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Happy for ya Troy...you'll finally have enough money for that penile enlargement you've always wanted!
    Maybe you and that new guy that posted his rich-bitch pool/lake/Lamborghini pics will have the same surgeon!

These penile enlargement surgeries....are they pretty expensive?

#150 3 years ago

Cool story/find for sure.

I dunno about $9500USD for a NIB Tron Pro though. To make it worthwhile you're looking at another $1500 or more for mods alone, and some of them are long out of production themselves, so good luck with that.

But yeah, of course they'll sell anyway.

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/epic-haul-today/page/3?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.