Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 127 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A6DCF445-6D52-4DCE-ADDB-246CD8731877 (resized).jpeg
    4CAA9A26-43FF-48BD-8B5B-0F03BEA48680 (resized).jpeg
    D760194E-C728-493F-B60A-8695368B9191 (resized).jpeg
    5B57B0DC-FE77-435C-A8CC-1EBAE2D3028E (resized).jpeg
    4dd84195e609db8900b6c0dcc2802ba606eadca2.jpeg (resized).jpg
    EF672228-4AA7-4FE9-913E-EC0BDF1185B8 (resized).png
    58FD3876-C12B-4218-BD28-E8530E1D3AEE (resized).png
    E6D6F745-B8A3-40D8-AF98-6B1FD53A6CD2 (resized).png
    darth.gif
    82B370B4-1250-445C-90FC-4F80CA6E73B8 (resized).png
    F7E02677-DBC1-4F59-A943-8C7C7958D22E (resized).png
    304A9F8D-DCBC-4950-B985-F8DD5D9BEF76 (resized).jpeg
    055E7AD2-A86F-4280-BEEF-C3C79BBBB415 (resized).jpeg
    92204371-A138-4E60-9750-E170C9A69A2E (resized).jpeg
    098170A0-8EF8-454E-8D1D-89F7F98D65EA (resized).jpeg
    8219C193-152F-465C-A434-2451ECAFFB80 (resized).jpeg
    There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 3 years ago

Just amazing...super congrats!!! Anxious to hear more of the stories...wont pm now as I can't imagine how many you already have, but will keep an eye out if you're selling some of these.

Great score!!!

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

US$10K each
    All the games are for sale on FB. Good luck to all!

Whats facebook?

Epic haul indeed.

I assume these will be listed on Pinside as well?

#53 3 years ago

Saw on Facebook earlier but can’t find it. Where on Facebook?

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Saw on Facebook earlier but can’t find it. Where on Facebook?

Pinball enthusiasts is one spot

82B370B4-1250-445C-90FC-4F80CA6E73B8 (resized).png82B370B4-1250-445C-90FC-4F80CA6E73B8 (resized).png
    #55 3 years ago

Interested in the Hobbit,P.M. ME please.

#56 3 years ago

For us that do not have facebook, what are the prices?

#57 3 years ago

Will carve some time today to look...( And told myself I wasn't buying any more machines prior to this )

#58 3 years ago

Following...

#59 3 years ago

Who buys all those nib pins and just leaves them in the box? Crazy.

#60 3 years ago

Wow! You hit the jackpot with that find. Congratulations!

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Interested in the Hobbit,P.M. ME please.

I highly doubt he's going to have to reach out to anybody to move most of this stuff. If you're really interested, contact him.

#62 3 years ago

Nice haul, Troy!

#64 3 years ago

Sales are going fast.

#65 3 years ago

This is a greedy ass hobby, and fuck FB!!

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

E6D6F745-B8A3-40D8-AF98-6B1FD53A6CD2 (resized).pngE6D6F745-B8A3-40D8-AF98-6B1FD53A6CD2 (resized).png58FD3876-C12B-4218-BD28-E8530E1D3AEE (resized).png58FD3876-C12B-4218-BD28-E8530E1D3AEE (resized).pngEF672228-4AA7-4FE9-913E-EC0BDF1185B8 (resized).pngEF672228-4AA7-4FE9-913E-EC0BDF1185B8 (resized).png
    #67 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I agree to a certain degree here. Epic hauls I like to read about are ones where the person wants the games and enjoys them. This just seems like a flip, no?

(Maybe the "more details" will show games he got in this lot that he really wanted?)

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It seems like every other hobby I've ever been involved with to tell the truth. All those other hobbies involved stuff that people wanted, and there wasn't enough of that stuff to go around, so all of us in those hobbies competed for said "stuff", and prices escalated as did the inevitable hard feelings from competition. Maybe I just choose the wrong hobbies. That probably has something to do with it, LOL.

#69 3 years ago

If this thread doesn't tell Stern that they need to vault Tron, nothing will.

#70 3 years ago

Did anyone see what the TWDLE was listed for before it sold?

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

It was well into six figures

Seller was lucky to be able to dump them all in one shot. I'm sure that big wad of cash feels good in his pocket.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

For those of you who aren’t on Facebook get on Facebook and stop asking us to check Facebook for you all the time.

#73 3 years ago

So this guy dangles all these games here to make people drool, then puts them up for sale elsewhere?

Classy move.

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So this guy dangles all these games here to make people drool, then puts them up for sale elsewhere?
    Classy move.

Yeah when I think pinside I think “class.”

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah when I think pinside I think “class.”

Yes, and Facebook has so much class that I never have and never will join.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

I agree to a certain degree here. Epic hauls I like to read about are ones where the person wants the games and enjoys them. This just seems like a flip, no?
    (Maybe the "more details" will show games he got in this lot that he really wanted?)

Epic haul means epic haul. It’s clearly an epic haul. Not sure what you expect the guy to do with 4 Trons, obviously he’s going to either hoard them or resell them. Whatever he does wouldn’t be good enough for the pinluminatti here.

The guy is a pro. He buys and sells games either as a living or as a side job (anybody who is on Facebook knows this). Either way he’s working for his money. There’s a reason guys like him find these epic hauls and you don’t, and it’s not just dumb luck.

If you are interested in buying one of those games or just telling him that you don’t think he’s enjoying his epic haul properly send him a PM. You don’t have to be on Facebook.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes, and Facebook has so much class that I never have and never will join.

Ouch that really hurts man.

I’m actually kind of surprised you feel that way, your entire act SCREAMS Facebook. You are basically doing Facebook here, except you get modded and banned all the time. You’d probably be happier on Facebook.

#78 3 years ago

If anyone was interested in a title they would have PMed him. It was pretty clear what he had. I always list my pins several places when I sell them. Why not start with the local and free one? The fact that these games will (hopefully) be going from stored in boxes to open and in circulation is great. Good luck with the sales.

#79 3 years ago

I know someone that would want that walking dead le if you needed help selling it

#80 3 years ago

Was initially excited about this thread, and very curious to read details. Very jealous and vicariously happy for the OP.

Then I saw the emphasis on Facebook, the thread bickering and the pricing of the games.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m actually kind of surprised you feel that way, your entire act SCREAMS Facebook. You are basically doing Facebook here, except you get modded and banned all the time. You’d probably be happier on Facebook.

At least here, we are such a small website, I really don't have to consider what they are doing with my personal information, of which very little is required. Or if the site gets hacked, which seems to happen on Facebook often.

Plus, what's the point of looking up girlfriends from the past, when they are now old ladies.

And did I mention, Zuckerberg's a clown.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I know someone that would want that walking dead le if you needed help selling it

That sucker was gone like a fart in the wind lol!

#83 3 years ago

Truth is, with some of the prices he's asking, he belongs with Zuckerberg.

#84 3 years ago

Pinluminatti!! I love it Levi!

#86 3 years ago

What's wrong with the prices? Ya they are high, but looks like that's not a problem. I hope he sells every one he has. Takes a lot of courage and money to drop that much cash on an investment in toys. Good luck to ya seller!!

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

He's listed games for sale on Pinside in the past. He probably got over run with interest and hasn't had time to post any here in the market place.

And he gave us a peek. Send him a PM.

LTG : )

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

Epic hauls I like to read about are ones where the person wants the games and enjoys them. This just seems like a flip, no?

No one keeps every game from an epic haul. Troy is just selling more than usual.

Bottom line, tons (literally!) of new games were just added to the hobby. These amusement devices weren't amusing anyone in storage. Thanks Troy!

Also on the plus side, four fewer people begging for Tron vaults in every thread.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

At least here, we are such a small website, I really don't have to consider what they are doing with my personal information, of which very little is required. Or if the site gets hacked, which seems to happen on Facebook often.
    Plus, what's the point of looking up girlfriends from the past, when they are now old ladies.
    And did I mention, Zuckerberg's a clown.

are you a wealthy oil tycoon with an easy to figure out bank PIN? otherwise, who cares what they do with you personal info? so, you'll get demographically targeted pet product ads, told about great wedding anniversary gift ideas, and more stuff pinball related, big whoop! who wouldn't want that, anyway? levi's right, by not doing your thing on Facebook, your just cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'm not at all involved with FB as a company, but you're clearly in denial of your wants and needs.

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And he gave us a peek. Send him a PM.

I looked over his list again, and I already have a Judge Dredd, so he really has nothing else I want.

And who's to say these were kept in a climate controlled environment. Some of those boxes look a little weathered.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And who's to say these were kept in a climate controlled environment. Some of those boxes look a little weathered.

Troy is a reputable seller. He'd consider problems going in. I doubt he'd have bought them if there was any chance of problems like that. Or problems he'd have to make good on after a sale.

#92 3 years ago

I remember when somebody finally bought the NIB Popeye that Marco had on it's site for years. Corrosion city.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I remember when somebody finally bought the NIB Popeye that Marco had on it's site for years. Corrosion city.

Wow so they had to buy a new $250 CPU board?

Probably just threw the whole game in the dumpster.

Are you really going with the “these NIB games May have battery damage!!!” Angle??

That’s pretty trite for a free thinker like you man!

It’s the kind of comment you’d expect to see on Facebook

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow so they had to buy a new $250 CPU board?

No, every bit of metal on the game. Sorry, I can't please you with every post.

#95 3 years ago

*Waits for Tron VE lit ramps premium with LCD or Tron 82' Remake SLE*

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No, every bit of metal on the game. Sorry, I can't please you with every post.

Yeah you are probably right those 4 trons are probably all completely rusted. Maybe we can read about it on Facebook.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah you are probably right those 4 trons are probably all completely rusted.

Yeah, and this Transformers box probably looked like this when it left Stern.

4dd84195e609db8900b6c0dcc2802ba606eadca2.jpeg (resized).jpg4dd84195e609db8900b6c0dcc2802ba606eadca2.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #98 3 years ago

Odin’s on the case!

Somebody lend him your Facebook login so he can warn the masses!

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ouch that really hurts man.

Them is fightin words

#100 3 years ago

This was obviously a good deal, but not seller-didnt-know-what-he-had good. I was doing the mental calculations on what those might sell for individually. The machines that already sold are the ones you would expect would go for a decent premium. But I was surprised when I saw some of the other asking prices: the only NIB I was accurate on with my musing was IM.

9.5 Tron Pro? 9.3 Avatar? 8.5 Transformers? It looks like some of these could be up to a -3K hit on opening the box. Is there really that big of a premium on NIB?!

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/epic-haul-today/page/2?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.