• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (8).jpeg
image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fluffybunny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hello everyone,
I had a thread last week or so that I was having problems with a coil replacement, turns out I put the EOS switch on backwards and blew the coil. I got the new coil replaced this week and I am ajusting the EOS switch. The flipper at first did not flip at all, so I ajusted it a bit and it moves very slowly, I have gotten it just playing with it to move sort of quick when you flip it, but then it bounces at the top when holding the flipper, it also does not flip as strong as it should.

Here are some pictures of the EOS switches, closed and open, and yes I know my solder job is not the cleanest, could that be causing my problem too? I am going to Texas pinball festival so I would really like to get this fixed before then, I also have the other flipper to rebuild too. I didn't want to start on it until I have this one fixed.

image.jpegimage.jpeg
image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

Thanks for your help.

#3 10 years ago

this is off of a street fighter 2.

#4 10 years ago

I have a friend with more expreince soldering that is going to come by and help, I can solder 2 wires togeather but dealing with those lugs, and then the old solder on the wires is new to me. I would prefer not to cut the wire and strip it because everything seems to be kinda tight so I like having the extra room but if that is needed I will.

#7 10 years ago

I redid the solder job here is what I've got. it also has a little better picture of the rest of the wiring. I cut off the ends that were bad like was recommended and wrapped them around the lugs. The other flipper does work and the wiring matches except for one thing, The left lug on the left lug has 2 wires, the left lug on the right flipper, it was the way it was wired up and I took pictures before I took anything apart. I am still at a loss. it flipps just really weak. The EOS switch also never gets a "bolt" when it opens.

image (8).jpegimage (8).jpeg

I also recorded a video of what I am seeing both above and below the playfield.

#9 10 years ago

It moves freely and I have replaced the sleeve. I removed everything from the machine to do a flipper rebuild, everything moves freely by hand, just slow when moving it when pressing the flipper button.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

The EOS won't get a big spark ("bolt" I assume you mean spark) because of the big yellow capacitors. That's ok.
Measure your flipper power with a DMM and report the voltage.
Check the flipper sensor board?
That's about all I can suggest on this one, I really don't have any experience with this series of Gottliebs, hopefully someone else can chime in.

Yes I mean spark, brain fart lol. It was sparking earler when it was chattering as you called it, and it was a much stronger "flip"

can you tell me how to test the flipper power with my DMM? I am nurvous about sticking my voltmeter near those lugs when everything is on. I have tested the ohms with it off and it gets 3.9 OHMs which I understand is normal.

Thanks for your help I appreciate it, I hope that I can get it figured out.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I watched your video. Before you flip, are the two points making firm contact? If those points aren't touching firmly the coil will not be energized...assuming you have 43v there to begin with. The EOS switch is designed to cut the 43v after the initial flip, so that you don't burn the coil... But if it is not getting "charged" initially you won't get the initial high power flip.

took your advice and adjusted the EOS just a bit, and now I am back to chattering rather than just a slow flip, so that is a slight improvement. I saw this "bad hold winding " earlier and also in another thread when I did a search for flipper chattering but I have no idea what a hold winding is, what is it?

#14 10 years ago

Ok so now after testing it for a bit, and looking when I had the playfield lifted the flipper worked normally, then lowered it seemed to work normally for a bit, chatter for a bit, then work again, then I held the flipper up for a second to catch the ball, and now it is sticking in the up position. I am basically seeing every flipper problem in one flipper..Anyone know of a tech in central arkansas? I'm at the point now just to pay someone to fix it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fluffybunny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eos-switch-problem?tu=fluffybunny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.