Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Genieye
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Genieye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Thanks to many of you I finally have my Genie playing right. It was quite the battle. It seems many do everything they can to get more pop out of your flippers but in my case I am wondering if my left flipper has too much as the ball pops off the lower drop targets so hard it seems like it is only a matter of time before the glass shatters.

I have searched and it seems to be a rare occurrence but man that ball smacks the glass hard. Should I leave things alone and not worry about glass break or is is this a real concern where I should adjust the switch. If so, are there any tips on how to find the right balance of power? Thanks appreciate all who help me here.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Hi buddy!! In many cases when this happens try adjusting the game.Higher up the back legs that way the game will level a bit higher from the back.

Hi Mike! I FINALLY thanks to you and others got the Genie up and playing without Tilts, Game Overs, or shorts knock on wood or anything else that might help. So making it higher in the back I guess gives the ball more downward force making it harder to drive the ball upward. Man I have it pretty steep already. Is there a standard for how high the table slant should for these games or is it pretty much game dependent?

If as stated here I don't have to really worry about the glass breaking then I can live with the smacking it makes but it is pretty scary as it happens a lot during the game. Thanks buddy and hope life is good!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I did my best to keep the ball from hitting the glass off of the drop targets on Mystic. Tried several things, including raising the back legs up as far as they would go (3" leg levelers).
Then I got some good info from Eric at Titan. Balls hit the glass all the time in machines from our era. More recent machines have a higher glass / lower play field.
The Bottom Line: Its a feature, not a bug. I'm told the glass won't break.

Thanks to all who helped. I called Marco as someone else told to make sure I have Gottlieb flipper rubber not Bally but think the rubber is fine. They also told me that on the early SS games the recommended slope is 3.5. I am not sure how that stacks up with what most are doing? I downloaded an app for a Clinometer to see what that looks like. Do you think that sounds about right?? I will look to find the person with the other Genie problem as I am certainly interested.

#13 4 years ago

I am so glad I asked this question as the slope was definitely not enough and contributed to the ball slamming against the glass. I increase the incline to 6.5 and the game is so much more fun to play this way. The ball still pops the glass but not to a scary degree and it is not so hard on the drop targets. I got her where I want her thanks to all of you here.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

The best thing about all this was
1.It was a learning adventure
2.Best of all YOU NEVER GAVE UP!
Congrats Buddy

Thanks Mike, Yeah that's me, Man on a relentless mission I just cannot sleep well when there are things not right. One one hand it can drive you nuts but on the positive side you get stuff done, hopefully. Thanks again for all my friend!

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Your very welcome my friend!! Remember when we first met I was telling you to keep it all in one thread?? Haha!!! Looking at your other thread 188 posts!!! Hahaha!! That thread is one for the pinside books.. Ha!

Too Funny Mike! Yeah man we go back and have come along way since that first post about keeping it on one page. Pinside is such a valuable resource and that 188 page thread has enough info in it to fix many of the Gottlieb Sys 1 problems and hopefully will help others searching for answers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Wheezer
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Genieye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eos-switch-adjustment-to-lessen-ball-force?tu=Genieye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.