(Topic ID: 89988)

Many games in my collection for sale (TAF, IJ, AFM, Xenon, and Silverball Mania)

By awarner

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 147 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinball_faz
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

whiner.jpg
als-ark.jpg
money eyes.png

There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

PM sent.

#102 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone that inquired. I have decided to keep a few games and sell the rest individually. I really appreciate the advice and suggestions and all of the good words that people have given me. I plan to fade out of the scene though. The fun of this hobby is "the Hunt" for me. I am no longer hunting. If there are any games in my collection that you are interested in, feel free to inquire. I'm not in a hurry to sell and I'll have to hold my ground on some of the prices.

Again, this is an amazing community and I wish you all your collecting dreams!

-Al Warner-

#103 5 years ago

Al- sorry to see such a respected member of the hobby packing it in. -Taylor

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

The fun of this hobby is "the Hunt" for me. I am no longer hunting

interesting...I thought It was playing them...doh

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

interesting...I thought It was playing them...doh

As a collection, there's always something I wanted to add, or something I want use to mod them, or whatever. I also enjoyed fixing them and making them look and play like new. I ended up with some real nice games, but I never feel like the collection is done. There's always another game out there to acquire. It has to stop for me. I like playing them, but I was happier when there was a machine in the workshop. Weird, right? I know others who feel this way. Playing is fun as well, but I felt like after a game was finished, it was a bit of a letdown.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

As a collection, there's always something I wanted to add, or something I want use to mod them, or whatever. I also enjoyed fixing them and making them look and play like new. I ended up with some real nice games, but I never feel like the collection is done. There's always another game out there to acquire. It has to stop for me. I like playing them, but I was happier when there was a machine in the workshop. Weird, right? I know others who feel this way. Playing is fun as well, but I felt like after a game was finished, it was a bit of a letdown.

I do feel this way too as we talked about Saturday. I've always loved fixing things. As of now about 1 of 3 things I fix up I want to keep. That is fine for me as I am slowly getting my 'keeper' machines. Going to PM you about a couple items.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Thanks to everyone that inquired. I have decided to keep a few games and sell the rest individually. I really appreciate the advice and suggestions and all of the good words that people have given me. I plan to fade out of the scene though. The fun of this hobby is "the Hunt" for me. I am no longer hunting. If there are any games in my collection that you are interested in, feel free to inquire. I'm not in a hurry to sell and I'll have to hold my ground on some of the prices.
Again, this is an amazing community and I wish you all your collecting dreams!
-Al Warner-

Hey, I just appreciate you can at least listen to some comments, agreeing with them or not, about selling your games. Most folks freak out if you talk about their price. Well played

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I feel the same way at times. I always seem to have at least one game with the "hood up" and I'm adding, repairing, cleaning or doing something to it. Something seems to be "missing" if all the playfield glasses are intact and in place. The 'hunt' is part of the fun, as is the headache and aggravation of taking something apart, dropping the #$#*#& screws, nuts and bolts and hunting for them and sourcing parts to fix stuff.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Yep, same here. An insatiable thirst for more.

The hobby was fun and manageable when I had a small collection and small to-do list. There's just too much of a good thing now, and it's not the same. I still love each and every pin I have, and remember each person I brought them from ... real fun stories to recollect. Scaling down is inevitable for me. When it happens, and which pins go first is yet to be decided.

All the best to you. You're doing the right thing.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I ended up with some real nice games, but I never feel like the collection is done. There's always another game out there to acquire. It has to stop for me. I like playing them, but I was happier when there was a machine in the workshop. Weird, right? I know others who feel this way. Playing is fun as well, but I felt like after a game was finished, it was a bit of a letdown.

Nothing weird about that at all. I've felt that way before too (fixing/repairing is enjoyable).

Best wishes to you.

#112 5 years ago

Without guys like Al Warner, guys like me wouldn't have any nice games! I'm one of the lazy bums who hates working on pins but loves playing them.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Honestly, posting a list would generate a TON of negative posts, so it's a PM thing for the people that could afford it.

This indicates that it must be crap for too much money. Otherwise it won't generate negative posts (like this one). Super annoying way to deal with someone.

#114 5 years ago

Al,
PM sent.

Best of luck in what you choose to do.

Pin - K

Kim
http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This indicates that it must be crap for too much money. Otherwise it won't generate negative posts (like this one). Super annoying way to deal with someone.

One thing for sure, Al's games are NOT crap. everything is super nice at his place, anyone who has been there can attest to this.

#116 5 years ago

Put 'em out at auction and see what they bring. If you're serious about getting out of it, why would you spend a couple of years selling them? A well advertised high end collection should bring good money in any metro area. For Pete's sake, you're in North Atlanta suburbs. Don't tell me there's not an active market there.

It sounds to me like you are looking for top dollar on machines that you put more money and time into than they warrant. I have no doubt your machines are mint, but that doesn't make them make bank. If you were serious about selling, they'd all have prices and NAVL would be coming to your house every day for the next 2 weeks. As it is, good luck Muskie Hunting.

#117 5 years ago

I just can't get over how presumptuous this comment is. Believe me when I tell you that many who can "afford" your games aren't going to play along. You would have found much greater sales success with a little thicker skin regarding negative posts and a little better communication of what you are trying to sell to the potential buyers out here.

Quoted from awarner:

Honestly, posting a list would generate a TON of negative posts, so it's a PM thing for the people that could afford it.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I just can't get over how presumptuous this comment is. Believe me when I tell you that many who can "afford" your games aren't going to play along. You would have found much greater sales success with a little thicker skin regarding negative posts and a little better communication of what you are trying to sell to the potential buyers out here.

I understand completely why he did what he did. I know people that are interested. I asked Al for the list, and he sent it to me. It was easy as an e-mail.

If you are interested, PM him, and he will get you the information. This was NOT an easy decision for Al, I am certain of that. He recently lost someone close to him and has apparently change his priorities. He is entitled to do that in whatever way he sees fit, and I respect him and his decision.

He is a long time contributer to pinball. It may have come off as harsh, but I think honestly anyone who is or was interested sent him a PM or e-mail.

Chris

#119 5 years ago

Sorry to hear this Al! Are you sure I can't cherry-pick your ZK??? Do I still have the high score?

Al is the best of the best when it comes to the arcade hobby!

#120 5 years ago

SadSack - I'm sure it's attitudes like yours that contributed to my friend Al's leaving the hobby, so do us all a favor...

Al is a class act, has contributed so much to this hobby, for nearly 20 years. You likely would not have this hobby if not for stalwart collectors/contributors like Al. So, show some respect.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

SadSack - I'm sure it's attitudes like yours that contributed to my friend Al's leaving the hobby, so do us all a favor...

This is a rather ridiculous statement. I'm also sorry a stalwart is leaving the hobby. Was curious as to why and Al has basically explained it, which is refreshing. Very sad if Al lost a friend. But really, at the end if the day, this is ultimately a "Pinballs for Sale" situation. The psychodrama and subtext of this thread is really unnecessary. This is a public forum. No one is immune to comments when starting a thread. I'm certain Al will do very well with his sale, regardless of the circumstances. At the end of the day, does anyone really care, besides Al?

Best of luck Al in your new direction.

#122 5 years ago

TFA - Actually, its not a ridiculous statement. By saying that, you are merely using hyperbole and are really just adding to the "psychodrama." Just leave it alone, but I reiterate that people should be respectful to Al who has contributed so much.

Yes, the Atlanta pinball community cares about Al and his sale because we would like to see him happy and do well.

GLWS....

#123 5 years ago

If Al is leaving the hobby because of someone else's attitude....well then it's probably time he left then. No disrespect intended. But why not let Al speak for himself if that's the case? You're stirring the pot as well. Specifically calling out Sad Sack...and for what? For commenting on the fact that Al commented that listing the price of his games will draw criticism? Again, why should Al care what other people think on a public forum where his intent is to SELL his games?

Much ado about NOTHING.

If you want to memorialize Al in a "goodbye hobby" thread that's one thing....but this is a for sale thread.

#124 5 years ago

This classic old school pinball circles vs new. Just different ways of interacting and doing business . Nothing wrong with it.

#125 5 years ago

Hey Everyone,

The reason I'm leaving is personal. I don't need to make it public because it's not. I've tried to progress pinball over the years and I've stood up to some of the biggest idiots ever during my collecting time. I just remember that those people are individuals and the group as a whole is not responsible for them. Unfortunately, the matter that drove me to this decision affects other parts of the hobby for me and would prevent me from doing some things I had planned. I looked at what that meant and decided that a new direction was in order. If I'm lucky I'll be walking above the earth for maybe 20 years more. My wife wants a smaller house and to do some travel. Arcade games don't play into that all that well.

So I have to sell the collection and move on. It doesn't mean I won't miss it and I plan to give up the friends I've made. It just means that I'll have a couple of games and I won't be active in the community anymore.

Don't read anything into it, I'm just selling the games and moving on. I was trying to avoid drama, not create it.

If anyone is in the Atlanta area, I'm having a party this Saturday; a final arcade party. PM me for information.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Sorry to hear this Al! Are you sure I can't cherry-pick your ZK??? Do I still have the high score?
Al is the best of the best when it comes to the arcade hobby!

Thanks and unfortunately, ZK left years ago. It was Christmas, I was broke...

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If Al is leaving the hobby because of someone else's attitude....well then it's probably time he left then. No disrespect intended. But why not let Al speak for himself if that's the case? You're stirring the pot as well. Specifically calling out Sad Sack...and for what? For commenting on the fact that Al commented that listing the price of his games will draw criticism? Again, why should Al care what other people think on a public forum where his intent is to SELL his games?
Much ado about NOTHING.
If you want to memorialize Al in a "goodbye hobby" thread that's one thing....but this is a for sale thread.

Good, good.....let the hate flow through you.

#128 5 years ago

Al is a known quantity and well respected not only in Atlanta, but around the pinball and arcade community.

Having known Al for most of my pinball collecting days, it's sad to see people trying to give him a hard time on how he'd like to exit the hobby.

I'm sad that Al exiting the hobby may also mean the end of the Pins and Vids DVD series that we did together too.

I'd much rather he stay a big part of the hobby, but understand and fully support him if leaving is what he needs to do to fullfill other life goals.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Don't read anything into it, I'm just selling the games and moving on. I was trying to avoid drama, not create it.

On Pinside/RGP? LOL.....man.....you know better than that.

That said, the amount of douchebaggery on this thread, and others recently on Pinside has me wondering how much effort I want to expend here any more. I know it comes and goes in waves, but man, the last two weeks are just like The Day After Tomorrow of BS. I'm glad my league is starting up this weekend, it'll be nice to be spending more time with local people and less time with Kung-Fu-Clickers. Yeesh.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

it'll be nice to be spending more time with local people and less time with Kung-Fu-Clickers. Yeesh.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

On Pinside/RGP? LOL.....man.....you know better than that.
That said, the amount of douchebaggery on this thread, and others recently on Pinside has me wondering how much effort I want to expend here any more. I know it comes and goes in waves, but man, the last two weeks are just like The Day After Tomorrow of BS. I'm glad my league is starting up this weekend, it'll be nice to be spending more time with local people and less time with Kung-Fu-Clickers. Yeesh.

To be fair you did start that massive thread about some "NSFW" items on the PBL website. That was just asking for drama

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

To be fair you did start that massive thread about some "NSFW" items on the PBL website. That was just asking for drama

I never said I didn't expect it, or that I was trying to avoid it. To be fair. It served it's purpose. It got Terry's attention, he made his decision, and you'll note that I haven't posted anything on there since I had nothing further to say about it.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I never said I didn't expect it, or that I was trying to avoid it. To be fair. It served it's purpose. It got Terry's attention, he made his decision, and you'll note that I haven't posted anything on there since I had nothing further to say about it.

Nor did I say you were. Just saying, you complained about drama above, but create posts to start the drama lol

#134 5 years ago

You guys need a hobby

Have you tried pinball or drinking?

#135 5 years ago

Frax between your comments here and your other thread complaining about some plastic dolls I think you should give it a break. People are getting tired of your opinion constantly being shoved in their face on every single thread.

By the way Frax...this is the home page:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=home

So do the entire country and the rest of us a favor and work when you go to work and spend more time with your kids rather than worry about what they might see on a website.

I'm quite positive there is a lot worse out there to look at than a few naked dolls.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

If anyone is in the Atlanta area, I'm having a party this Saturday; a final arcade party. PM me for information.

Dammit Al! This is my weekend to work.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Frax between your comments here and your other thread complaining about some plastic dolls I think you should give it a break. People are getting tired of your opinion constantly being shoved in their face on every single thread.
By the way Frax...this is the home page:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=home
So do the entire country and the rest of us a favor and work when you go to work and spend more time with your kids rather than worry about what they might see on a website.
I'm quite positive there is a lot worse out there to look at than a few naked dolls.

Then put me on ignore, you dolt. =P

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Dammit Al! This is my weekend to work.

The party is from 5pm to ??? - If you can make it after work, come on out!

#139 5 years ago

Thanks Everyone for the support. Also thanks to the Pinsiders that showed up for the party! Wow - We saved the best for last for sure!

I've sent PMs to everyone who requested my "Individual game pricing". If I missed you, please send me a note and I'll send it on.

Thanks Again Everyone,

-Al-

#140 5 years ago

I have added my remaining pins to the Marketplace. I have also added two additional pins that a friend who bought one of my games would like to sell. PM me for details on anything I have posted.

Thanks,

-Al-

http://pinside.com/pinball/market?pinsider=awarner#results

#141 5 years ago

How many have been spoken for?

#142 5 years ago

So far I have commitments/sales of 8 pins: Strikes & Spares, F-14, RFM, Cross Town, Buckaroo, Target Alpha, CFTBL, and Bad Cats. Also 2 videos.

These were all local sales generated from the party or local mailing list (GAPAS). I am talking to someone from Pinside about one of the other games I am selling. If the transaction goes through, I'll make a donation to Pinside. I always do that, I think anyone who sells something through this system should do that. It's cheaper than eBay fees and you can do something to keep this system running.

#143 5 years ago

I just added pictures to the XENON and Silverball Mania that a friend asked me to list in the marketplace. PM me for his contact information.

Thanks,

-Al-

PS: I still have some games for sale...

#144 5 years ago

A little bump since I changed the topic...

Don't miss the BBBBBB!

#145 5 years ago

The Getaway: High Speed 2 was sold through Pinside so when the transaction is complete, I will be making a donation to the site. I'd really like to encourage anyone who sells a game on the site to share the love and keep this site going.

3 weeks later
#146 5 years ago

The pins have all been sold. A few vids are still available, but thanks to everyone for helping me fulfill my dreams!

-Al-

#147 5 years ago

Best of luck Al!
faz

There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside