(Topic ID: 89988)

Many games in my collection for sale (TAF, IJ, AFM, Xenon, and Silverball Mania)

By awarner

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whiner.jpg
als-ark.jpg
money eyes.png
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

I have a few pingames for sale that don't have buyer's names on them yet. I also have some video games for sale.

The pins are listed in the marketplace and include two that a friend who bought a game from me asked me to list for him:

http://pinside.com/pinball/market?pinsider=awarner#results

PM me for the video game list - I know this is not a video game forum.

Thanks!

-Al-

Former Message:
I'm looking to sell my entire collection of Pinball and Video Games at one time and exit the hobby. I think there are 33 games with about 1/2 being pins. The collection will also include parts and lots of other bonuses. After 18 years, there is a LOT. I WILL NOT break it up, but I wouldn't mind selling to a group of people. PM me for details.

#2 9 years ago

Damn, man. I wish I could nab your TSPP, but don't have the money.

#3 9 years ago

Hmmmm, this is odd. Why not list them? The vids... the price

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Hmmmm, this is odd. Why not list them? The vids... the price

" I WILL NOT break it up, "

Well, that, for starters. Anyone serious enough to buy all that can contact him for a list....really.. =|

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

" I WILL NOT break it up, "
Well, that, for starters. Anyone serious enough to buy all that can contact him for a list....really.. =|

Yep, I read it. Still needs a list.

#6 9 years ago

Sorry to see you leave, I always enjoyed your posts. You will be missed.

#7 9 years ago

Honestly, posting a list would generate a TON of negative posts, so it's a PM thing for the people that could afford it.

#8 9 years ago

Hard to know if I can afford it if I can't see what I'm buying (the vids that is, your pins are in your pinside collection obviously)

#9 9 years ago

Bummer! Even your Doctor Who?

#10 9 years ago

Sorry to see this. I hope you need the money for something good and there isn't any problems. I always dreamed of buying a large lot like this but the distance and my current financial status doesn't allow for this to be the one. I wish you the best in your sale and whatever you do next.

Gotta ask, is this in anyway related to the things we have PM'ed about in the past?

#11 9 years ago

WTF: Wealthy Sugar Momma who will buy Al's collection and have it professionally delivered to my home in Texas. In exchange, I will rub bunions on demand.

Inquire via PM.

http://www.welovead.com/en/works/details/bfdzmovD

GLWS Al!

#12 9 years ago

Someone is going to adopt what looks to be a sweet collection. You never want to hear someone is leaving the hobby but GLWS.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Bummer! Even your Doctor Who?

It would probably be my choice to keep it but I'm getting out. Really, the collection is awesome, at least to me. The games play beautifully and although they aren't HEP restorations, they were rebuilt with little care for expense. When I did the TAF it took me 4 months and I replaced so many parts like scoops, ramp, entire pop-bumpers, slings, etc. The Fliptronics board was a little shakey so I sent away to Germany for a new replacement. Any burnt connectors have been replaced with new and trifurcons on all of the games and the pins also replaced. I always did the work right since it was being done for me. The AFM has a ColorDMD, both Bill Ung kits, backboard art, colored rubber, new ramps, etc. Details were important.

#14 9 years ago

The words of Mark Davidson:

"Back in 2002 A good friend of mine, Al Warner, asked if I could re-created the moving Dalek head that was on the prototype Dr. Who pinball machines. For whatever reason I agreed. I guess I said yes because I love a challenge... I had never seen Dr. Who before, and never looked at the Pin, but within a month I had bought a machine at a US Amusements auction as Al coached me on."

Al has had a positive impact on pinball and its community, both are appreciated. The Wobble Head is the first "mod" that I can ever remember inquiring about since it brought some extra "life" to Doctor Who like the early machines. And when Mark finished his work, he had built an indestructible mod as I know someone who has one of the first ones made, it is still going strong! Al is a good guy and I have appreciated his posts since the RGP days. GLWS, I wish you the best!

Brad

#15 9 years ago

Best wishes to you Al ! I hope what ever comes next brings you happiness.

LTG : )

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The words of Mark Davidson:
"Back in 2002 A good friend of mine, Al Warner, asked if I could re-created the moving Dalek head that was on the prototype Dr. Who pinball machines. For whatever reason I agreed. I guess I said yes because I love a challenge... I had never seen Dr. Who before, and never looked at the Pin, but within a month I had bought a machine at a US Amusements auction as Al coached me on."
Al has had a positive impact on pinball and its community, both are appreciated. The Wobble Head is the first "mod" that I can ever remember inquiring about since it brought some extra "life" to Doctor Who like the early machines. And when Mark finished his work, he had built an indestructible mod as I know someone who has one of the first ones made, it is still going strong! Al is a good guy and I have appreciated his posts since the RGP days. GLWS, I wish you the best!
Brad

Thanks for the nice words brother! I really appreciate it!

#17 9 years ago

Im sorry to see you leave the hobby as you were one of the good guys on RGP. I think i started collecting just after you did. Best of luck Al and i hope whatever you get into next brings you much happiness!~SpOoKy

#18 9 years ago

Price and list?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Price and list?

money eyes.pngmoney eyes.png

#20 9 years ago

Sorry to see a well respected member of the community leave

#21 9 years ago

This is as seismic as when Peter Hirshberg sold his home arcade that I had written about years ago in GameRoom. http://peterhirschberg.blogspot.com/2008/03/gameroom-magazine-cover-story.html

http://lunacityarcade.com/photos.htm

Sorry to see you're leaving the hobby.....

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

This is as seismic as when Peter Hirshberg sold his home arcade that I had written about years ago in GameRoom. http://peterhirschberg.blogspot.com/2008/03/gameroom-magazine-cover-story.html
Sorry to see you're leaving the hobby.....

That was a great article. I think we all wish we could have a Luna City in our back yard.

#23 9 years ago

divorce?

#24 9 years ago

I wish you well in the future, Al. I'm glad both that we were able to meet your family and experience your amazing collection and that you had the time to stop by and hang out this year at TPF. I hope you're able to get it sold for what you want out of it.

#25 9 years ago

Al,

Hope everything works out for you. I am guessing this means the end of any wobble head kits as well?

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Price and list?

Per his request, send him a private message and he will provide the information.

Marcus

#27 9 years ago

All this because BOP 2.0 is delayed? I kid, Al.

Sorry to see you leaving the hobby but life has many seasons. Good luck with the sale.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Al,
Hope everything works out for you. I am guessing this means the end of any wobble head kits as well?

No, I was just the Pinball face on the Wobble Heads since Mark is a video guy. If there's future interest in Wobbleheads just look up basementarcade.com and send Mark a message. I do know that the opto he was using is NLA so there will have to be some re-design before there are more for sale. We've found it takes time for interest to build again between runs. So there might be more.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

All this because BOP 2.0 is delayed? I kid, Al.
Sorry to see you leaving the hobby but life has many seasons. Good luck with the sale.

Actually my kit would be included in the sale so it'll be cool for someone who buys it all.

Also, I've had a bunch of responses that said that they would buy just the pins, that's just not going to happen. This is a bring a BIG truck to my house and take it all event. If it doesn't happen that way, I'll re-evaluate my situation and sell or not sell for now. I'm not sick or have any pressing reason to sell them and my plans are for a new direction in my life. I'm getting older and priorities change. This can take a year to be concluded and what I want to do will be accomplish-able.

#31 9 years ago

Oh No! My close friends know I'm married to the best woman on earth! Heck, she helped me shop pins!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm not sick or have any pressing reason to sell them and my plans are for a new direction in my life. I'm getting older and priorities change. This can take a year to be concluded and what I want to do will be accomplish-able.

There are rumors that Al is building an ark in Georgia, but these are only rumors...

Brad

als-ark.jpgals-ark.jpg

#33 9 years ago

If a group wants to get together and buy his machines as a group and subdivide them, I would commit to buy the following:

IJ, CFTBL, TSPP, AF and possibly BoP and AFM if the package price were 'right'.

If there are others who would buy the other machines, you can PM me and I'll keep a running list for the remainder of the machines.

#34 9 years ago

Glad to hear its not bad news, too much of that lately! Good luck to you and your new direction in life.

Brian

#35 9 years ago

To those who PM'd me saying this is a disallowed auction for want of a price or list: I am going to allow the thread to continue as this is a respected community member leaving the community and we are going to let him go out as he see fit, please stop PM'ing on this calling it an auction. Thanks.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

To those who PM'd me saying this is a disallowed auction for want of a price or list: I am going to allow the thread to continue as this is a respected community member leaving the community and we are going to let him go out as he see fit, please stop PM'ing on this calling it an auction. Thanks.

Wow, what a bunch of douchebags... for real...

Let me know who you are, so I can send you a "REAL Pinside Dick of the Day" shirt..

#37 9 years ago

Al,

Given that this is a pinball forum I would bet you can sell all the pins as 1 if you break them off from the vids and other stuff.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks for doing this. I'll gladly PM the list to anyone who asks and the info has what I'm looking for and a list of the games. It is NOT an auction. I have a number in the PM that I'm copying and sending to everyone. If it's in your price range and you want to haggle or a group wants to haggle, I'm reasonable. I can't see anyone offering me MORE than I'm asking and quite truthfully, I honestly wouldn't take it. I would hope that the community would look at my track record and know that I don't play games. Also, I always make a donation to Pinside after selling a game through the site, it's just my thing. We give back to the ones who help us. This sale would be no exception if it was initiated from here.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow, what a bunch of douchebags... for real...
Let me know who you are, so I can send you a "REAL Pinside Dick of the Day" shirt..

Agreed for sure. But seriously...do you have that shirt in a medium and how much?

#40 9 years ago

Pretty easy to surmise that the pins conservatively are worth around 45K. The vids and other items add to that amount, if you have that much cash laying around shoot a PM. Why make it any harder than that?

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Al,
Given that this is a pinball forum I would bet you can sell all the pins as 1 if you break them off from the vids and other stuff.

I agree and that might be a future option. For right now, it's "Clean out my basement" or nothing. There are other web sites that support both pins and vids and the same basic post is there.

#42 9 years ago

If there is a group buy going on I'd be interested in the getaway

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This issue again?

Unbelievable.

I will state this again: there is no written policy anywhere on Pinside that says that you are required to list a price for any pin listed for sale. There is no such requirement listed in the community rules.

If you list a pin for sale in the Market section of Pinside, there is no requirement to list a price. In fact, you can check a box that says "I want people to make me an offer".

So thanks for, uh, not being inconsistent with the non existent rule against so called auctions.

#44 9 years ago

There is a difference between not listing a price and running an auction. Tigerlaw stated people were accusing him of running an auction, he clarified and said he wasn't.

Not sure we needed a rant on this one.

Quoted from RobT:

This issue again?

Unbelievable.

I will state this again: there is no written policy anywhere on Pinside that says that you are required to list a price for any pin listed for sale. There is no requirement listed in the community rules.

If you list a pin for sale in the Market section of Pinside, there is no requirement to list a price. In fact, you can check a box that says "I want people to make me an offer".

So thanks for, uh, not being inconsistent with the non existent rule against so called auctions.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

There are rumors that Al is building an ark in Georgia, but these are only rumors...
Brad

als-ark.jpg 116 KB

Looking forward to Al's next post..

WTT - My 33 pins and vids for your collection of 636 animals. Must have one and only one male and one female of each species. I hope it includes hippos and lions, not looking for too many creepy snakes. I'll have mine loaded in a 26 foot rental truck, you can drop yours off at my grand boat (see pic).

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This issue again?
Unbelievable.
I will state this again: there is no written policy anywhere on Pinside that says that you are required to list a price for any pin listed for sale. There is no such requirement listed in the community rules.

Without endorsing the tone of this post, I agree that it would be helpful to update the forum rules if a) auctions or b) "make me an offer" listings are prohibited.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

There is a difference between not listing a price and running an auction. Tigerlaw stated people were accusing him of running an auction, he clarified and said he wasn't.
Not sure we needed a rant on this one.

As par for the course, your post doesn't even make sense.

#48 9 years ago

best wishes on your new adventure.

glad i got the chance to meet you at Expo.

#49 9 years ago

More whiners on pinside than a large day care center anymore. Good grief. If you are interested, pm the op, and get the info. Too tough? You weren't serious anyways.

GLWS

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Seriously?? Some people need to get a f'ing life!!

If you're interested in Al's shit, PM him. Not interested, move the f' along. If his post really bothers you, go have a f'ing beer before you go PM'ing the moderators.

Then again, all some people do their entire life is PISS AND MOAN!! I hate people like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/entire-collection-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.