• $8,000 31 votes
    28%
  • $7,500 20 votes
    18%
  • Less than $7,500 15 votes
    14%

(109 votes)

#1 1 year ago

So the story comes to an end. "unsold" at $10,200.

Where's the bottom?

Machine - For Sale
Toy Story 4 (LE) Archived
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Great playing/ like new Toy Story!!! The perfect family friendly game! Shoots amazing!”
2022-10-12
Sellersburg, IN
10,200 (Firm)
Archived after: 25 days
Viewed: 5509 times

#2 1 year ago

Putting firm in Your ad doesn't help You sell it.

Firm is for hard to find pins.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

that's a clown price (firm). You mean if I offered $10K cash he'd 'say no man it's firm'.

Joke of all time, the pin isn't selling at $10,200 that means its price is off and firm doesn't help sell a pin. I see a GNR LE NIB for sale at $9050 (firm) and it's not selling, see GNR LE for sale at $8500. Look, I get it TS4 is newer than GnR but the price will probably never see $10200 on the used market.

For this poll I said $9K is a fair price. I sold a lot of pins and you have to be flexible and take what the market says.

#4 1 year ago

Lol at a few people voting 12k. Ask all the people sitting on their machines at 10k for sale how realisitc that is.

#5 1 year ago

I think this is the first time I've seen such widespread flipper desperation on a new title. I know it happened a bit with the last couple of JJP's, and might happen with Bond because of the price increase and the economy tanking, but it's the first time I've seen the Pinside reviews have so many stealth ads. It was actually funny, the amount of TS4 reviews (especially the CE) that had phrases like "you'll be so glad you bought one" and "your family will love it, buy one today."

Meanwhile, we're stuck with never getting a Toy Story pin. The dark carnival part of Toy Story 4 is just not Toy Story. Spooky totally nailed Halloween, as if alllll the crappy sequels never happened. Oh man, Halloween 4-6.....brutal.

#6 1 year ago

I am a buyer for this game if the price continues to drop. I don't mind it is on the easier side, because I suck at pinball, and I like the TS4 movie more after a second watch than I did when it first hit. Current prices are still a non-starter for me though.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I am a buyer for this game if the price continues to drop. I don't mind it is on the easier side, because I suck at pinball, and I like the TS4 movie more after a second watch than I did when it first hit. Current prices are still a non-starter for me though.

Join the club! I would also consider buying this game but that’s based on the price reflecting what it’s worth. Imo, you have my attention at 8k And that’s barely my attention. The game is so stripped it’s not even funny.

But Ken Cromwell said they put everything they could into it? What a joke. Never forget that BS.

#8 1 year ago

For me real talk, I can buy CC remake SE for $7500 (50 games played) or ($8K NIB) can't see TS4 is asking so much more ($12K NIB).

That's 50% more ($4K more) both are somewhat simple (thats a plus for me as I have a lot of deep games).

Then you have $9250 CCrLE vs $15K TS4 CE (come on man, you almost can buy a whole other pin like Stern pro for the difference), it's no wonder that CCrLE are selling for a premium and TS4 CE are selling at a discount (probably nearer every day, not a $6750 difference JJP thought they could get away with).

JJP should make more of PotC if you want to sell at these prices.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31: But Ken Cromwell said they put everything they could into it? What a joke. Never forget that BS.

Ken Cromwell is a marketing guy. Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

#10 1 year ago

The by far best outcome for pinball would be if TS4 flops hard but not hard enough to kill off JJP.

They need to learn that not everything sells, esp. skimpy BOM with premium price. If they’d put as much engineering and world under glass into TS4 as they did for WoZ or GnR, TS4 would be a super hit.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Ken Cromwell is a marketing guy. Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I get it but there are marketing guys that will try a little spin and then there are guys who completely lie. I’ll just leave it there.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I get it but there are marketing guys that will try a little spin and then there are guys who completely lie. I’ll just leave it there.

I heard a clip of him recently where he was clearly trying to address the collapse of TS4 demand, and he was more or less pleading with people to find one on location and try it out, saying they'll like it if they do. It seems pretty clear that JJP is concerned internally. They got too greedy and now they're facing the consequences.

#13 1 year ago

If the next JJP is the rumored Godfather pin, that might be another cause for concern. Odd theme for a pin imo.

If it's packed like their earlier releases, plays well and is priced right they could turn things around though.

#14 1 year ago

gnr and toy story both suck. better get some coders to save this sinking ship. AND LOWER YOUR DAMN PRICES!

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I heard a clip of him recently where he was clearly trying to address the collapse of TS4 demand, and he was more or less pleading with people to find one on location and try it out, saying they'll like it if they do. It seems pretty clear that JJP is concerned internally. They got too greedy and now they're facing the consequences.

Whomever set those prices should be out on their ass looking for a job.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

It should have been the same price as the GNR LE release .... $9.5K ..... JJP will be forced to drop pricing on future titles or go out of business (IMHO) ... I totally agree that they got greedy and it back fired...

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Had they not got rid of me I would have had one here for people to see, play. And even the innards if a potential customer was interested. And I could have referred them to distributors too.

I wonder if they ever rethought that ?

LTG : )

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Had they not got rid of me I would have had one here for people to see, play. And even the innards if a potential customer was interested. And I could have referred them to distributors too.
I wonder if they ever rethought that ?

Lloyd, I'll never understand why they unceremoniously dumped you. You're the perfect ambassador for pinball, you were beyond helpful and a stellar representitive for JJP not to mention the fact that you volunteered your time simply for the love of the hobby.

Maybe someday you can give us the details of what went down but if not, I understand.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Lloyd, I'll never understand why they unceremoniously dumped you. You're the perfect ambassador for pinball, you were beyond helpful and a stellar representitive for JJP not to mention the fact that you volunteered your time simply for the love of the hobby.
Maybe someday you can give us the details of what went down but if not, I understand.

JJP got cocky, and got rid of Lloyd and others .... whoever made the call on MSRP should be shit canned...Stern will have the same problem with Bond, and they're new pricing structure...its not sustainable and doesn't reflect market realities

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

i can't get over how bad he wants to do business with them after the way they treated him, you're too nice lloyd!

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Maybe someday you can give us the details of what went down

Not much too it. The internet phone company I used for them went down and new one wasn't up yet. They tried to call but phone number didn't work. I was then sent an email to notify me in thirty days I was done. I emailed them and thanked them for letting me know. January 4th I was done. I gave my all up until midnight my time that night.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i can't get over how bad he wants to do business with them after the way they treated him, you're too nice lloyd!

Not for them. It was never for them. It was for every person who ever had a jjp pinball machine.

#23 1 year ago

These should have been 9500 new. The current price structure wouldn’t have been a problem if it was based off of TS 1-3. If it had the claw, Sid modes, pizza machine modes, slinky dog ramp, army men mission mode, fight zurg, fight all the bad guy bosses, etc. It just is the perfect storm of over pricing, lack of features, and the completely wrong theme. A very disappointing reveal after waiting years to see it.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

JJP got cocky, and got rid of Lloyd and others .... whoever made the call on MSRP should be shit canned...Stern will have the same problem with Bond, and they're new pricing structure...its not sustainable and doesn't reflect market realities

Stern increase on Les for Bond was crazy and I think we found the ceiling for regular LE games. Same as JJP. But at least Stern kept the premium increase in shooting distance. They did better than JJP did at least on the LE/Premium tier.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not much too it. The internet phone company I used for them went down and new one wasn't up yet. They tried to call but phone number didn't work. I was then sent an email to notify me in thirty days I was done. I emailed them and thanked them for letting me know. January 4th I was done. I gave my all up until midnight my time that night.

Not sure of the timeline but it seems that since Brett Abess became the owner of JJP, Butch was fired, you were let go and a multitude of other bad decisions followed.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:These should have been 9500 new. The current price structure wouldn’t have been a problem if it was based off of TS 1-3. If it had the claw, Sid modes, pizza machine modes, slinky dog ramp, army men mission mode, fight zurg, fight all the bad guy bosses, etc. It just is the perfect storm of over pricing, lack of features, and the completely wrong theme. A very disappointing reveal after waiting years to see it.

Agreed.

I understand they decided to make it a simpler game, but for me just wanted to have the pick a character with various rules or modes attached to them that could have made this a super deep game with the ability to play as Woody, Buzz, T-Rex etc..

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Not sure of the timeline but it seems that since Brett Abess became the owner of JJP, Butch was fired, you were let go and a multitude of other bad decisions followed.

Brett the is the son. Leonard his father the owner. ( both really nice men if you ever meet them at a show )

Not all bad decisions. They came in about the time or Pirates, followed up with Willy Wonka. Worst timing possible moved the factory half a country away, and followed up with Guns and Roses.

They know what they are doing.

#28 1 year ago

I would definitely pick up a TS4 around $8K at some point. I have no doubt its a fun game, and I'm sure my kids would enjoy

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Brett the is the son. Leonard his father the owner. ( both really nice men if you ever meet them at a show )
Not all bad decisions. They came in about the time or Pirates, followed up with Willy Wonka. Worst timing possible moved the factory half a country away, and followed up with Guns and Roses.
They know what they are doing.

I'm sure they are very smart people, but they are also responsible for MSRP on their games....and TS4 was a major screw up

#30 1 year ago

How many ts4 games have been produced? Anyone have any idea?

#31 1 year ago

Should have rerun POTC, would have made more $

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Should have rerun POTC, would have made more $

I think there's no doubt of another pirate run now.

#33 1 year ago

Rerunning pirates, I would happily pay 15k!

Not sure getting more people to try it will help anything. I've played it many times and each time I shake my head as to what it should have been. It's not a bad game. It's also not a 12k game (unless you're a distributor with a podcast trying to sell it of course). It's not even a 10 or 9k game either.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Rerunning pirates, I would happily pay 15k!
Not sure getting more people to try it will help anything. I've played it many times and each time I shake my head as to what it should have been. It's not a bad game. It's also not a 12k game (unless you're a distributor with a podcast trying to sell it of course). It's not even a 10 or 9k game either.

I would never happily pay 15K for a game. Pirates is pretty cool and I would buy one if they went back to GNR pricing, but not this new BS.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I would never happily pay 15K for a game. Pirates is pretty cool and I would buy one if they went back to GNR pricing, but not this new BS.

Agreed. I would never pay 15k for any game. Potc at 11.5k would sell a ton I think. Any higher, and it’s a hard sell. Adding more games in the wild will drive down prices for sure, and the only reason they’re so high is because of the lack of supply. The game is cool, and packed, but the lack of assets and the overly complicated code is what held it back originally, and still remains a problem. I’d get one though for under 12k, but anymore than that, and I can find a lot more better games out there for far less.

#36 1 year ago

Rough weighing of the votes.....so far looking like about $8200 is what folks think the TS4 LE sticker price should be. So at $7999, should be a quick sale.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

Putting firm in your ad has nothing to do with the pin and everything to do with putting your best price up front and trying to avoid all the needless back and forth. Most people think haggling sucks. This reduces the suckiness.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Putting firm in your ad has nothing to do with the pin and everything to do with putting your best price up front and trying to avoid all the needless back and forth. Most people think haggling sucks. This reduces the suckiness.

Makes sense.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I've been buying and selling pins for 30 years. Never did well with a pin that is a flop with the Price is Firm BS.

Most of my ads sell for less than asking price.

Get real guys!!!

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

I've been buying and selling pins for 30 years. Never did well with a pin that is a flop with the Price is Firm BS.
Most of my ads sell for less than asking price.
Get real guys!!!

In the case of TS4, yeah. Folks gonna have to flex.

#41 1 year ago

BTW, the tiny upper flipper on TS4, what's it supposed to be aiming for?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ended-toy-story-4-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.