(Topic ID: 116959)

End of game match awards two credits (C-37)

By stashyboy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

After doing a quick search on Pinside and Google Groups, I did not see a posting about this issue. Knocker goes off twice with a slight delay between the two. Numbers are correct, credit wheel rings up both. Logis on the schematic seems pretty straight forward. Four ways to award credits-coins, high score, hole special, and match. I haven't spent a ton of time looking at all these circuits, figured I'd throw it out to the group if someone has encountered this before. (I never have!)
TIA

#2 9 years ago

And it doesn't do it when a replay score level is achieved?

If not, then that suggests it's along the path where they differ (Ten's unit, 00-90 mini stepper, etc.).

If the lock-in on O isn't holding, I could imagine where the path is getting two pulses as the score motor runs. Just a guess though.

#3 9 years ago

i have a similar problem with my royal guard awarding multiple credits when you get the special via the "C" rollover at the top...

it seems to have to do with how long the ball takes to get through the rollover (which doesn't make a lot of sense to me schematically yet)... if the ball is taking a long time to get through the rollover (the guides are a bit bent "in" on mine, which occasionally slows the ball), it'll knock (and award credits) 2 to 3 times...

i haven't messed too much with it yet... i started to, and got frustrated, and figured i'd set it aside for a rainy day (since that special doesn't get made very often anyway)....

following this topic closely now, i'd like to fix it...

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i have a similar problem with my royal guard awarding multiple credits when you get the special via the "C" rollover at the top...
it seems to have to do with how long the ball takes to get through the rollover (which doesn't make a lot of sense to me schematically yet)... if the ball is taking a long time to get through the rollover (the guides are a bit bent "in" on mine, which occasionally slows the ball), it'll knock (and award credits) 2 to 3 times...
i haven't messed too much with it yet... i started to, and got frustrated, and figured i'd set it aside for a rainy day (since that special doesn't get made very often anyway)....
following this topic closely now, i'd like to fix it...

Probably a very different reason than on C-37.

#5 9 years ago

yea, no doubt... it would never be as easy as copying someone else's fix...

#6 9 years ago

Yes, I think DF is on to it (as usual!). I just watched it as I simulated a match with the hood up. It awarded the second credit as the motor came around to the switch again. Will investigate the O relay further and see what I can find. Thanks for the quick responses guys.

#7 9 years ago

Brain cramp here. 'O' fires a second time (causing the second replay), but I'm not sure of the timing at game over that is causing that. Assume ball count stepper should go to 6th position and cut power to all those functions.

#8 9 years ago

Forgot to mention the game is set to 3 ball. It takes a bit of time for the game to step past the 4th and 5th ball positions on its way to 6th (game over) position, so that is giving a couple extra rotations of the motor. Of course this shouldn't matter (it was working correctly previously), but reverting back to 5 ball play gives only one replay for match.....so the problem is only in 3 ball mode.

#9 9 years ago

I think I would look at score motor switch 1D to see that it's opening, or otherwise doesn't have a short.

#10 9 years ago

Checked out the 1d switch, DF, looks fine. The motor does two thirds upon ball in outhole on 3 ball(close the 1d switch twice!). It only does one third on 5 ball (closing that match replay switch just once). I assume it should just do one third on 3 ball? Looking at the schematic now, but my eyes are bugging out staring at it......

#11 9 years ago

Alright, TGIF, time for a drink. I think this was related to the player unit. I had trouble with it yesterday. It had been serving an extra ball at end of game, as one of the shoes was not making proper contact. That might have caused this peculiar issue. As the player unit was briefly stopping on ball 4 in three ball mode. I cleaned/lubed the snow shoes again and now it goes straight to 5th ball (giving one match) then to GAME OVER! Which is what I declare this thread. Hopefully if anyone has this issue in the future, it will prove helpful.

#12 9 years ago

That's good. 'O' does need to still activate/deactivate while in 3-ball mode, to step the Ball Count unit (which is what it is in the single-player games; Player Unit is for multi-players). After ball 3 drains, the Ball Count unit needs to advance quickly to the 6th position, passing through the 4th and 5th positions. Once at the 6th position, a switch opens there that opens the path to 'O' to prevent that extra ball from kicking out (I've got another thread somewhere that explores that issue).

So if the Ball Count unit wasn't stepping quickly enough, then I could see where a delay could pick up an extra pulse to the Match. I had proposed motor 1D, since if it was stuck closed, the extra pulsing from O would cause an extra step to the credit unit. But I didn't have access to the motor timing chart to see how things really lined up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball
Lighting
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/end-of-game-match-awards-two-credits-c-37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.