• Latest reply 8 years ago by L_satan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zBsp-JPG2_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Williams Big Ben (I actually find the game quite fun) has worked great until just recently.
Like the Post says, the end of ball bonus does not score. The counter unit attached to the playfield appears to operate just fine. When I knock down the drop targets for double bonus, the points score just fine.

No loose wires. Bonus and Double Bonus make-or-brake switches are good.

I assume it has something to do with the stepper unit in the cabinet, but I have no schematics, and the IPDB does not have very clear schematics.

Any experts have ideas? I've poked around for a couple hours, but no dice.

Thanks, everyone.

#2 8 years ago

Does it go through the motion of counting the bonus down from 10,000 to 1,000 and just not score, or does it not even count down?

#3 8 years ago

It does go through the motion perfectly. The lights trip down, and the bonus unit trips down. No score, no chimes.
On Double Bonus, it chimes and scores as it should.

#4 8 years ago

Morning bump?

#5 8 years ago

Hi L-satan
I show a snippet of the schema - just look at to have a "general idee" then look-up in the ipdb-PDF.
On top the 1000-Point-Relay, below "Switch closed when Bonus-Relay pulls", below a "Make-and-Brake-Switch on Double-Bonus-Relay DBR", downwards -> a "Switch closed when pulling at Ball-Index-Relay" -> downwards (at the bottom) -> a "Score-Motor-Switch pulsing". THIS IS "Single Bonus".

"Double Bonus": The M&B-Switch on DBR is moved (DBR is pulling) -> current is lead -> (ANOTHER) Switch on Score-Motor (ALSO) pulsing (synchronuos, but with a delay) -> "Switch on Ball-Index-Relay" -> -> ->.

I say: That M&B-Switch on "Double-Bonus-Relay" is faulty - You have connection "when pulling" - You have NO connection "when NOT pulling".

Lets look in ipdb -> http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=232 -> Schema -> page-4 -> look for Numbers "16" and "17" on the bottom of this page. Do position on "16.15" (near "16" -> then move up to top of this page: See the "Coil on 1000-Point-Relay ? Then look downwards -> -> -> "Score-Motor-Switch-Impulse-A does pulse 5 times each "turn, turning of 180 degrees".

Look in the ipdb-MANUAL -> Page-25 -> Double-Bonus-Relay -> "Switch E" with wires: Gray-BR, O-B, B-BLU. I believe the connection Gray-BR <-> O-B is NOT good - "no contact when relay is NOT pulling" or dirty contacts or "Gray-BR" has broken-off.

You might want to check ALL switches on "Bonus-Relay, Double-Bonus-Relay, Ball-Index-Relay" (?).
Greetings Rolf

zBsp-JPG2_(resized).jpgzBsp-JPG2_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago

I had a minor adjustment on the last contact switch of the Advance Relay. It was closed, and should be open. Also, I vigorously cleaned all the switches on the make-or-brake Bonus and Double-Bonus relays.

Thank you for your help, Rolf!
Excellent assistance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/end-of-ball-bonus-not-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.