(Topic ID: 223564)

End of ball Bonus is counting up not down on Space Mission.

By cyroute

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4b36b6bf61da28f339e1ec10e8fa7c43fe387c1d (resized).jpg
IMG_0969[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0967[1] (resized).JPG
spacemissionswitch (resized).jpg
Jack (resized).png
Advance relay (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyroute.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I am trying to get this project game up and running. I can start a game and everything seems to score etc. but when the ball drains the bonus goes to the max 1000 at a time. If I turn the game off and restart the game the bonus unit will count down like it should and then I can start a new game but again when the ball drains the bonus gets maxed out again and it will just sit there trying to add more bonus.
Thanks,
Joe

#3 5 years ago

Checked and adjusted/cleaned the onus and double bonus relays also the advance relay nothing changed. I also check the bonus stepper and everything seems to work fine on it.
Joe

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Check the M/B on sw. D on the Outhole relay.
[quoted image]

currieddog I checked and adjusted and cleaned allthe switches on the outhole relay still the same thing.
Joe

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Check score motor switch 3B.
[quoted image]

currieddog checked the score motor switches with bonus unit step up all adjusted and cleaned still same issue.
Joe

#8 5 years ago

So I took a good look at it and it looks as tho the outhole switch is triggering the advance relay and the bonus relay at the same time but the bonus relay that would reset it back to 0 is loosing out over the advance relay.

#13 5 years ago

Thanks everyone I will check this stuff out tonight and report back.

#14 5 years ago

OK i check all the switches everything is clean and gapped properly. The advance relay, change relay and the bonus relay all fire when i hold the outhole switch closed. ArgosySK I checked that jones plug and it is clean wires are good nothing touching etc...

#18 5 years ago

I think I will start disconnecting anything that activates the advance relay one at a time and see if I can narrow down what is causing the advance relay to fire.
Joe

#19 5 years ago

ArgosySK HowardR currieddog OK I think I found the culprit looks like the upper left advance bonus switch was replaced and the wiring does not look right to me switch is not original either. I disconnected the switch completly and the bonus is working correctly. Does anyone have a picture what the wiring should look like or can tell me what wire connect to each other. Below is the picture of what it looks like now no wires connected. I will use the arrow colors to represent the wire colors. The way it was wired up was the green, yellow and orange wires were twisted together and the white, blue and grey wires were twisted together.
Thanks Joe

spacemissionswitch (resized).jpgspacemissionswitch (resized).jpg
#22 5 years ago

currieddog can you tell me where the two grey wires end and where does the orange wire go where my arrows are?
Thanks,
Joe

4b36b6bf61da28f339e1ec10e8fa7c43fe387c1d (resized).jpg4b36b6bf61da28f339e1ec10e8fa7c43fe387c1d (resized).jpg
#24 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Gray wires go to bottom advance lug, along with two yellow. Orange go to Pf lites.

currieddog I see the two connected with the yellow wires to the advance bonus switch in your pic but where do they go from there I only have one grey wire that goes to the switch right above the left end side of my orange arrow in your pic but i dont have the other grey wire so not sure where it terminates at the other end

1 week later
#26 5 years ago

currieddog Thanks for the help on the advance switch light. So I have one more issue it looks like none of the extra ball lights are coming on the one at the top middle rollover then when you actually get an extra ball the light is not coming on on the playfield or back glass. I swore these did work before I check the lights they work if jumped off another light so i no its not the socket or the bulb. I think the extra ball bottom playfield light is controlled by the extra ball relay not sure what triggers the light above the middle relay. I do get exta balls but no lights to show it or again no light at the top middle roll over to know its lit for extra ball.
Thanks,
Joe

#27 5 years ago

Ignore that currieddog I should of looked at the schematics it was a switch on the score motor. I think this thing is finally 100% thanks for all your help!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyroute.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/end-of-ball-bonus-is-counting-up-not-down-on-space-mission?tu=cyroute and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.