(Topic ID: 67771)

Enchanted Castle Lombard, IL No Longer Has Pins.

By pinballhunter

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by AndHart120
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lotr.jpg
    oz.JPG
    lineup2.JPG
    bowl.JPG
    gokart.JPG
    lineup1.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

I was surprised to learn enchanted castle doesn't have any pins anymore. The section where they were at is closed for construction and the pinball neon sign is gone so I don't know if the games are gone for good or not. In the past Haunted Trails, owned by the same people did the same thing. So it's like DeJa Vu.

#2 10 years ago

That sucks. That place was awesome. I thought they had a club that would play there monthly as well. I was going to go there before expo and had heard the selection was slim.

#3 10 years ago

I haven't been there this week but I know a lot of construction is ongoing and games have been shuffling around. About half the games were in the far East side of the building near the go-carts. We still have league ongoing for another two months (tonight/tomorrow) so it's unlikely they got rid of all the machines. Talking with the manager there quite a while ago, they eventually plan on keeping 10-12 machines so some are still going to be leaving. Maybe the main area got boxed off but another entrance to this area is somewhere? Or machines got moved entirely? Did you talk to anyone that works there?

#4 10 years ago

I knew pinball's days at Enchanted Castle were numbered when I found they'd left their screwdriver rolling around inside TSPP.

They don't like pinball, don't care about pinball, don't want our money.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

I knew pinball's days at Enchanted Castle were numbered when I found they'd left their screwdriver rolling around inside TSPP.
    They don't like pinball, don't care about pinball, don't want our money.

Lol seriously? We run a route with 12 machines and I've done similar things. Just human nature dude.

#6 10 years ago

Bomba is right.. they aren't gone, they are shuffled. They did downsize to about 10-12 pins, but they are simply relocated. It'll be interesting when I go there tomorrow for league play. I just hope they didn't put them in an area that's cramped because 30-40 people gets crowded where they were before as it is.

#7 10 years ago

This makes me sad, I was just there a month and a half ago with 18 pins in the lineup..I hope its just temporary due to construction or something. Pinsider, nmeun87007, sold them most of their games, I wonder if he has any insights to what is going on?

#8 10 years ago

I havnt been there for about three weeks but they moved about 5 pins in the back by the go carts. Rolling Stones, RBION, and a few others....
    Did somebody say there is league play on Fridays?!! Thats awesome! What time? Can anybody still get in?

#9 10 years ago

they moved them to the construction side. they had half of them moved there just 3 weeks ago. They are floating around, just being situated for the construction process.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Did somebody say there is league play on Fridays?!! Thats awesome! What time? Can anybody still get in?

There is only 2 sessions left, but you can always sign up for next year:
    http://battleforthekingdom.com/?page_id=7

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they moved them to the construction side. they had half of them moved there just 3 weeks ago. They are floating around, just being situated for the construction process.

They need keep that side open late I think last time at monthly then shut down one side before we where done.

#12 10 years ago

They seem to be building a mini bowling alley in the front area (Even though they have a shorter lineup not far away)
    bowl.JPGbowl.JPG

There are 4 pins by the bleachers in the go-kart area. CSI seems to still have the skull lock issue it had from a month ago
    gokart.JPGgokart.JPG

Rest of the Pins in the hallway around the desk where you pay for gokarts
    lineup1.JPGlineup1.JPG
    lineup2.JPGlineup2.JPG

#13 10 years ago

Not only is OZ missing a tree on the right pop bumper, the left flipper got stuck up in the up position during league play. They couldn't fix it right away either because they were busy fixing rolling stones
    oz.JPGoz.JPG

LOTR seems to be missing a target in front of the crystal even though the switch is still working (looks bad)
    lotr.jpglotr.jpg

Simpsons had issues too, and it just keeps getting dirtier everytime I'm there (the flipper rubbers are almost black even though they're supposed to be red)

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Lol seriously? We run a route with 12 machines and I've done similar things. Just human nature dude.

No kidding! I thought screwdrivers were disposable! I lose them and find them all the time.

#15 10 years ago

Where is the go cart area? Is that a seperate building? All I saw was the closed area and the laser tag area which looked like it was closed. Btw, Haunted trails in bridgeview, il now has a sign up to come and play they're woz. I didn't get a chance to go in and see what they have. Maybe next week unless someone wants to check it out. And to think I thought I'd have to spend my tokens on skee ball!!

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballhunter:

Where is the go cart area? Is that a seperate building? All I saw was the closed area and the laser tag area which looked like it was closed. Btw, Haunted trails in bridgeview, il now has a sign up to come and play they're woz. I didn't get a chance to go in and see what they have. Maybe next week unless someone wants to check it out. And to think I thought I'd have to spend my tokens on skee ball!!

Depending on what day you went and what time, they might have had the hall back to the karts area closed off for construction. Just walk in the front door, turn right and keep going to the right. You'll pass the old mini golf, then laser tag and you'll see the pins along the right wall.

#17 10 years ago

Where is ST Pro?

#18 10 years ago

The ST pro is at Brixies in Brookfield, next to a next gen

#19 10 years ago

Should the topic to this thread be updated?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Should the topic to this thread be updated?

Yeah it really should. Reading the topic it would appear there are no pins there.

#21 10 years ago

Yeah we need to call it enchanted castle plays hide and seek with the pins.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Where is ST Pro?

There's also one at hollywood park in crestwood, il.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballhunter:

Yeah we need to call it enchanted castle plays hide and seek with the pins.

Then please change it to that. It's not currently accurate. They may not maintain their pins like some would prefer, but they still have pins.

If you've never edited a post, click on the edit button on the first post and you should be able to change the subject line. Thank you.

#24 10 years ago

Not only do they still have pins but I'm sure the place will be even better when they are done remodeling. The Haunted Trails in Joliet is not nearly as nice as Enchanted Castle and I think they are owned by the same people. I'd rather take my kids to Enchanted Castle over Chuckie Cheese any day of the week. They do a pretty good job with the pins considering they have the same guy fixing everything there.

1 week later
    #25 10 years ago

There are still 10-12 pins to play at Enchanted Castle.

Please update the topic description!

-Mark

#26 10 years ago

Bump for OP to change title.

3 months later
    #27 10 years ago

Looks like no need to change the title anymore

#28 10 years ago

Sucks. I use to go out of my way to go there.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Sucks. I use to go out of my way to go there.

go to Brixies not to far from there.

3 weeks later
    #30 10 years ago

They are all gone now. Every single one of them. I'll never go back to that place that's for sure.

#31 10 years ago

wow, that sucks.

#32 10 years ago

Well that eliminates an Enchanted Castle visit on my next Chicago trip...

#33 10 years ago

Go to Logan's Arcade instead! That place is all sorts of awesome!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/enchanted-castle-lombard-il-no-longer-has-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.