Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by tjsynkral
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Monthly tournaments will begin again at Enchanted Castle the second Tuesday of every month around 7pm for as long as they have a couple working machines. Games will be setup standard tournament rules, single elimination, random game and opponent. 100% payout to the top four places, $5 to enter.

Current lineup:
    AC/DC Pro, Avengers Pro, Metallica Pro, CSI, Transformers LE, Stones, TSPP, and Dale LE. The last three are still located over by go-carts and the other 5 are back by the air hockey. LOTR is gone.

First monthly tournament at EC for 2014 will be 02/11/14 at 7pm. Hope to see everyone there!

Conrad

#2 10 years ago

Support location pinball, peeps!

They're down to eight machines from close to twenty, not long ago.

I live 150 miles away from Enchanted Castle, and when I'm in town, I often play there!

-Mark

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bomba:

Monthly tournaments will begin again at Enchanted Castle the second Tuesday of every month around 7pm for as long as they have a couple working machines. Games will be setup standard tournament rules, single elimination, random game and opponent. 100% payout to the top four places, $5 to enter.
    Current lineup:
    AC/DC Pro, Avengers Pro, Metallica Pro, CSI, Transformers LE, Stones, TSPP, and Dale LE. The last three are still located over by go-carts and the other 5 are back by the air hockey. LOTR is gone.
    First monthly tournament at EC for 2014 will be 02/11/14 at 7pm. Hope to see everyone there!
    Conrad

That sounds fantastic Conrad!
    I should be there!
    Thanks,
    Kevin

#4 10 years ago

Sounds like I should spend the rest of my tokens before they dump them all. No more Dark Knight, Family Guy, Tron, and Wizard of Oz.

Steve

#5 10 years ago

I was there last week and LOTR was still there. I wonder who they sold the games to? I asked someone who worked there and they said they sold WOZ 2 weeks ago, which would have been 3 weeks from now...bummer

#6 10 years ago

Was just there on Sunday...LOTR gone which was very disappointing to see

#7 10 years ago

Unfortunately they have been selling some games as they are not making as much as they would like. Come on out to help support location pinball and participate in some friendly competition!

#8 10 years ago

that's because they went on a buying frenzy without really knowing anything about the games, what earns and what not. Seems like they just wanted to buy everything that was available. Which you can't do when your trying to make money with a business. Someone needed to do a little more research and only get the top earners.

#9 10 years ago

Did they fix CSI so it does not unfairly giving out free multi balls?

PS.. last mouth was the first monthly tournament at EC for 2014 and we did do double elimination as only a few people showed up.

#10 10 years ago

Sad to report that all games are gone from EC now. The same day that Logan Arcade opened up, EC got rid of all pins. Goes to show it takes a different biz model for pinball these days.

#11 10 years ago

That is a total bummer. EC was right by my in-laws. It was great to get the hell out of that house during a visit AND play pinball.
    In all honesty, every time I went there, I did not see too many kids playing...unless they were my own. Those damn ticket dispensing games are all the rage.

#12 10 years ago

If you need to get your tourney on there is still Brixies

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monthly-tournament-at-brixies-1

#13 10 years ago

Brixies monthly tourney is tomorrow night if you're still jonesing for some tourney action

#14 10 years ago

Ha, beat me to it.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

Sad to report that all games are gone from EC now. The same day that Logan Arcade opened up, EC got rid of all pins.

Guess I'll have to go play some redemption games, I think I have about $20 in tokens.

Sad to hear, but not that surprising. Outside of league and tournaments, I don't think they got much play.

#16 10 years ago

Talk to the manger and ask for a refund or wait say 5-10 years to see if pinball comes back there again.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

Sad to report that all games are gone from EC now. The same day that Logan Arcade opened up, EC got rid of all pins. Goes to show it takes a different biz model for pinball these days.

well the kiddy places with tickets / rides are not. Gameworks is ok and is more open to kids then the pure bar places.

But you need to get kids into to pinball as well to help it over the long term.

#18 10 years ago

No way! This makes me a sad panda...

#19 10 years ago

Kind of hard to justify a room full of 20 pins when you could put 20 cranes in there that make 50X the amount. A crane or merchandiser can pull in $800-1000+ a week while a pin is lucky to do that in 6 months... Its strictly business and EC is in the business of making money and staying in business!!!

#20 10 years ago

I kinda got the impression that the techs were overwhelmed with all the pinball machine issues when I went to an EC monthly last summer. Doesn't surprise me that they are gone, but it does make me sad.

ARTMAN - hope you can find a new venue! You and Joe did a great job running the tournament when I visited last summer.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Talk to the manger and ask for a refund or wait say 5-10 years to see if pinball comes back there again.

I'm half tempted to do so, but it wouldn't be worth the gas money (not to mention it would take a teen behind the ticket counter a half hour to find a manager to approve it)

Quoted from jpolfer:

I kinda got the impression that the techs were overwhelmed with all the pinball machine issues when I went to an EC monthly last summer

Yea, at least 3 pins had issues everytime a tourney started. You should hear the back story about how reluctant management was about fixing issues during the finals, ask Art about that.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm half tempted to do so, but it wouldn't be worth the gas money (not to mention it would take a teen behind the ticket counter a half hour to find a manager to approve it)

Yea, at least 3 pins had issues everytime a tourney started. You should hear the back story about how reluctant management was about fixing issues during the finals, ask Art about that.

also you should hear how bad the WOZ got. Also games with poor / bad dmd for months.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from brmorr:

Kind of hard to justify a room full of 20 pins when you could put 20 cranes in there that make 50X the amount. A crane or merchandiser can pull in $800-1000+ a week while a pin is lucky to do that in 6 months... Its strictly business and EC is in the business of making money and staying in business!!!

At some point you're just robbing peter to pay paul. The kids get a handful of tokens and put em in whatever's there...and there's already a ton of redemption there. It's not like they hold back, unless maybe if there's a log jam. Makes sense to have at least a few pieces of something adults will enjoy while their kids are there too. 20 pins was totally overkill though.

#24 10 years ago

While it stinks that they got rid of them all, but being there on Sunday to get one of the last games it's clear what the money makers are there and it sadly isn't the pins.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from jpolfer:

I kinda got the impression that the techs were overwhelmed with all the pinball machine issues when I went to an EC monthly last summer. Doesn't surprise me that they are gone, but it does make me sad.
    ARTMAN - hope you can find a new venue! You and Joe did a great job running the tournament when I visited last summer.

ART did a fantastic job running the league. The pins just kept getting worse and worse every month. I finally just quit going because of it.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Doot77:

While it stinks that they got rid of them all, but being there on Sunday to get one of the last games it's clear what the money makers are there and it sadly isn't the pins.

and yet they had pins years ago and I went there a few times back then to play them.

#27 10 years ago

They had told me they wanted to cut back to 6, and that only lasted for 2 weeks. Its pretty sad, that a location with such great potential got the games, thinking that the pinball players would line up to play the games. They did zero promoting and Art discussed having a tournament there and they were not interested.

As any operator or collector will know, the repairs on these games are a never ending battle. Its pretty sad, that when you see a tech playing the game, and something major does not work or work correctly, they do not even realize that there is a problem.

Art and I told them to fix the safe on sopranos, and what did we find, that they cleaned the game and the safe was still broken. The garage door on TSPP was broken for months, and the tech tried to fix it, and gave up. The metallica electric chair (sparky) broke and stayed that way for months until i told them the day before finals and they actually fixed it.

We would give them a list after each monthly session of what needed to be fixed and you were lucky if 50% got taken care of. They did buy a lot of "as is" routed games that needed a lot of work when they first got the pins.

I hope we can get a suburban similar to Logan Hardware, The Emporium or HQ Beercade sometime soon. Thanks to Rob, Brixes is our best suburban location and Galloping Ghost does a pretty good job of maintaining their games too. And they are 2 blocks apart !!

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from out_of_order:

I hope we can get a suburban similar to Logan Hardware, The Emporium or HQ Beercade sometime soon. Thanks to Rob, Brixes is our best suburban location and Galloping Ghost does a pretty good job of maintaining their games too. And they are 2 blocks apart !!

Galloping Ghost does not have the pinball area open all the time.

Game works is planing to fix up the games in time for the Special Pinball Tournament - February 22nd (they will also try to see if they can do the rom update on Metallica)

Underground retrocade has a few games.

Logan Hardware seems to have more parking then Emporium or HQ Beercade has.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Game works is planing to fix up the games in time for the Special Pinball Tournament - February 22nd (they will also try to see if they can do the rom update on Metallica)

It's on the 23rd, not 22nd. Make sure to be there Sunday morning, not Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/events/579157602153321/

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

It's on the 23rd, not 22nd. Make sure to be there Sunday morning, not Saturday.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/579157602153321/

I cut and pasted that from the an game works email that had that error.

#31 10 years ago

A little farther away in Lafayette, IN there's Main Street Amusements, too. I almost prefer a 2 hour drive to a 1 hour ride on the EL to go downtown.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/enchanted-castle-lombard-il-monthly-2nd-tuesday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.