(Topic ID: 183183)

Enabling Distance on Advanced Classified Searches on Mobile

By mbaumle

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5949 (resized).PNG
    IMG_5950 (resized).PNG
    #1 7 years ago

Please forgive me if this has been brought up in the past already (and I hope it isn't too trifling to bring up), but enabling the search distance check box under the "advanced search form" seems impossible to use when viewing on mobile browsers. The slider control just will not respond, and frequently, the browser will interpret the "sliding" as the user attempting to go back a page in the browser. Also, occasionally, it'll draw the distance radius around an arbitrary location; I'll attach screenshots to explain what I mean about the latter situation (I'm located on the East Coast, not the center of the United States), and again, in that situation, will not respond to user feedback. The slider just doesn't budge.

Sometimes, if I play with it carefully, I can get the slider to move, but only very slightly, and then the map goes blank and shows a "NaN" distance. I've tried this on multiple devices, and multiple browsers. I'll attach the browser/os information below (the former is for Safari, the latter is Chrome).

Thank you very much for you time
    Max

--------------------------------
    Your browser/os information:
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 10_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/602.4.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0 Mobile/14D27 Safari/602.1

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 10_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/602.1.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/56.0.2924.79 Mobile/14D27 Safari/602.1

IMG_5950 (resized).PNGIMG_5950 (resized).PNG

IMG_5949 (resized).PNGIMG_5949 (resized).PNG

5 months later
    #2 6 years ago

This!!
    I have relegated marketplace search strictly to PC now because it doesn't seem to support the distance vector... :/

#3 6 years ago

Is this still an issue?

The problem with the distance slider on mobile was fixed a few months ago when I replaced it with a dropdown box of preset distances.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Is this still an issue?

It hasn't been an issue for me since you've corrected it all that time ago. Thanks a million, Robin!

-Max

#5 6 years ago

My apologies @robin, I failed to check the distance on the mobile marketplace!

The drop-down box works perfectly for me, thank you!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/enabling-distance-on-advanced-classified-searches-on-mobile?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.