Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-20 (resized).jpg
IMG_0630 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

I own a Gottlieb Soccer and really enjoy the way you can score/collect your bonus during play. Most EMs only score bonus at end of ball. What other EMs have this feature?
These are ones I can think of-
Soccer - Gottlieb
Super Soccer
Top score
Old Chicago

#2 2 years ago

Bow and arrow
Bon voyage
Mars trek

#3 2 years ago

High hand

#4 2 years ago

Segasa (Sonic) Monaco

#5 2 years ago

William's Suspense has a bonus that can only be collected on the playfield--i.e., no outhole bonus is scored. It's scored by winning the award on the roulette wheel.

It can be set to hold over its value game to game, or reset to zero at the end of each game.

#6 2 years ago

Williams Grand Prix.

#7 2 years ago

Most sonic games. Cherry Belle. Prospector has two bonuses, one collected at the drain and another only on the playfield. Super Straight had a bonus score that doesn't reset the bonus, as does Bally's Delta Queen.

Williams Fan-tas-tic has single, double, or triple bonus score, but no bonus collect on drain.

#8 2 years ago

Bally Ro Go

#9 2 years ago

Hi ryan1234, mbaumle, zacaj +
I never have seen a "Williams Suspense" --- is it true "Bonus can be set to hold over to next play" ? Funny the 3-inch flipperbats AND the 2-inch flipperbats.

I own a Fan-Tas-Tic and have considered to add a little hack - "when the ball drains I will get Single-Bonus" --- but by now: I do not make any more hacks changing or "broaden / enhance" the "logic of play".

I have played the "See Saw" in my youth --- I do not remember about collecting at end of a ball --- sure is - http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2091&picno=48842 "collecting when ball is in play".

ryan1234 - "Old Chicago", well actually the question in Your title of the topic: Ball in play COLLECTS bonus - do You mean "ball is in play and the bonus-ladder is stepped down" --- or do You mean "ball is in play and we happen to get as many 1000 points as the bonus-ladder shows --- but the bonus ladder is not stepped down (at ball in play)" ?
I believe the Old Chicago" is of "latter functionality" --- please write about the functionality. Greetings Rolf

#10 2 years ago

Love everything about my Grand Prix. Bonus collect and those spinners. Such a fast and fun EM!

#11 2 years ago

rolf-martin-062
I think your right about Old Chicago. The bonus doesn't step down and doesn't meet my original criteria. (Although I do love Old Chicago)

Looking over pins others have mentioned- I think I need to find Bow and Arrow and a Grand Prix.

I am a little surprised how few EMs have this cool feature. On some EMs the play can fall flat after you max the Bonus, and have to drain to collect. Especially on the Multiplayers.

Thanks for the help everyone- keep on thinking

#12 2 years ago

Hi ryan1234
thanks for writing about the "Old Chicago". Hmm - You write about "play falling flat when we have max (ed) the Bonus-Ladder" --- a long time ago I bought myself some spare Replay-Counters (they can step up to 25 or 37 replays - we can adjust to max at 10 or 15 or 25 or 37). A Replay-Counter and a Bonus-Ladder-Counter are built the same (single stepping up and single stepping down) --- so I planned to hack and use an Replay-Counter for the Bonus-Ladder (some work for the lights needed to be done) --- well, I did not do this hack. I enjoy the original Bonus-Ladder (up to 15 bonus) on my Far Out - and play the other pins "bonus maxed at 10 bonus". Greetings Rolf

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I think I need to find Bow and Arrow

I think Bow and Arrow is also of the 'score bonus' (not collect) type.

#14 2 years ago

Gottlieb's Spirit of 76 and Pioneer

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

Gottlieb's Spirit of 76 and Pioneer

Wait, what? How do you get it? I've got a Pioneer and have worked on multiple So76 and never gotten one

#16 2 years ago

Swinger/Fun Fest allows you to collect the bonus by activating and hitting the swinging target. A continuous stepper changes the value of the bonus during game play prior to activating the swinging target. In terms of oddball features, Fun Fest has plenty..swinging target, swing reel, left outlane kickback, left outlane gate, center ball saver..

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Wait, what? How do you get it? I've got a Pioneer and have worked on multiple So76 and never gotten one

I have but not setup at moment Pioneer. I forget if you needed all drops and all rollovers, but i remember when you did the kick out hole rolls thru the sequence of Extra Ball, Special, and Double Bonus. If you hit kick out hole while Double Bonus lit I believe remembering counting down bonus before being kicked out back into play. Score card from SO76 sort of alludes to that the way I read it,

Perhaps I'm mistaken, so let me know and I'll retract my previous statement

IMG_0630 (resized).JPG

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

I have but not setup at moment Pioneer. I forget if you needed all drops and all rollovers, but i remember when you did the kick out hole rolls thru the sequence of Extra Ball, Special, and Double Bonus. If you hit kick out hole while Double Bonus lit I believe remembering counting down bonus before being kicked out back into play. Score card from SO76 sort of alludes to that the way I read it,
Perhaps I'm mistaken, so let me know and I'll retract my previous statement

That instruction card definitely supports it.... I'll have to go play 20 games on mine and fail to ever hit the hole...

#19 2 years ago

I'm curious as hell now myself seeing it's been awhile since I've played it so if you do find out let me know.

#20 2 years ago

Pioneer/SO76 just got a lot more interesting.. I never considered one because the playfield layout is so similar to my Out of Sight. Is this the only GTB em with in ball bonus?

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Swinger/Fun Fest allows you to collect the bonus by activating and hitting the swinging target. A continuous stepper changes the value of the bonus during game play prior to activating the swinging target. In terms of oddball features, Fun Fest has plenty..swinging target, swing reel, left outlane kickback, left outlane gate, center ball saver..

Fun Fest looks really cool. Put it on my list.

#22 2 years ago

Gottlieb Mayfair and also has two bonus ladders that you can switch between adding to and collecting in-game. If you don't drain it, like the rest of the early-mid 60's Gottlieb multiplayer games, it will stay for the next player or even the next game (they don't reset except for when drained and obviously came like this from the factory)

#23 2 years ago

Delta Queen

#24 2 years ago

Willaims Little Chief would be another one.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

is it true "Bonus can be set to hold over to next play" ?

Yes. There's a jones plug set for "liberal" or "conservative." Liberal allows the bonus to be carried from game to game, where "conservative" resets after each game.

#26 2 years ago

There are tons of Ballys where one can score bonus
that you build up,
only by falling into a corresponding KOHole
or sometimes hitting mushroom bumper
at the end of the bonus ladder.

#27 2 years ago

Nip It scores in ball bonus when the locked ball is realeased.

#28 2 years ago

Yup great opportunity to get 20K on one shot to the upper right kickout hole while ball is in play. Also the center kickout awards a free ball or credit depending on the replay or AAB plug placement. Center rollover lane is also
A free game or ball when lit.

#29 2 years ago

Bally See Saw

#30 2 years ago

Technically Williams Jackpot. Collect award or don't
Yukon goldrush and Klondike alike.

#31 2 years ago

I guess Little Joe is a collect or don't game as well. It's shoot you're earned lit shots or loose them if you cant

#32 2 years ago

Neither LJ or JP have real bonus structure though

1 week later
#33 2 years ago

Fairly common feature on many early flipper games such as Lady Robin Hood pictured below.

image-20 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside