• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 65 days ago by pinwiztom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

FYI -
Found FIVE EM's in the wild on location @ Union Barrel, a whiskey bar in downtown Salem, Oregon - 136 High street SE.
Target alpha, Captain fantastic, Card whiz, Solar city, & Big hit. All pins were in good condition, though the Captain needed some attention to the bulb sockets as about half of them were dim & flickering, and the pop bumpers looked to be a bit weak - but most importantly it played well.
Talked to the two owners, Jason & Chap for quite a while. I'm guessing they are in their mid-30's & are both hard core pin heads. They have several more EM's & are planning on rotating them in to keep the lineup fresh.
I especially liked the Solar city, the seldom seen two player version of Target alpha - it was super clean & played great!
Downtown Salem is becoming great area for pinball, The coin jam (barcade) is only a block away with around 10 later DMD's & Brown's town (bar) has two poorly maintained DMD's.
Now all we need is someplace with some late 70's & early 80's SS pins!

Dasvis

#3 3 years ago

It's cool that you guys have access to these neat pin places in your area. Thanks for the write-up! I had a nice Solar City several years ago and I liked the artwork - most like Target Alpha much better.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

It's cool that you guys have access to these neat pin places in your area. Thanks for the write-up! I had a nice Solar City several years ago and I liked the artwork - most like Target Alpha much better.

I prefer the two player pins, more artwork displayed on the backglass, easier to work on - yet still get to compete with other players.

#5 3 years ago

I will have to check out the Union Barrel to play those EMs

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I will have to check out the Union Barrel to play those EMs

Give me a head's up when you go -- "it's more fun to compete"

3 years later
#7 66 days ago

Sadly, Union Barrel closed up last year.

#8 65 days ago

There is a new place i ran across located in the Williamette TownCenter mall, that has about 6 or 7 DMDs some very new releases. Its a shop that sells nostolgic stuff for decorating gameroom and such. Lots of tshirts tin signs and neon. Cant think of the name right now. They do not have any EMs or classic solid states though

#9 65 days ago

I think the union barrel closed about same time as our posts 3 yrs ago

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
€ 8.40
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Caledonia, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hamilton, MA
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waco, TX
$ 279.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside