Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160108_212958_(resized).jpg
    20160108_212948_(resized).jpg
    20160108_212940_(resized).jpg
    20160108_213029_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

LOL! I guess I am wishing more than the crowds that there was one in the west suburbs more than anything. At least Chicago Street Pinball Arcade isnt TOO far! Not a barcade though but close enough with the bar being next door.

Demo work begins Monday at 9 W. Cass Street!

-Mark

2 months later
    #92 8 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

wow, tough crowd. My point was simply that its going to be a bit harder to make it as a barcade in the suburbs and trying to expand the customer base a bit during slow times might help be a solution. Chuckie Cheese, rinkside and similar type places are basically just redemption games and some driving arcade games. If you're looking for pinball, classic arcade games, bubble hockey, etc, which my kids enjoy along with me, those places are worthless. Actually one of my kids plays hockey, so we basically live at rinkside anyway, so I can vouch for that arcade being a complete waste.
    I have taken the kids down to the Chicago Street Pinball in Joilet and that was great. But it's a real hike for us. I've been meaning to get out to Underground Retrocade in Dundee as they allow kids as well, but as far as I know those are the only two good options for us other than when Expo or MGC are going on.
    Anyway, I'm in favor of whatever works to help keep a pinball place open in the northern burbs. If sticking with 21+ at all times means the most revenue, then that's great.

Yup, our mission in Joliet is to cater to all ages.

We're currently all ages, all the time, without a liquor license.

When we move/expand this summer, we'll have a liquor license. At this point, the plan is to be family friendly until 9 PM, then 21+ at 9.

We currently have a good mix of people, but Sunday afternoons we tend to have the most families.

Our party rentals are typically kids birthdays, around 10-12 years old, which is *great*! Need more kids playing pinball! But we have also hosted Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, adult birthday parties, and meet and greets/VIP sessions for bands.

Pinball will always be the prominent feature, but I have learned (to no surprise) having only pinball limits the audience. Classic video arcade games, driving games, shooting games, sports games, and foosball are part of the mix. The future will also include Chexx hockey, air hockey, pool tables, etc.

As for the hike...I am between Champaign, Joliet, and Lombard all the time...and also Gurnee, six months a year.

We have regulars that drive 90+ miles one way...so we must be doing something right.

-Mark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/emporium-lincolnshire-il-is-opening-soon?tu=marcos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.