Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160108_212958_(resized).jpg
    20160108_212948_(resized).jpg
    20160108_212940_(resized).jpg
    20160108_213029_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anthony691.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Can anyone make out the pinball lineup in the blurry photo?

I grew up a few miles from the location and spend a lot of time up there. It'll be great to have another place to play in a few weeks!

Their Wicker Park location is a good pinball spot. Their Logan Square location has a nice lineup but consistently atrocious maintenance.

I wonder why there is such a difference as far as maintenance between Logan Square and Wicker Park locations? I'm hoping Lincolnshire is more like the later.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Kiss, Game of Thrones, Addams Family, Rescue 911, Striker Extreme?? ,Fish Tales, Corvette

Seems like a good line up. Probably the best in the north burbs.

I think they chose a great location, but am a little suspicious of their suburban expansion plan in general. The core barcade demographic is pretty thin in that area---there just don't seem to be too many 21-30 year olds. I suspect they'll have to do things a bit differently to succeed there.

#9 8 years ago

Apparently their grand opening is tomorrow.

I'll probably try to make the trip up.

#12 8 years ago

If I do make it out tomorrow night, I'll share my impressions.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I didn't make it out there. Did anybody go? How was it?

My buddy went. Said it was empty and that GOT was a lot of fun. Didn't report on the functional condition of the older games (which is what I would have been most interested in). I'll probably go this weekend.

#23 8 years ago

Heard back that the older games were well-shopped and played well. Great news.

#24 8 years ago

I'll also head over tonight. Unfortunate that their "grand opening party" completely flopped. I hope they do great there.

Who wants to organize a league or monthly tournaments? I'm in. Buddy of mine would be too.

#27 8 years ago

Anybody who sees me there tonight should say hello and beat me at a game of pinball. I'll very likely be the only guy there in a suit and tie.

For that matter, anytime you see someone in a suit and tie at an area barcade, it is probably me. Need to start keeping some casual clothes at the office.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I'm going to go check this place out tomorrow. I really hope places like this can exist in the suburbs, I'm not a big fan of going downtown into the huge crowds of obnoxious people.

This might help:

Chicago barcades, listed in order of obnoxiousness of the crowd, from least obnoxious to most:

1) Logan Arcade. Very chill place. On any given night, there will be several pinheads. Many of the regulars there don't even care about the games but just use the place as a neighborhood bar, which should give you a sense of the atmosphere.

2) Emporium Wicker Park. Trending younger and a bit more bro-ish, but still a fun place to play. You'll often find a few pinheads there. Laid back place, people tend to be pretty nice, and nobody is really trying to get laid (which, curiously, cannot be taken for granted at Chicago's barcades).

3) Headquarters River North. Professional after work crowd. People here usually don't seem too interested in the games on a given night. You will be left well enough alone playing pinball. Too bad half of their pins are in the basement that is never open. I've actually never been on a Friday or Saturday night, but I assume the crowd would be more like #4.

This is the dividing line between places that are generally not obnoxious and places that are generally obnoxious.

4) Headquarters Lakeview. The most bro-ish barcade. The owners do think of the place as a bit of a nightclub. They obviously feel that Headquarters should be an option for people who are trying to get laid, which strikes me as very strange, but it obviously works because the pack the house every single week. I only go voluntarily in the middle of the day on weekends when it is empty---because they do have a great pin lineup.

5) Emporium Logan Square. Aside from being a bad pinball spot (all games are usually quite broken), the crowd, while being the most diverse and interesting to look at among all Chicago barcades, is simply obnoxious.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I've been to Logan a few times and really like it. Also have been Headquarters Lakeview and it was ok.

Well, then you've been to the second most obnoxious barcade and it wasn't so bad

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Ok, just got back from Lake County Emporium. Pins are WWE, KISS, GOT, AF, Rescue 911, Striker Extreme, FT, Corvette, and Gorgar. Played all but WWE and AF. Couldn't get on AF because some jackass hogged the game for a good hour. Would put 8 - 9 credits on it at a time, making sure no one would interrupt him. Get down to 2 credits and put in 6 more. Kept swearing at the game like a 13 yr old playing Call of Duty. Hope he isn't a pinsider! If you are, get a clue dude! Said hello to anthony691(who was in his suit & tie). Gorgar was a mess, didnt play right. Striker Extreme has a weak VUK. The rest seemed to play great. Even 911 helicopter was working! Everything was 25 to 50 cents. Was there a good hour and half. Drinks, pricey. Pizza looked ok, didn't try it, we ate at Urban BBQ down the street(worth going!). Didn't care much, but most the video games are all retro and seemed to be in good, working shape.
    Needs more pinball!

20160108_213029_(resized).jpg20160108_212940_(resized).jpg20160108_212948_(resized).jpg20160108_212958_(resized).jpg

I did put a game or two on TAF before that guy got on, and it was pretty much unplayable. Constant ball searches in multiball, flippers needed to be rebuilt, and playfield seemed warped to the extent that it felt a bit like Orbiter 1.

They couldn't remotely run the bar, pizza was good, and vid lineup was unremarkable.

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats on the move (assumin it is for good reasons)
    Bummed I will not see you on my twice a year stop to Logans. Let me know if you are ever in the area and want to hang.

The real bummer is that nobody takes care of games on location the way he did there.

3 weeks later
    #85 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-nw-suburb-pinball-league

Vic put out feelers to do a beer league there. Could be fun!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anthony691.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/emporium-lincolnshire-il-is-opening-soon?tu=anthony691 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.