Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160108_212958_(resized).jpg
    20160108_212948_(resized).jpg
    20160108_212940_(resized).jpg
    20160108_213029_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joe_Blasi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Da_Topper:

Also WWE pro. All the games are one token. They had a soft opening on New Year's Day. When we got there, they were still setting up the Sterns. Had them turn the volume up a little bit too on the Sterns. If anyone sees a tech there, might want to tell them to tighten the leg bolts on the Sterns. Way too loose for a new game. I didn't have time to play the other games so not sure if those games have loose legs too. Also if you play GOT, be sure to hold down the launch button to enable regular play.

Tell them to change that setting on GOT. Need to get there when I have the time.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from ScrewMan:

Do you know where in Mount Prospect?

What place in MP?

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crashnburn:

Yah, downtown Mt. Prospect where the Ye Old Town inn was on Busse. They are not open at this time. Soon I hope.
    https://www.facebook.com/tokensandtankards

Near the Central continental bakery

#40 8 years ago

I will try to get there some time this weekend.

monthly tournaments cool and make it IFPA.

#51 8 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

Just checked it out this afternoon. We got there right at 4pm when they opened and we were the only 3 people in there the first half hour or so after open. When we left there were a couple people at the bar and no one playing any games.
    All pins including the new Sterns are all set on 25 cents (1 token) except Fish Tales and Corvette set on 50 cents. All games ran well except Addams Family which wasn't set at a high enough angle so it was dirt slow (a maintenance guy was working on some pins and overheard me and asked what the problem was, I told him the back legs needed to be higher and he walked away, didn't seem too friendly) and also Gorgar was pretty flat and unlevel. Other than that everything was good. I will definitely come back when I'm in the area and hope more people show up eventually.

should tell them to fix the priceing on Fish Tales and Corvette to 25

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I disagree 100%. Barcades are for adults. Chuck e Cheese is for kids.

and there are non chain places in Chicago land for kids as well. They really don't have much if any pinball.

#57 8 years ago

Just went there got then to fix the setting on got also have gc on it now.

They want run tournaments possibly monthly

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

The only issue with allowing kids at barcades is it will drive away other customers.

Maybe some bars are ok with limited kids / not at late night. A lot has to due with city laws in the past the arcades had issues with kids cutting classes to play at them.

Now days the kids places are about the redemption games and now days a lot of them seem to be not really skill but more of a cheat to hit a Target pay out %. They used to have more pinball in the 90's next to today maybe 1-2 with we don't want to fix them.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Gonna check this place out this weekend. I've been to the Logan sq location and had a blast. Hopefully this will work out for them. Another good place to play pins near the Gurnee area is at Kristof's in Round Lake. He always has at least four good playing pins to play and he rotates to keep things fresh. Currently has a TZ, Met pro, Monopoly and one other that is escaping me at the moment think it might be Tftc. Maybe someone on here knows? Steve is a good guy and pin fan to boot.

I think they said they had a RFM as well.

4 weeks later
    #86 8 years ago

Planing to do monthly on the 4th Tuesday there.

1 week later
    #88 8 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Planing to do monthly on the 4th Tuesday there.

Bump

3 weeks later
    #89 8 years ago

I head that they are trying to get ghost busters there.

1 week later
    #90 8 years ago

bump for the monthly on 22th

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from Da_Topper:

Joe, you may want to make a separate thread about the monthly. IFPA calendar has it listed as the 29th which isn't the 4th Tuesday of the month.

That is a error should be 4th Tuesday and not last one. Even the local news paper said the 22th.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160316/entlife/160319119/

1 month later
    #96 7 years ago

yes it is still going on.

#98 7 years ago

Start around 7-7:30. sign in / practice before that. I try to get there at 6 or before.

1 week later
    3 weeks later
    #105 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

FYI, they now allow kids before 9 PM.

and more food is coming with in the next few weeks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joe_Blasi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/emporium-lincolnshire-il-is-opening-soon?tu=Joe_Blasi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.