(Topic ID: 321365)

Employment issues and work ethic 8-2022.

By gdonovan

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
csx_45 (resized).jpg
reliant_cecil_01 (resized).jpg
92A35543-CE72-4F6B-9093-14898D22C330 (resized).jpeg
house2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
ElasticScentedAgouti-size_restricted.gif
20220905_095248 (resized).jpg
20220905_094413 (resized).jpg
20220905_111154 (resized).jpg
20220905_074639 (resized).jpg
28FCF865-9C01-461C-BBA3-DD26B47B92D5.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
B34ED7A8-3A80-4C9F-BCCF-54A8A6D42D9C (resized).jpeg
384743F5-135C-4008-B71A-26D857E1CDA4.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiggles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#373 1 year ago

I recently moved from Colorado to Wyoming because I couldn't afford to live there anymore (and because the politics are resembling California more and more, but that's another story). I make over 100k a year and I could not afford to live there...let that sink in for a second.

Now imagine making $13 an hour at Starbucks or hell, even 60k a year in a office job. You're pretty much screwed. Why work for a system that doesn't reward your labor with anything meaningful other than basic survival and barely anything else? A new car costs over 40k on average, a new home is easily 8x the median income in most areas, and everytime you go grocery shopping everything you buy now costs more than a month ago.

Inflation is the primary cause of all this and you can thank over a decade of artificially low rates and money printer going bbrrrrrrrrr in order to pump the stock market and protect the rich and mega Corps. Meanwhile the rest of us were getting screwed with higher prices and no access to the American dream we were told our whole lives that hard work would afford us. I work 40+ hours a week, but I completely sympathize with anyone who isn't putting up with this bullshit anymore.

#509 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

You say a new car costs $40k on average. That doesn’t mean you have to spend $40k to buy a new car, you can buy something new for half that and a used car for a tenth of that price.

That's not the point. The point is inflation is so bad that the average new car costs more what 2/3 of the population can afford. Yes you can buy a cheap used car, but then you get to deal with the inflation attached to repairs, maintenance, registration, and taxes, pricing out a large chunk of the population as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiggles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/employment-issues-amp-work-ethic-8-2022-?tu=wiggles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.