(Topic ID: 321365)

Employment issues and work ethic 8-2022.

By gdonovan

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
csx_45 (resized).jpg
reliant_cecil_01 (resized).jpg
92A35543-CE72-4F6B-9093-14898D22C330 (resized).jpeg
house2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
ElasticScentedAgouti-size_restricted.gif
20220905_095248 (resized).jpg
20220905_094413 (resized).jpg
20220905_111154 (resized).jpg
20220905_074639 (resized).jpg
28FCF865-9C01-461C-BBA3-DD26B47B92D5.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
B34ED7A8-3A80-4C9F-BCCF-54A8A6D42D9C (resized).jpeg
384743F5-135C-4008-B71A-26D857E1CDA4.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twoplays25c.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 1 year ago

The favorite local soft serve place has now closed for the year. August 28 when closing used to happen on Nov. 1.
Two full months early – they can’t find reliable help that will show-up for work, and WANT to work.
From their location about 6 miles to home, I passed 11 “Now Hiring” signs, until I stopped counting.

A nearby Wendy’s closed 3 months ago, all signs removed and the building for sale.
In the months prior, on my return home from town, I’d stop and get a Frostie frozen ice cream for the wife.
FIVE times over about 2 months, I went through the drive-through, and at the window was told “Here, just take it, no charge.”
WTF?

A month ago I was chatting with my neighbor next door, and he told me many times, he’d drive-through for a burger and fries and was told “Hey, thanks for stopping today, no charge it’s on us.”

My only assumption is they had to close - their employees were giving the food (and the revenue!) away - apparently they had NO choice but to close because the staff was sabotaging sales!

A friend of mine knows the owner of a popular pizza shop in my town.
They cut deliveries and shortened hours – can’t find good help.
He started a new (younger) employee several weeks back – the kid showed up for 2 days, and on the 3rd day never appeared.
That day he texted the owner: “I went out last night and I’m still drunk. I won’t be in today” – so he fired him.

The local Post Office has banners all over their building and trucks – Jobs Open, $20/hr to start with full Federal benefits.
My our house we see a new different route driver about every 3 weeks. Turnover.
(Amazing that when I was in school, getting ANY federal job was considered the start of a well-paying career, with full Federal benefits too!).

Here, garages, dr offices, restaurants, and etc., all have shortened their customer hours – so I ask why?
The answer is always “we can’t find help that wants to work.”

WTF are these people living on?
I myself thinks this explains the popularity of Streaming services – I think everyone is staying inside and watching TV all day.

I was in the yard a lot this weekend, and NONE of my nearby neighbors were outside – not even on a nice day with sunny blue skies.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

C'mon now, really?

LOL. Gotcha.

#532 1 year ago

So, I swung into my local Burger King today for a quick burger for lunch.
"Now Hiring!" banners, flags and music - everywhere.

When I pulled up the window, I noticed the windowperson was not wearing the usual BK nametag.
Instead, they had on one of those "HELLO MY NAME IS" stickies with "Sarah" in black Sharpie.

Obviously that begs the question, so I asked "Didn't they get you a Burger King name tag?"
Her Answer:
"Nope. They said that people quit so fast that they're gone, before their new nametags come in.
And, they got tired of wasting the money on official nametags that went into the trash."

Yikes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twoplays25c.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/employment-issues-amp-work-ethic-8-2022-?tu=twoplays25c and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.