(Topic ID: 321365)

Employment issues and work ethic 8-2022.

By gdonovan

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
csx_45 (resized).jpg
reliant_cecil_01 (resized).jpg
92A35543-CE72-4F6B-9093-14898D22C330 (resized).jpeg
house2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
ElasticScentedAgouti-size_restricted.gif
20220905_095248 (resized).jpg
20220905_094413 (resized).jpg
20220905_111154 (resized).jpg
20220905_074639 (resized).jpg
28FCF865-9C01-461C-BBA3-DD26B47B92D5.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
B34ED7A8-3A80-4C9F-BCCF-54A8A6D42D9C (resized).jpeg
384743F5-135C-4008-B71A-26D857E1CDA4.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 1 year ago

Pay people to stay at home, and get a check in the mail box for doing nothing, then that is what they will do.

#22 1 year ago

I used to work at a community College teaching people how to drive large commercial vehicles.

Recruiters would come in looking for new drivers at a training wage to start and the students would ask..."why work for you when I can make the same collecting unemployment?"

They want high pay with no experience.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Thank you, I suspected you had nothing of substance to add to the conversation from the start.

Don't start throwing mud now....

#100 1 year ago

What's going to happen when there's not enough people in the workforce paying into Social Security and Social Security dries up and there's nothing left for anybody think about that for a little bit

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from Redfive05:

My father worked for HP for over 30 years. At 25 years he got the Gold Watch.... band.
No.... not the whole watch, just the band. You think after 25 years at a company you just get a gold watch?
Also.... I saw my father work there for over 30 years.... he retired early in 2014, died in 2015.
I "Silently Quit" every and any job I'll ever have from that day forth.

So he worked 30 yrs and only got a gold watch???? Didn't he collect a paycheck the whole time he was there. Apparently that wasn't good enough.

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Easy solution. Don't have kids if you can't afford them!

Agreed!!

#171 1 year ago

Here's a question for ya...where are they going to get 87000 people to be IRS agents?

Never gonna happen

#176 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wondered that too, but I don't know if the government has problems getting employees. They certainly have trouble getting quality politicians.

Amen to that. Didn't they say they were going get 100000 teachers too at some point? Now no one wants to be a teacher.

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from Redfive05:

Did this comment make you feel good?
No actually it wasn't good enough. Between al the extra time and effort I saw him put in over the years vs. how they "rewarded" him for all that. I would have to say absolutely not.

I did not say that to make me feel better. The point I was trying to make is that he obviously was able to provide you and your family a good life. Kind of hard to do that without a job.

#188 1 year ago

I don't understand why people always bring the cost of having children into the discussion.

Did your employer tell you to have kids? No

But for some reason employer's catch he'll for it like it's their fault you can't afford them.

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Who the hell can afford to retire at 55 anymore? I'll be working until I can no longer make it into the front door.

I retired at 55. My wife and I live within our means for the 24 yrs we have been married. She is retired to.

We worked hard. We saved our money.
And life is good.

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

If I pay you to produce something and it's done by the

This. I see this at work all the time now.
People will drop something on the floor and expect someone else to clean it.
I walked into this yesterday at work.. Someone blew their ice coffee all over the time clock area, threw a towel on it... and just walked away.
[quoted image]

That's because they know some good guy like you will come and clean it up

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:Pay people more

If you pay people more, prices go up to compensate for the increase in wages and you're right back where you started.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/employment-issues-amp-work-ethic-8-2022-?tu=timab2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.