(Topic ID: 321365)

Employment issues and work ethic 8-2022.

By gdonovan

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
csx_45 (resized).jpg
reliant_cecil_01 (resized).jpg
92A35543-CE72-4F6B-9093-14898D22C330 (resized).jpeg
house2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
ElasticScentedAgouti-size_restricted.gif
20220905_095248 (resized).jpg
20220905_094413 (resized).jpg
20220905_111154 (resized).jpg
20220905_074639 (resized).jpg
28FCF865-9C01-461C-BBA3-DD26B47B92D5.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
B34ED7A8-3A80-4C9F-BCCF-54A8A6D42D9C (resized).jpeg
384743F5-135C-4008-B71A-26D857E1CDA4.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roffels.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

My company is literally a family owned and run business since 1977, not a single person lost employment due to covid and several were actually brought up to full time employment so they were not shared with other facilities.
Not that it mattered; nursing is entirely mercenary in my experience and a large number jumped shipped after the crisis.
Thanks for the money and security, bye!
The owner is selling the facility to a corporate entity since keeping the staff safe during the crisis effectively put them on the edge of bankruptcy. The loyalty shown to the staff during the crisis was little returned.

In all my time working, never has there been a business structure I distrust more than a "family-owned" business. Give me a cooperative, corporate, employee-owned, sole proprietor, whatever. Family owned? Just say no to nepotism and conflicts of interest. No thanks.

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

We are dying for employees. We have had up to 48 employees and was around 28 before the COVID scam. We are currently sitting at 8 employees not including sales team. Everyone is doing the work of 5 people and literally no one applying for our jobs we have posted. I have never seen anything like this to be honest. We live in a damn clown world right now. We are giving all our loyal employees large raises and bonuses. My wife (who works for another company) threatened to leave and she got a $40k raise and another month of vacation. INSANE! We have ads out for $20 a hour for very easy basic warehouse duty. Everyone wants to make $100k per year with no experience. This younger generation is something special and not in a good way.

Not sure how it is in Nashville, but in Minneapolis, $20 an hour full-time won't be enough to pay for an apartment and basic expenses in the city. Doesn't matter if the work is hard or easy if you're spending most of your waking hours just to not afford rent.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roffels.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/employment-issues-amp-work-ethic-8-2022-?tu=roffels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.