(Topic ID: 321365)

Employment issues and work ethic 8-2022.

By gdonovan

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
csx_45 (resized).jpg
reliant_cecil_01 (resized).jpg
92A35543-CE72-4F6B-9093-14898D22C330 (resized).jpeg
house2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
ElasticScentedAgouti-size_restricted.gif
20220905_095248 (resized).jpg
20220905_094413 (resized).jpg
20220905_111154 (resized).jpg
20220905_074639 (resized).jpg
28FCF865-9C01-461C-BBA3-DD26B47B92D5.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
B34ED7A8-3A80-4C9F-BCCF-54A8A6D42D9C (resized).jpeg
384743F5-135C-4008-B71A-26D857E1CDA4.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#610 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

My two cents, the unskilled labor force who refuse to reenter the workforce because they believe they can enjoy a higher standard of living by forcing businesses to increase their wages are wrong. When the cost of everything adjusts up because of increased labor costs and increased demand for goods and services, these people are going to find they can’t live any better or afford any more at $30/hour than when they were making $15/hour. The costs of basic necessities like food/rent/utilities/healthcare will raise significantly and the cost of luxury items will skyrocket. This is already starting to happen. The idea that they can ‘ransom’ corporate America to lift them up into a higher standard of living is flawed. Unless they are trained or skilled in a profession that the average person off the street can’t do, they will always end up making less and being in the lower half.

Right, because no one is going to eat that cost of labor increase.. That increase has to come from somewhere.

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well, you're kinda late to that argument since wages have been forced up. The cost of pay raises does usually go to the consumer, but 10 people's wage increases gets spread out over however much business you do, so it isn't as bad as you may think.
Secondly, just because in the past people had to slave to survive doesn't mean it has to continue to be that way. We're supposed to be better than that, we're supposed to be evolving. Problem is our priorities are jacked.

You are talking way small numbers. Take an employee count of 2500 company wide and set them all at a $5 increase in hourly pay. Run that at a 40 hour work week and see what number you get just in a 40 hour work week..

#692 1 year ago

Adults are worse than the kids if you want to start looking at ethical decisions. Adults are more established and have more power to make a bigger impact by the “ethical” decisions they make.

There are lazy kids today just like there always has been. There are also some really really good hard working kids. I look at them and can only hope they get taken care of. I was not so lucky and I am a very hard worker. I decided to leave the corporate world because my life beliefs did not align with the companies once I found out what they were really about (there were a few factors but this was one of the big ones). The things I heard in meetings were unbeleivable. I work for myself now and like many in this thread I am happier, have more time to spend with the family and I feel more fullfilled. I am still a hard worker.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/employment-issues-amp-work-ethic-8-2022-?tu=pinstyle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.