(Topic ID: 321365)

Employment issues and work ethic 8-2022.

By gdonovan

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
csx_45 (resized).jpg
reliant_cecil_01 (resized).jpg
92A35543-CE72-4F6B-9093-14898D22C330 (resized).jpeg
house2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
ElasticScentedAgouti-size_restricted.gif
20220905_095248 (resized).jpg
20220905_094413 (resized).jpg
20220905_111154 (resized).jpg
20220905_074639 (resized).jpg
28FCF865-9C01-461C-BBA3-DD26B47B92D5.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
B34ED7A8-3A80-4C9F-BCCF-54A8A6D42D9C (resized).jpeg
384743F5-135C-4008-B71A-26D857E1CDA4.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 1 year ago

gdonovan we are in the same line of work, and I can tell you the staff for procedures they are STARVING for full time staff.

I meet new temps on a regular basis. They treat it like a gold rush or oil boom. They take 1 year contracts and live in their camper. I’ve had some great conversations with people from all over the country.

Maybe it’s cheaper for the organization to contract the work out who knows. I wouldn’t think so. Maybe if it keeps them from paying benefits etc but you’d hope that would be a small cost. Ironically the temps seem to be training those that are employed.

I’ve had several people try to hire me. I’m not making a move….yet.

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from timab2000:

What's going to happen when there's not enough people in the workforce paying into Social Security and Social Security dries up and there's nothing left for anybody think about that for a little bit

My friend who works for SSA would agree with this and their department is short staffed as well.

Pick the worse problem over there…money or paperwork log. Doesn’t really matter.

#142 1 year ago

Every year we get raises that are supposed to account for inflation/ cost of living, which is a whole other conversation….but…(and trust me it’s not enough but it’s more than most places)

I sometimes worry about getting paid to much.

We’re also having a hard time finding workers and have lowered the education standards. I know my role well but at the end of the day I worry if it would be cheaper to replace me with someone else for much less.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

No for a number of reasons.
1) The nurses never really get to know the residents.
2) Contract or pool people are expensive ($80 an hour! and a 10 week contract) and 9 times out of 10 worthless. Utterly worthless.

That makes sense. To be clear I’m not a nurse, I don’t work directly with nurses, but usually in the same procedure rooms.

Workers aside there are a lot of decision makers who look at spreadsheets with numbers and don’t consider the values you mentioned above which are important as I’m told.

My coworkers wife however IS a nurse and her work ethic is excellent but she’s closer to retirement than most of her coworkers right out of college who has some choice words about their work ethic.

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Hard to believe this is already over 20 years old. But the new kids didn’t discover quiet quitting, it was even around long before this movie! Great clip to remind everyone how great this movie is. Enjoy.

This movie is timeless.

My SSA friend used to watch this every day for a month when he was going through a rough time at work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/employment-issues-amp-work-ethic-8-2022-?tu=EJS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.