Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mr68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kim.gif
    Kim-Mitchell (resized).jpg
    catthing2 (resized).jpg
    D53F20F4-8F7F-417F-AB8F-DA41C687B280.jpeg
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

I find it embarrassing for people that will make a snide personal attack and then follow it up with a smiley Emoji or "LOL". Or they will post some nonsensical reply to a lost debate because they have to get the last word in. And most of these comments are usually followed by either "LOL" or that stupid, cigar chomping Cowboy emoji.

Do they really think themselves clever? Do they believe that Pinside is so stupid that no one notices how desperate they are?
    I find that sort of thing low functioning and they lose all respect.

Kim is bored today.

#2 3 years ago

I think it's like when you say, "With all due respect, you are an asshole!"

It's like, the "LOL" is supposed to excuse whatever horrible things you said before it.

#3 3 years ago

Insult followed by an emoji in 3....2.....1....

#4 3 years ago

"Please pardon my French but................"

#5 3 years ago

Sometimes I wish we would do away with all of the emojis. On the other hand there are a couple that I use on occasion and I probably need to use them more.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Sometimes I wish we would do away with all of the emojis. On the other hand there are a couple that I use on occasion and I probably I need to use them more.

#7 3 years ago

I can tell you this, if detective Nick Yemana(ccjacksoo7) did not have the head banging emoji, he would go into a deep depression! He seems to pop up in virtually every F.S. ad.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Do they really think themselves clever? Do they believe that Pinside is so stupid that no one notices how desperate they are?

Hey, at least they aren't referring to themselves in the 3rd person.

EDIT: Asshole

EDIT 2:

#9 3 years ago

BTW. My original post was passive-aggressive. I don't like those kind of people either.

#10 3 years ago

D53F20F4-8F7F-417F-AB8F-DA41C687B280.jpegD53F20F4-8F7F-417F-AB8F-DA41C687B280.jpeg

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

BTW. My original post was passive-aggressive. I don't like those kind of people either.

#12 3 years ago

price police , and now emoji police . what's next !

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

Meme police.

LTG : )

catthing2 (resized).jpgcatthing2 (resized).jpg
    #14 3 years ago

Lol

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

the pinball world must be slow

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

#17 3 years ago

Shouldn't this really be in "That Pinside Bitch Thread" lol

#18 3 years ago

This thread is as useless as the top 100 pinside rankings complaint threads... When you get so meta you're complaining of posting styles, maybe it's time to trade in for a new pinball machine to resolve the boredom...

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I find it embarrassing for people that will make a snide personal attack and then follow it up with a smiley Emoji or "LOL". Or they will post some nonsensical reply to a lost debate because they have to get the last word in. And most of these comments are usually followed by either "LOL" or that stupid, cigar chomping Cowboy emoji.
    Kim is bored today.

This site is filled with desperate people. Would be nice if they were at least interesting or funny, but the number of people who point out my username (some of them have done it a few times) like they are einstein is too damn high. Would be nice if they ended it with LOL every time just to accentuate it.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

This site is filled with desperate people. Would be nice if they were at least interesting or funny, but the number of people who point out my username (some of them have done it a few times) like they are einstein is too damn high. Would be nice if they ended it with LOL every time just to accentuate it.

dung LOL

just because you asked

#21 3 years ago

#PinsideProblems

Lol

#22 3 years ago

This thread is too slow. Lets skip ahead to someone comparing me to Hitler.

#23 3 years ago

LOL

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Did you grow a little mustache? LOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLL LULZ

#25 3 years ago

“Where the fuck are you?!

I’m gonna kill you!

Small number of people might know this amazing text

#26 3 years ago

I believe it’s a bleed-over from the Karen’s on Facebook. There’s a whole group called “Um Okay Sweaty” dedicated to mocking those who always call you condescending petty names like “sweety” or “honey”

The Lol emoji types are also a FB thing.

“ I woulda paid you 5 bucks but whatever.
    ENJOY YOUR PIECE OF JUNK LOL

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Lets skip ahead to someone comparing me to Hitler.

Why ?

Did his mother only buy him one walkie talkie too ?

If so. That would explain a lot.

#28 3 years ago

When someone posts something insane, I think a follow up with just this emoji is hysterical!

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

It first started with dissatisfaction of emojis, then, control. Next..

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Lets skip ahead to someone comparing me to Hitler.

Well. You both play a mean guitar.

There is that.

Kim-Mitchell (resized).jpgKim-Mitchell (resized).jpg
    #31 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Well. You both play a mean guitar.
    There is that.
    [quoted image]

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

When I see your name now I think highly intelligent anonymous Poster that will help you with maddening SS quirks and give you no nonsense (translation no bullshit) guidance and advice.
    If Folks like you and Quench and Herbert Sharp went away Pinside would flatten like an emoji.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

When someone posts something insane, I think a follow up with just this emoji is hysterical!

This is by far my favorite emoji.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I do as well, but I always pick the wrong one first. <- that looks more like it's commenting on a recockulus post, although it's the "impressed" emoji.

#35 3 years ago

<~~~ 20k pins?
    Guilty. Using that a lot lately.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I do as well, but I always pick the wrong one first. <- that looks more like it's commenting on a recockulus post, although it's the "impressed" emoji.

Yeah, always thought the label on that one was off. I use it time to time and not when I'm imressed, rather the opposite.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah, I think his eyes are a little less bugged out.

#38 3 years ago

There’s one emoji that I miss daily from the old m3 forum I was on. The facepalm. I so wish it was available here

#39 3 years ago

Is there consensus on what that emoji stands for?

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

You just wait, it will be the Repetitive Thread Police....bubble, $12k, will this fit in my car...

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

You just wait, it will be the Repetitive Thread Police....bubble, $12k, will this fit in my car...

That’s it! Robin needs to add a bubble bursting emoji. It will become one of the most-used!

#43 3 years ago

stands for , how about a hint on your guessing game thread !

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Quoted from wolverinetuner:

That’s it! Robin needs to add a bubble bursting emoji. It will become one of the most-used!

YES! A broken record emoji

#45 3 years ago

Ok Kim you can have your Cactus Canyon back... I made a few improvements...

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

I don’t think there’s an emoji for that!

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

Ask the guys that upvoted my first post here.

#48 3 years ago

Duplicate

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Ask the guys that upvoted my first post here.

As stated on the other thread, hint-droppers will be required to give the OP in that thread (yours truly) a pin from their collection free of charge!

(Ideal emoji for a statement like that!)

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

All that emoji needs is for the emoji to light up a cigarette and take a couple puffs at the end.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/emoji-amp-lol-abuse-?hl=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.