4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Harry1b.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Emmy Award-Winning Sound Designer Harry Snodgrass Joins Heighway Pinball as Chief Sound Engineer

Harry’s glittering career spans more than 120 films and covers sound supervising, designing and mixing. Film highlights include an Emmy award for his work on Flight 93.

Harry has also excelled at sound restoration work and is famous for his work on such classics as ‘Vertigo’ and ‘Rear Window’.

Harry’s first role at Heighway is to manage all aspects of sound on the upcoming ‘Alien Pinball’ game. Harry was responsible for sound on the ‘Alien 3’ movie and aims to bring his extensive experience with the Alien franchise to Heighway’s eagerly anticipated game.

Harry says “I am thrilled to join the innovative team at Heighway Pinball. It is a life-long dream to combine my talents as a Sound Designer and Mixer with my passion for pinball.”

He goes on to say “By joining the team at Heighway Pinball, I look forward to pushing the audio technology of pinball into the 21st century while creating the best sounds ever heard on a pinball machine”

Company CEO Andrew Heighway says “I am thrilled to welcome Harry to our team. Harry’s experience and calibre are second to none and he will be a huge asset for us. Alien Pinball is a massive title, and this game deserves the very best people working on it. With Harry and our ever-growing team, we believe we have the best people in place to deliver an outstanding game later this year”

Harry1b.jpg
    #2 4 years ago

another home run hitter for the heighway team!! whose next george lucas?!

#3 4 years ago

Man, this just gets better and better!!!

#4 4 years ago

Who isn't joining heighway pinball lately, I think I might join soon

#5 4 years ago

Oh man, Heighway pinball is really working to be a huge factor in the pinball industry. Great work Andrew!

#6 4 years ago

Harry is a very talented guy and a good friend. Wise choice Andrew, wise choice!

#7 4 years ago

What Andrew didn't mention is that Harry is not only a superstar in his industry (how cool is it that we have a sound designer who worked on one of the actual Alien pictures?) but he's a real pinhead. You might have heard of this little 59,000 square foot show he's been helping organize since 2006 called Allentown.

He's a busy man right now!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

What Andrew didn't mention is that Harry is not only a superstar in his industry (how cool is it that we have a sound designer who worked on one of the actual Alien pictures?) but he's a real pinhead. You might have heard of this little 59,000 square foot show he's been helping organize since 2006 called Allentown.
    He's a busy man right now!

Dying here....dying!!!

#9 4 years ago

So, correct me if I am seeing this wrong, but it is starting to appear to me as though Heighway is actually serious about being a successful pinball manufacturer?

2 months later
    #10 3 years ago

So will we hear any of the Nostromo boot sequence sounds when the Alien pin is turned on and booted up? This would just be a cool ambience effect. Boot up visuals would go nicely with that too...

Love the "old" Mother computer sounds. Hope they are all over the Alien pin too.

And the Nostromo ambient ship background noise... a constant drone of that in the background sounds nice too!

Perhaps a menu setting to turn these features on and off?

#11 3 years ago

Harry is the man! This is so cool!

#12 3 years ago

Whoa, this is very cool!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    € 279.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside