(Topic ID: 11859)

Emerald City Multiball

By docscott

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1962_Sprite.jpg
    Huckleberry-1.jpg
    poker_chips_all_in-11.jpg
    140.jpg
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

New update with video of the Emerald City Multiball.... now that is awesome. Still haven't convinced myself to put my deposit in. Updates like this makes it hard to stay on the fence.

#4 12 years ago

Looks pretty fuckin sweet if you ask me.

#5 12 years ago

oh man, LCD is it. I'm sorry if your a DMD purist, I welcome LCD innovation.
    Still pretty sure LCD is cheaper than DMD, funny how that works out. It's like when honda no longer supported manual windows, because the electric ones were actually cheaper.

#6 12 years ago

This is so cool. The pinballs beating down the door and coming right at ya. This dogs a'hunting. The lcd animations are going to rock.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

oh man, LCD is it. I'm sorry if your a DMD purist, I welcome LCD innovation.
    Still pretty sure LCD is cheaper than DMD, funny how that works out. It's like when honda no longer supported manual windows, because the electric ones were actually cheaper.

Totally agree. Maybe if they lay off the real footage from the movie and focus more on simple color animation.

Kind of ruins the mystique for me. Graphics like DMD and even playfield graphics that are hand drawn art are like books where your imagination can work. The new Stern ink jet type photo graphics on the machines (rolling stones, etc) remind me a little of this LCD real movies. Takes the imagination out of it.

Dont get me wrong could be a good step forward but at least make the wizard an animation.

#8 12 years ago

LCD brings in so many possibilities. That is a great example. Cannot wait!

#9 12 years ago

Loving it

#10 12 years ago

I hope the entire back glass is not all animation where its blank when off?

We have to move forward sometimes to move back to whats comfortable. Analog clocks, novels, classic cars comebacks (Camaro, Charger, etc).

Who knows maybe the LCD animations kick ass and I am wrong. Or maybe its too much. Something about dodging "DMD Phurbas on Shadow" with flipper buttons is cool. If it was LCD high tech graphics I may as well break out the PS3 and play that.

#11 12 years ago

cool but I need to see more.LOL

#12 12 years ago

since we're getting all this advanced technology I was thinking maybe we could have a new age of pins where holographic displays are incorporated into traditional pinball, with perhaps a smaller playing surface and limited shots but breaking the bounds of the traditional limitations to pinball....

We could call it Pinball 2012

#13 12 years ago

Like I've been saying....Game Changer! Just the beginning of a pinball explosion folks..

#14 12 years ago

Looks good as soon as they clear up that bad masking around him. I hope they do anyway.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

since we're getting all this advanced technology I was thinking maybe we could have a new age of pins where holographic displays are incorporated into traditional pinball, with perhaps a smaller playing surface and limited shots but breaking the bounds of the traditional limitations to pinball....

Yeah!! I want to see Wizard Blocks finished with current technology too!!!

#16 12 years ago

I think there is exactly one DMD purist left, and his name is Gary Stern.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

'm sorry if your a DMD purist,

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

I was thinking maybe we could have a new age of pins where holographic displays are incorporated into traditional pinball

Or how about transparent LCD? (think minority report)

Then picture an entire playfield that has changable artwork, and perhaps an entire 2nd playfield sized lower level (haunted house and then some).

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

docscott said:since we're getting all this advanced technology I was thinking maybe we could have a new age of pins where holographic displays are incorporated into traditional pinball, with perhaps a smaller playing surface and limited shots but breaking the bounds of the traditional limitations to pinball....
    Yeah!! I want to see Wizard Blocks finished with current technology too!!!

Go Gene Cunningham!

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

maybe we could have a new age of pins where holographic displays are incorporated into traditional pinball,

Funny you should mention this. I think you will be pleased when you see the finished machine.

#20 12 years ago

Looks pretty good, I bet it will feel better on the machine.

This is in pinside talk, would probably fit better in JJP.

#21 12 years ago

kick ass they also have the transparent screens on slots already

#22 12 years ago

A little OT here but my local news just showed a segment about a new movie relating to Oz that opens this weekend. An independent film and one of the producers is a local guy. Dorothy apparently moves to the Big Apple. ??? Really not in Kansas anymore.

#23 12 years ago

Cant wait to see this in person.

#24 12 years ago

LOL who does the red munchin look like???

G stern to me?? i noticed they blurred the faces

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs004/1104524641178/img/140.jpg 140.jpg140.jpg

#25 12 years ago

They are going to have to trim the time down on the animations. It's too long and will inhibit game play. If this were a video game, people would be hitting 'esc' to escape the video clip and get back to the game. Otherwise, yes, I do like the lcd innovation.

#26 12 years ago

Amazing. I am ready for this. BRING IT!

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

Bwahahahaha! I think you're right! I hope they keep it there..LOL!

*mods please merge these two threads when you get a chance*

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

Now that WOULD be funny!

#30 12 years ago

Well ZA is going to incorporate the makers of the pin...

#31 12 years ago

Stern are going to look redder than an ACDC playfield when this comes out. A company that is 60+ years old being over shadowed by a brand new pinball that is the first game made by JJ. Dare i say I wouldnt miss Stern one bit if the entire company went down like that of previous pinball manufacturers and JJ was the only one left on the scene....

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from Slaymetender:

They are going to have to trim the time down on the animations

maybe.. then again, playing twilight zone, the animation for multiball is a good 10 seconds or so. I'd imagine for in-play stuff the animation will be shorter.

#33 12 years ago

RGR, I feel the exact opposite. I want both companies to thrive and compete to bring the level up a few notches.

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Dare i say I wouldnt miss Stern one bit if the entire company went down like that of previous pinball manufacturers and JJ was the only one left on the scene....

I hope your wrong Stern has come out with many classic pins and the more companies making pins the better IMO.

#35 12 years ago

The more companies the better if you ask me. Good healthy competition for them, great quality games for us!

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

I see GS and Chuck Norris in the black hat.

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Stern are going to look redder than an ACDC playfield when this comes out. A company that is 60+ years old being over shadowed by a brand new pinball that is the first game made by JJ. Dare i say I wouldnt miss Stern one bit if the entire company went down like that of previous pinball manufacturers and JJ was the only one left on the scene....

Oh come on now.....

#38 12 years ago

No, that is not good. We want all the pinball makers we can get.... Choices!!!!!!

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

No, that is not good. We want all the pinball makers we can get.... Choices!!!!!!

They can all make great games,and it is better that way for pinheads!!

#40 12 years ago

Now that's a horse of a different color!

#41 12 years ago

I'm guessing and hoping that the sound on that clip will be greatly improved.

#42 12 years ago

WE have Pro to LE. We have LE. and now we have boutique speciality.
    STERN JJ jPOP

I think we should all be THRILLED! Currently we are able to buy NEW--------
    Tron
    Rolling Stones
    Iron Man
    4 Choices of TF
    4 Choices of AC/DC
    2 Choices of WOZ
    1 BHZA. 2 if you count cointakers.
    then we will have.....
    Avengers/xmen
    Resident Evil....
    Hobbit by one of them.....

All of this and 1.5 years ago we had iron man or Avatar to think about.... And those are great games by stern considering the gloomy outlook of pinball at the time.

We are lucky!

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

I'm guessing and hoping that the sound on that clip will be greatly improved.

What Youtube doesn't have great sound?

More worried about video portion...animation is great though.

#44 12 years ago

No I mean accompanying sound fx and music and someone saying MULTIBAAAALLLL!!!!

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

I'm pretty sure you'll hear all that. Yup definitely sure

#46 12 years ago

The music and fx and some voice perhaps are not in the clip yet. Loving it!!!

#47 12 years ago

Come on Doc....you know you are waiting to grab an LE! It's just a matter of time

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

I doubt that is the finished product.
    Not much use worrying about it.
    It's a teaser, and it was shared to create some buzz.

#49 12 years ago

Just a rough cut. They can't give us all the goods in perfect quality.

#50 12 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Stern Pinball has only been around (as a continuing company with some name/ownership changes) for about 25 years, not 60+. (Basically, Data East ---> Sega ---> Stern Pinball Inc)

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/emerald-city-multiball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.