• Latest reply 6 years ago by Pmuis
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

embryon (resized).jpg
#1 9 years ago

I just got my Embryon up and running, and am wondering what the best way to play it is. From the few games I've played, it seems like bonus is a big part of the score, like many Bally games of this era. My rule card is missing, so what's a good way to rack up some bonus and a multiplier? Is multiball worth going for? I'd love to hear any commentary anyone may have on how to play Embryon well.

#2 9 years ago

Get the ball up to the upper right flipper and hit the targets as many times as possible on balls 1 & 2.

On ball 3 hit the center captive ball to light lock, shoot above upper flipper for lock, then right captive for multi.

#3 9 years ago

Avoid the middle trapped ball target at all costs.
There is nothing you can do there you cannot do elsewhere on the playfield that matters.

Aim for the top right or left everytime.
Right: One saucer hit lites the shell targets for add bonus and leaves you with a good second shot at the 3 drop bank - which is the whole game.

Left: Spinner, bonus multiplier, EB, points, and no dangerous action from the pops.

Middle: Drain bait. Fun shot, flash lights, advances EMRBYON blue targs faster, scores points and lights the 4 green stationaries for add bonus, but DANGEROUS. You will drain dead middle every 3 hits or so.

#4 9 years ago

I like lighting up the EMBRYON letters because they are 5k each. Doing the whole cycle twice lights the lower special lights. It's too bad multiball isn't much of a mode but it's fun. I like to get the top left extra ball light flashing and leaving it for when I need it. The lower left drops are so hard to get and the reward is small. The wheel is the most important part of the game. The saucer at the top is 10k and the rollovers near it when lit are 1k each.

#5 9 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the info! Seems like going for the top of the playfield is about as safe a strategy as I thought.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

No way, I LOVE slamming on the center target over and over...
-mof

#7 9 years ago

Shoot the ball into the unlit capture saucer to light the top right rollovers for bonus advances. Once you do that, do nothing but shoot the saucer from the left flipper and the spinner from the right lower flipper. On some machines you can even backhand the saucer from the lower right flipper which is recommended until you max out the bonus. When the ball is in the upper flipper area, aim for the drops and the upper bonus X area. Do this over and over until you win. Completely ignore multiball; it's not worth the risk at all.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

+1

Quoted from KevinDDR:

Shoot the ball into the unlit capture saucer to light the top right rollovers for bonus advances.

+1 too...

... and get the bonus multiplier.

#9 9 years ago

I think there's a custom rom with 2x scoring during multiball, but not positive where to get it. The 7-dig mod is here -

http://www.pinball4you.ch/okaegi/pro_soft.html

#10 9 years ago

Are there any resources for disassembling the code? It would interesting to take a peak.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from noahpdavis:

I think there's a custom rom with 2x scoring during multiball, but not positive where to get it. The 7-dig mod is here -
http://www.pinball4you.ch/okaegi/pro_soft.html

I think the 7 digit rom is the one that does 2x MB scoring too.

#12 9 years ago

I have the 7 digit mod in my Embryon and I have never noticed any 2x multiball scoring.

The 7 digit mod is awesome and adds a whole new dimension to the game.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

I have the 7 digit mod in my Embryon and I have never noticed any 2x multiball scoring.
The 7 digit mod is awesome and adds a whole new dimension to the game.

Does it add anything else beyond the 7th digit?

1 week later
#14 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

No way, I LOVE slamming on the center target over and over...
-mof

Exactly. If you hit it the right way, you won't drain.

[EDIT: Extended sexual metaphor redacted]

2 years later
#15 7 years ago

Hey guys. I got another question. I own a embryon now and I can't find these things out:
When collecting embryon letters, hitting both standup targets in the chamber lites the popbumpers but the score for the pops doesn't increase. So why is that? Also I can't find out if the selftest settings 20-22 do anything or not. Anybody know?

I can confirm that 7 digit mod rom does not enable 2x scoring. I send the guy from pinball4you an email regarding this when I did my 7 digit mod how to video.

#16 7 years ago

Right flipper always shoot left orbit to get multipliers. Left flipper always shoot right orbit to upper flipper to hit target bank. That's it. Don't bother for multiball.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Right flipper always shoot left orbit to get multipliers. Left flipper always shoot right orbit to upper flipper to hit target bank. That's it. Don't bother for multiball.

Man, that takes most of the fun out of that game. For entertainment purposes, for *me*, it's ALL about starting the M-B. I guess if you're competing for points M-B might become irrelevant (almost all games have aspects to be ignored in a competition setting), but for fun factor go for multiball! So the above becomes left flipper to lock eject, right flipper backhand to upper flipper, mow the bank, spot letters then crack the captive to finish letters then lock & release.

Personal opinion...no offense by the down vote...simple disagreement.

#18 7 years ago

I have my spinner rip up to 60 revolutions. Not quite 80 like some Williams machines. So 60,000 when lit.
Mof

#19 7 years ago

I disagree with the "only two shots and mb not worth it" sooo much. But I don't want go into it just yet because I'm planning to make a video of gameplay in the next few weeks. I'll post a link here.

I'm still looking for answers on the quetions about settings en lighting pops though

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Man, that takes most of the fun out of that game. For entertainment purposes, for *me*, it's ALL about starting the M-B. I guess if you're competing for points M-B might become irrelevant (almost all games have aspects to be ignored in a competition setting), but for fun factor go for multiball! So the above becomes left flipper to lock eject, right flipper backhand to upper flipper, mow the bank, spot letters then crack the captive to finish letters then lock & release.
Personal opinion...no offense by the down vote...simple disagreement.

I agree! That's the best part of the game. I owned it for years, and I loved just firing it up and going for multiball. Of course it's a sucker shot, but when it's in your house, who cares. Great game. Kind of miss it sometimes.

#21 7 years ago

When I post a game play video of my Embryon, (with a brand new invention from Cliffy), you'll see it's not a sucker shot at all. I'll nail it 7 for 7, get control, and nail the saucer, like a boss.

-mof

#22 7 years ago

Here's a teaser:

embryon (resized).jpgembryon (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#23 6 years ago

So what's the new invention?

#24 6 years ago

Real life has been kicking my ass lately... Will return to pinball more in June, hopefully.
-mof

1 month later
#25 6 years ago

Finally edited the video. I'm not great at video editing but I think I says what I wanted it to say

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-strategy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.