(Topic ID: 137410)

Embryon Reset Frustrations - Finally Solved!

By Hi-Fi

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Hi-Fi
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Embryon_SwitchMatrix_ID.jpg
Embryon_SwitchMatrix_All.jpg
embryon (resized).jpg
embryon_sound.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hi-Fi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

My Embryon has been plagued with what seems like random reset issues. Sometimes it will just skip to another player mid-ball during a multiplayer game. Sometimes it will just start a whole new game in the middle of a game. Other times it will just randomly slam tilt itself in the middle of a game.

I rebuilt the connectors to the power supply board. I just recently installed a Rottendog rectifier board because my old one had a hack done to it and looked a little roached out.

What other things could possibly causing these issues. I'm getting frustrated. I need to get this game reliable for league play.

#10 8 years ago

Ok, dumb question.. Can I check the diodes using a DMM while they are still connected to the switches? I may have to just grind it out and test them all. This has been going on a long time and I have tried to pay attention if it is a particular switch but it seems complety random.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

#11 8 years ago

Sometimes when it skips to the next player it adds up the bonus and then just starts adding points to the next player. So it's acting like a ball drain??

1 week later
#13 8 years ago

I tested all the diodes... They were ok. I put a new 5101 chip in and now my sounds are messed up!! There is no background sound and I just get bleeps and bloops when switches are rolled over. WTF??

Help!!

#15 8 years ago

Thanks!! I was reading in the manual for trouble shooting for no sound but I didn't see that section. I think I was just freakin' out a little. This thing has been a thorn in my side for a long time. I didn't need any other problems. Haha

1 year later
#17 7 years ago

Ok, I see it's been almost a year and I never tracked down what caused this issue until tonight!!

Here are the crazy things that happen.

The following things happen when the right flipper is held up and the following switches are activated.

- "A" rollover switch is activated the upper saucer fires.
- "special" in left in lane causes a game tilt
- "B" rollover acts like a ball drain
- "Special" in right out lane causes another player to be added mid-game.

Ok, now how the heck do I fix this???

#21 7 years ago

I don't think I checked the diodes on the coin door. I can't remember. I will have to recheck them.

Is it possible that the matrix switch next to the EOS switch is wired wrong?

#25 7 years ago

I was referring to the second stacked switch on the right flipper. When the EOS opens this switch closes. At least I think it is supposed to close. That's how it's set to work on my machine.

I'm not sure if the drop targets affect anything. The problem seems to center around the right flipper. Everything works as normal unless the right flipper is up. Then the switches mentioned above act strange.

#30 7 years ago

I can't believe it but the issue is finally solved! It was a stuck coin switch on coin shoot #2!! Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread helping me try and figure out what was wrong and how to fix it.

It's crazy how those coin door switches can cause so much havoc. I have an EM that was acting crazy and it was all due to a closed switch on the coindoor also.

Now when something is broke instead of saying "it's probably just a fuse" I'm going to go with "it's probably a stuck coin door switch."

Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 90.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hi-Fi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-reset-frustrations?tu=Hi-Fi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.