(Topic ID: 90979)

Embryon plastic help needed! ( a scan or a pic)

By zeiram

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0348.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0345.JPG
IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0343.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I am helping a friend restore an Embryon and I lost a part. The little clear center plastic in the "brain?" area. It looks like a football. Can anyone out there do me a solid and scan it or send me a good pic of it? When she reads this she is going to either be bummed or laugh. Thanks in advance! Chris

#2 9 years ago

IMGP6798 (Medium).JPGIMGP6798 (Medium).JPG

is this the piece you are looking for? My Embryon is in pieces right now, so I'll have to find that piece and get you a better pic this weekend.

#3 9 years ago

I can prolly do you better and sell you the plastic do you need any others?

#4 9 years ago

Would you happen to have a playfield?

#5 9 years ago

sorry only playfield i have let for embryon now is the one in my machine i restored the other one in the one i restored for the Embryon i restored and sold in the embryon owners and restoration club thread im still traumatized from that rebuild lol but im going to restore my machine when i get time as well.

#6 9 years ago

Yeah... my Embryon is on the back burner for now... been working on a Data East Secret Service, which I now have playable. I'm scared now about the Embryon rebuild, it's been apart for 5 years, but I finally finished out my basement and will soon bring the pieces there and start putting it back together. Playfield is in terrible shape, but I'm thinking I may try my hand at recreating the artwork. It's in such bad shape I don't think that I can hurt it anymore.

Thanks!

#7 9 years ago

Thanks Leelaw and Hellfife!

Yea I really only need a pic or a scan. I have a ton of lexan around and I can whip one up in a sec. I think it would cost at least a couple of bucks to ship it and I was hoping to have it done this weekend!

Thanks again!
Chris

#8 9 years ago

If no one gets it to you before the weekend... I'll find mine tomorrow (Friday) and get you several angles with a ruler.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from leelaw:

Yeah... my Embryon is on the back burner for now... been working on a Data East Secret Service, which I now have playable. I'm scared now about the Embryon rebuild, it's been apart for 5 years, but I finally finished out my basement and will soon bring the pieces there and start putting it back together. Playfield is in terrible shape, but I'm thinking I may try my hand at recreating the artwork. It's in such bad shape I don't think that I can hurt it anymore.

Thanks!

Check here some other pinsiders have done scans and made replacement overlays i think they are on page 3-4
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-owners-club-fans-also-welcome

Quoted from zeiram:

Yea I really only need a pic or a scan. I have a ton of lexan around and I can whip one up in a sec. I think it would cost at least a couple of bucks to ship it and I was hoping to have it done this weekend!

Thanks again!
Chris

if you make one remember the football is offset so fit it with even spaceing between the rails in the chamber both sides are different and mismatched.

#10 9 years ago

I'm laughing Chris. No worries. Though when it resurfaces, it might be nice to tack the old melted one to the arcade wall, like what they used to do at the library (at least the library where I grew up) with the misshapen records people left in their cars...

#11 9 years ago

Hey wait a minute! How did you find this thread?????

Yea it is a different Embryon I am working on Rachel. Your plastic is still just fine!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from leelaw:

If no one gets it to you before the weekend... I'll find mine tomorrow (Friday) and get you several angles with a ruler.

Thanks Leelaw! That would be a great help!

Rock on!
Chris

#13 9 years ago

Hope these help. Let me know if you need further pics. It will likely be Saturday (5/17) morning before I get a chance to check back in.
IMG_0334.JPGIMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0335.JPGIMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0336.JPGIMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0337.JPGIMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPGIMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0339.JPGIMG_0339.JPG
IMG_0340.JPGIMG_0340.JPG
IMG_0341.JPGIMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0342.JPGIMG_0342.JPG
IMG_0343.JPGIMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0344.JPGIMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0345.JPGIMG_0345.JPG
IMG_0346.JPGIMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0347.JPGIMG_0347.JPG
IMG_0348.JPGIMG_0348.JPG
IMG_0349.JPGIMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0350.JPGIMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0351.JPGIMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0352.JPGIMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0353.JPGIMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0354.JPGIMG_0354.JPG
IMG_0355.JPGIMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0331.JPGIMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0332.JPGIMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0333.JPGIMG_0333.JPG

#14 9 years ago

Rumor has CPR coming out with a set of plastics for Embryon at some point......
No playfields though, dammit. Too wide for their sanding equipment.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-plastic-help-needed-a-scan-or-a-pic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.