IMG_20230818_010214925 (resized).jpg
embryon (resized).jpg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7123 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).jpg
BF91E0D4-D7DF-44C6-899C-45F117F6EB26 (resized).jpeg
3628C1C8-372F-4F63-8057-FBF8BC40A13A (resized).jpeg
99D58CF7-9BE9-4645-812B-92128CDA9D1C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rottenrobert1313.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#503 4 years ago

Im wondering if anyone else has ran into this with the xpin 7volution displays.

So my 6 digit displays worked fine, but I was rolling the scores a little easy so I made the game harder by making it harder to score extra balls, but was still able to roll score so I got the xpin 7digit displays. But here is the problem...when hooked up I have lights on the playfield that lock on and others that are off. The connector at J1 on cpu that the xpin boards plug into use some pins for the auxiliary light board. I remove the xpin boards and connect J1 and lights work as the should. I've also changed out the cpu for an Alltek and have the same results. Just to make sure it wasn't my mpu. Seems strange...looking at the back of the xpin boards, you can see where the traces run straight across...pin for pin for pins 11thru19. The ones that I believe are for the auxiliary light board.

I've contacted xpin and they are looking into it, but if anyone here has seen this and could help with any input I'd appreciate it?

1 week later
#507 4 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Rottenrober1313:
I could never get them to work after multiple attempts. It did cause harm to the sound board. Your post stirs almost forgotten memory’s.
It’s really too bad. I really wanted it to work.
Sorry I have no solution to your issue. I wish you luck.

Hey thanks for the response. I guess I'll send them back. I have one week left to do so. To bad...I also really wanted them to work.

2 weeks later
#518 4 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Im wondering if anyone else has ran into this with the xpin 7volution displays.
So my 6 digit displays worked fine, but I was rolling the scores a little easy so I made the game harder by making it harder to score extra balls, but was still able to roll score so I got the xpin 7digit displays. But here is the problem...when hooked up I have lights on the playfield that lock on and others that are off. The connector at J1 on cpu that the xpin boards plug into use some pins for the auxiliary light board. I remove the xpin boards and connect J1 and lights work as the should. I've also changed out the cpu for an Alltek and have the same results. Just to make sure it wasn't my mpu. Seems strange...looking at the back of the xpin boards, you can see where the traces run straight across...pin for pin for pins 11thru19. The ones that I believe are for the auxiliary light board.
I've contacted xpin and they are looking into it, but if anyone here has seen this and could help with any input I'd appreciate it?

Update on the Xpin 7volution displays. After a few emails and a phone call with Brett at Xpin. He's tracked down the issue when it comes to these displays in Embryon. Sent me a board to try out and the playfield lights are working as they should. I couldn't be happier with the trouble he went through to get to the bottom of the issue. Any of my games that need new displays, I'm going to Xpin from here on out.
20191224_131718 (resized).jpg20191224_131718 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#530 4 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:What was the issue you had? I just ordered the 7volution displays for mine and I’m likely not going to have my machine to a testable state for at least a Couple months. Anything I should be preparing for??

I'll repost my original issue from up above.

(So my 6 digit displays worked fine, but I was rolling the scores a little easy so I made the game harder by making it harder to score extra balls, but was still able to roll score so I got the xpin 7digit displays. But here is the problem...when hooked up I have lights on the playfield that lock on and others that are off. The connector at J1 on cpu that the xpin boards plug into use some pins for the auxiliary light board. I remove the xpin boards and connect J1 and lights work as the should. I've also changed out the cpu for an Alltek and have the same results. Just to make sure it wasn't my mpu. Seems strange...looking at the back of the xpin boards, you can see where the traces run straight across...pin for pin for pins 11thru19. The ones that I believe are for the auxiliary light board.)

So the issue was that pin 8 or 9 I can't remember which. Uses a trace that's in the middle of the xpin board. This trace should run straight across pin to pin. But in the boards that connection is lost. So Brett sent me a modified xpin board with a small jumper. I believe he's going to make the changes necessary in future boards to fix the issue permanently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rottenrobert1313.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=rottenrobert1313 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.