Topic Stats

• 558 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by HoakyPoaky
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 297 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

emb (resized).JPG
DE05FA1B-38CA-4521-B0A8-1FF494D89E60 (resized).jpeg
20191224_131718 (resized).jpg
3DEBD815-1269-4EFF-81A5-6C7798C20AD2 (resized).jpeg
3471CBE7-EA0A-41E9-9E0C-E41CAAB56429 (resized).jpeg
2BD67F18-9967-478B-A995-A2F0CBC6BEAE (resized).jpeg
4CCE3E4D-B2C3-4DC9-BE3E-75D65C771BF1 (resized).jpeg
5D38700B-64DF-4B7E-93E0-79771A1947B8 (resized).jpeg
09DDC0E8-448D-42D1-9A1C-19B50E8B2D76 (resized).jpeg
7DC40790-9985-41E2-8E56-FB0F2B205860 (resized).jpeg
A2794E95-F57F-402F-94A9-7461DCBC4D3D (resized).jpeg
C767163D-C319-4ED6-AFAC-8E4822997AEB (resized).jpeg
67725698-AC6A-405E-A578-3970DAB95953 (resized).jpeg
2019-10-22 13_10_01-Flipper Return Frames (resized).png
11EC7FDF-0FF2-4139-BABF-FBD7DAE2A960 (resized).jpeg
BEF9433B-B12F-4A5D-866C-3B7C7E4E0F1D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#239 5 years ago

Hi guys, my first post and glad to see there is an embryon club. Not many in Australia at the moment so I'm lucky to have one. Its not perfect with a bit lf planking and wear near the star rollovers. I plan to fix this in the near future, so may need help with a scan or two if possible. Currently restoring my apron as rusted badly, but not happy with my experimental waterslide decals, so will keep you posted if I have an success.

I will try and post some photos soon of my game

Btw how does one know when CPR releases the plastic set. Is it just a matter of regularly visiting their site? Thanks

#241 5 years ago

here are a few mediocre photos of my game.

picture058-511.jpg
embryon bg new-403.jpg
embryon3-110.jpg
embryon4-688.jpg
enbryon5-208.jpg
enbryon6-638.jpg

#244 5 years ago

not calling the game that, just my poor photo skills. thanks for the compliment btw

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

I wonder how many of the 2250 of the games have survived since 1980-1981. Cannot be too many.

About 5 in Australia

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

This guy needs new apron decals. Has anyone talked to pinball rescue about printing up some "blue on clear" to help us out?
-mof
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-what-not-to-do-with-your-apron

I'm new to the forum so you may already have an answer to this. I tried pin rescue but they said they didn't have an plans on doing an embryon set. I am guessing because all the others they have seem to be standard size aprons and not wide bodied.

3 weeks later
#253 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstronomy:

Hey Embryon! It's Six now then. He he......
Mines just come in from the USA, keep you posted. I pick it up tomoz morning.
It's crated and packed like the ark of the covinent out of Indy jones...he he, my mates just got to check it over and convert the power.
Loading it with Cointaker Frostys. Makes these baby's GLOW!

Great news well done

#254 5 years ago

Hey guys, just bought 2 led flashers for my embryon centre piece but if I install these in the middle section of the chamber no flashers work. If I install them in the top two only those flash. If I install standard flashers they all work. Am I missing something here? Thanks

#257 5 years ago

thanks guys I thought it was due to some sort of voltage deficiency.

3 months later
#309 5 years ago

Hope to add some pictures of my restored playfield some time soon. Just went in with a great Aussie restorer

2 months later
#321 5 years ago

Placed my order with the australian distributor so hops there's enough for us

5 months later
#341 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I'm in. Picked up a really nice one a week ago and tore into it immediately. I am getting close to putting her back together. there are some elements I am adding that should make it pretty damn cool. I just ordered a new set of plastics so I will have the old ones available. they're actually pretty nice but slightly yellowed. I am going to create a restore thread and will post it here too.

I bought a set, but wasn't absolutely impressed. The clarity and quality of the scans miss the mark. Definitely an improvement if you have missing or broken plastics but maybe keep your originals until you site these. They may be pretty good once installed from the playing angle. I haven't installed mine yet as waiting for my playfield to be returned from resto work

1 week later
#346 4 years ago

Great looking game. I hope mine turns out half as good and I'll be over the moon. Thanks for sharing.

I haven't used mine yet so I may be a little picky with my comments on the artwork quality. Will be interested on our's comments that have purchased cpr plastics. BTW, was there any problems with fitting these ie. I had funhouse ones and from memory one or two plastics were missing a hole and/or hard to fit. Any heads up would be appreciated. Thanks

#348 4 years ago

You've help a lot with the colour led pre selection for me. I like the effects you have. Did you need to do anything to the lamp driver or replace it with an altek? Also did you led the backglass? Thanks

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I used these for the flicker only because I have 5 or 6 original lamp driver boards laying around.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/MB-07-010
In retrospect I should have just replaced the board with an altek for a few reasons. 1. all new components 2. these double the amount of connections. for an extra 50 bucks I think it's worth it.
GI is comet single smd natural except in the uterus thing where I used 2 green twin smd and 2 red twin smd's. Under the PF I used twin smd's in all the inserts. I ran out of color matching ones so I just used white because the inserts were in very nice shape.
Left incandescents in the back box. I don't like that too bright and reflecting off the glass

Thanks for all the advise. Looks like I'll try to find an altek in oz as seems the way to go. Btw what do you mean it will double the connections?

#356 4 years ago

Been working on my Apron and have just completed the artwork. Still not sure if its a go or maybe refine it further. Here are some pictures.WP_20150907_15_00_38_Pro.jpg
WP_20150907_15_01_09_Pro_2.jpg

1 week later
#360 4 years ago

Extra ball/drop target memory is available on the switch settings.

#361 4 years ago

Special when lit is when you max out your bonuses I think. Its been a while since playing as my game is in resto mode.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I believe you earn the letters in Embryon twice and it lights. You do not have to start multiball but you might have to lock the ball in the saucer at least once to get it to work. I have that Special set to give a free ball.

Dunno, I thought lighting embryon a second time lights the specials in the outlanes.? The other special is simple get to 49k bonus and the next advance bonus is special, match or extra ball depending on what you have set

1 week later
#365 4 years ago

Finished job on the apron

apron finished.jpg

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

The apron looks nice. Did you use a decal to re-do the artwork?

Thanks, yes this is a decal I got made up.

2 weeks later
#380 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPall007:

Howdy, Embyron folk. I just bought a nice Embryon which is fully functional. However, I haven't figured out what activates the flashing light on the right flipper when the ball is locked. Anybody know the secret?

I am assuming you mean the round clear insert on the apron, like the credit insert on the left. This will only light if you are playing 2 or more player games. When a player locks a ball but does not complete multiball and drains his current ball. The right insert apron will flash for the next player to instruct them to press the right button to release and play the other player's locked ball. That way you cannot achieve multiball through the work of others. The original player will need to relock the ball.

2 weeks later
#388 4 years ago

Will post some better shots of the restored pf during the day time. Two photos of the troubled areas and the other of the final productWIN_20151104_200143.JPG
WIN_20141130_134910.JPG
WIN_20141130_134940.JPG

2 weeks later
#393 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Hey "Embryon", who resorted your playfield?

Hot rodded pins in oz

1 month later
#395 4 years ago

Here is an update for those maybe interested. Pf damage has been fixed and pf clear coated. It plays nice and quicker.
Sorry but for some reason the right sides of the photos have been cropped???

WP_20151104_19_57_34_Pro_(resized).jpg
WP_20151104_19_57_27_Pro_(resized).jpg
WP_20151104_19_57_22_Pro_(resized).jpg

#396 4 years ago

Still playing with leds but she is all back together

WP_20160101_18_39_23_Pro_(resized).jpg

WP_20160101_18_39_08_Pro_(resized).jpg

7 months later
#409 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

anybody got a embryon backglass, doesn't have to be perfect

I do but I'm too far away

1 year later
#421 2 years ago

just confirm, you are only playing a one player game when this happens? If not look at the apron and see if a light is flashing saying press a flipper to release the ball.

2 months later
#452 2 years ago

I'm betting the machine as a whole is pretty nice apart from the loom being cut. If its been in Canton a good part of its life those guys don't play pinball. Be like a HUO game

9 months later
#463 1 year ago

Hi guys, I have a set of used original embryon playfield plastics for sale as I purchased a repro set. To be honest I was not happy with the quality of artwork on the repros at all but it doesn't matter now as I sold the game.

So was wondering if anyone was interested, the catch is I'm in Australia!! All plastics are in great condition, the clear sections have yellowed as per normal. Only the clear plastic that surrounded the flashers in the middle section is cooked and I have made a new replacement.

Anyway please let me know if you're interested. I can also post photos if wanted

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Would have thought you would have given the new owner the old set as well...

If I knew where they were at the time I may have. You still have the game?

6 months later
#485 11 months ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Correction - several YEARS they have been relisted

yes been watching them for at least 4 years

6 months later
#538 5 months ago
Quoted from dluth:

Just installed the ROM and it’s nice to have 2x scoring in multiball and the light show and added speech and sounds at the start of multiball is cool. I didn’t do the 7 digit change as I have set it to 3 ball and I’m not good enough to get 1m+ that often for it to matter.
It was version 92 250811. I can post video of the multiball start if anyone’s interested.

Yes please

3 months later
#545 42 days ago

Oh I miss my game. But can you confirm, the left lane that feeds to the flipper, there is a plastic there that seems to be missing the rubber. I see on your game the inlane can be fed the usual way or through that plastic. Did you leave the rubber off or is it factory? I'm intetested to know whether I had this incorrectly setup or not. Thank you

#548 40 days ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Per the manual: Two 1" rubbers under that plastic. A sneaky pathway that most people don't even realize is there. Comes in very handy!
[quoted image]
PS: How can someone with the Pinsider name Embryon SELL their Embryon? Sounds like the definition of an oxymoron! You need to get another one

wow wish I noticed this when I had the game. Another nice touch in the game. Re name it is what it is. Moved house, smaller house, wife wants second pinball room for office, good bye, rfm, swep1, bally space invaders and embryon. I like the newer games for gameplay unfortunately so they stayed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 90.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside