IMG_20230818_010214925 (resized).jpg
embryon (resized).jpg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7123 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).jpg
BF91E0D4-D7DF-44C6-899C-45F117F6EB26 (resized).jpeg
3628C1C8-372F-4F63-8057-FBF8BC40A13A (resized).jpeg
99D58CF7-9BE9-4645-812B-92128CDA9D1C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HoakyPoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#490 4 years ago

Looks like a can finally join the club! I gave up looking a long time ago but was lucky to acquire one in a trade last weekend Purple tinted backglass, 7 digit LED displays, pretty nice playfield with no major ware areas. This one isn’t going anywhere.

Looking forward to reading through this thread when I get a chance. Some things I’d like to change on it after I finish another restoration. Deserves to look gorgeous.
BEF9433B-B12F-4A5D-866C-3B7C7E4E0F1D (resized).jpegBEF9433B-B12F-4A5D-866C-3B7C7E4E0F1D (resized).jpeg

#492 4 years ago

I’m not sure, but it’s one of the reasons I need to read this thread. I believe there are different tinted back glasses (pink, dark purple & blue) depending on what part of the production run it was manufactured.

4 months later
#521 4 years ago

This may have been discussed before, but as anyone ever heard any rumblings from CPR about reproducing Embryon playfields? Given the fact that they are producing widebody playfields for Paragon & Space Invaders, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch for them to do Embryon someday.

1 week later
#529 4 years ago

That's a really good idea. Haven't seen anyone do that before. I bet its also easier to bounce them into the stand up target.

4 months later
#544 3 years ago

Just realized I never posted my Embryon photos after doing some improvements during quarantine. Then I realized I didn’t because I Must have deleted them. Yikes! But here’s what I did, along with a video I shot.

1. Two white powerballs in the vagina.
2. Flex green LED to light the locked ball saucer, tied into the green arrow insert
3. Red LED spotlight pointed at the spinner, tied into arrow insert. Spotlight dome cut to fit flat & under the glass.
4. Flex pink Dual-LED to light the standup targets in the vagina, tied into spot letter insert
5. Cool white LED strip in the apron to light the flipper area
6. Clear posts & red post LEDs tied into the 3 center pop lamps
7. Blue pop bumper disc LEDs in all the pops
8. Cool white frosted LEDs in the GI
9. 2SMD Color matched LEDs in all the inserts, except pink LEDs in the orange inserts.
10. Various cool white & colored frosted LEDs in the backbox
11. 4 Fire effect red LEDs in the backbox
12. Altek lamp & aux driver boards to eliminate flicker

...the video does not do it justice. Looks much better in person. All bulbs were from Comet. I LOVE the effect of the red LEDs in the clear posts that turn on & off with the pop bumpers. Hope it gives some of you some ideas. Enjoy!

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Oh I miss my game. But can you confirm, the left lane that feeds to the flipper, there is a plastic there that seems to be missing the rubber. I see on your game the inlane can be fed the usual way or through that plastic. Did you leave the rubber off or is it factory? I'm intetested to know whether I had this incorrectly setup or not. Thank you

Per the manual: Two 1" rubbers under that plastic. A sneaky pathway that most people don't even realize is there. Comes in very handy!

emb (resized).JPGemb (resized).JPG

PS: How can someone with the Pinsider name Embryon SELL their Embryon? Sounds like the definition of an oxymoron! You need to get another one

1 month later
#550 3 years ago

Do you mean me?

I just installed white Titan rubbers everywhere. I prefer the classic look on the early 80's games. I've only put clear rubbers on modern games.

As far as the flipper rubbers, Titan has two shades of blue...powder blue & dark blue. I think the powder blue matches the plastics better. I forgot to order 3 of them, so I put a red rubber on the upper flipper. I kind of like the way that turned out.

#551 3 years ago

For those of you who have installed the home rom...

Is there any visual indicator on the playfield that 2x scoring is running during multiball, such as making the green lock arrow blink during multiball? Just curious.

The added lightshow at multiball looks like a nice touch. Are there any other changes to the code or scoring, besides the 7-digit display option?

#553 3 years ago

There are multiple versions available to download on IPDB, although I'm not sure which is the correct one.

I'm assuming the 7-digit Version 9 is the most recent one with the new lightshow before multi-ball start

#554 3 years ago

Got the home ROM code installed last night. What a difference! Now there's actual incentive to start multiball for double scoring & getting the spinner lit for nice 2K point rips, bashing the vagina for points, etc etc. Just makes the greatest classic widebody even better. And the lightshow effect before multiball start is a nice touch too. As well as the updated Free Play option.

If you are on the fence, I would not hesitate to install it. Found on IPDB. However 7-digit displays are a must, because you'll be easily getting a million points or more with this code.

#558 3 years ago

It depends what type EPROMs are installed in U2 & U6. My guy burned the code to 2532 chips & my board had some previous work done to it & was wired differently. So we had to resolder & move some of the jumper wires to accommodate the 2532 chips.

Now I just need to install the nvram.weebly battery replacement memory chip & my Embryon will be done.

2 years later
#641 1 year ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

I heard Mirco out of Germany is in the process of making playfields. Might be ready by the end of the year.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Been waiting 4 years for him to make a run of Alien Star playfields that were "coming soon"

1 month later
#654 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

You know if anyone is working on recreating the backglass? Thats super unobtanium.

Reach out to Coos.

https://www.coos.net/bingo_e/Backglasses.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HoakyPoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=HoakyPoaky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.