embryon (resized).jpg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7123 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).jpg
BF91E0D4-D7DF-44C6-899C-45F117F6EB26 (resized).jpeg
3628C1C8-372F-4F63-8057-FBF8BC40A13A (resized).jpeg
99D58CF7-9BE9-4645-812B-92128CDA9D1C (resized).jpeg
AEC3646C-A039-47AE-8143-534B3F587D6E (resized).png

There are 696 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

No worries as I will switch it over to Altek when you sell me the game (lol)!

back off mr. hasty-pants. I told you a week lol. I have this baby singing right now. it's fuggin' AWSOME!!!

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I used these for the flicker only because I have 5 or 6 original lamp driver boards laying around.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/MB-07-010
In retrospect I should have just replaced the board with an altek for a few reasons. 1. all new components 2. these double the amount of connections. for an extra 50 bucks I think it's worth it.
GI is comet single smd natural except in the uterus thing where I used 2 green twin smd and 2 red twin smd's. Under the PF I used twin smd's in all the inserts. I ran out of color matching ones so I just used white because the inserts were in very nice shape.
Left incandescents in the back box. I don't like that too bright and reflecting off the glass

Thanks for all the advise. Looks like I'll try to find an altek in oz as seems the way to go. Btw what do you mean it will double the connections?

#353 8 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Thanks for all the advise. Looks like I'll try to find an altek in oz as seems the way to go. Btw what do you mean it will double the connections?

THOSE LITTLE BOARDS PIGGY BACK ONTO THE CONNECTIONS ON THE LAMP DRIVER BOARD. SO YOU PULL THE PLUGS OFF, PLUG THE BOARDS ONTO WHERE THE PLUGS CAME OFF THEN PLUG THE PLUGS ONTO THE NEW BOARDS

#354 8 years ago

My Embryon came with every Altek board you can get and I don't have anything piggy-backed onto anything.

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

My Embryon came with every Altek board you can get and I don't have anything piggy-backed onto anything.

read my post that started this topic:

"I used these for the flicker only because I have 5 or 6 original lamp driver boards laying around.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/MB-07-010
In retrospect I should have just replaced the board with an altek for a few reasons. 1. all new components 2. these double the amount of connections. for an extra 50 bucks I think it's worth it."

#356 8 years ago

Been working on my Apron and have just completed the artwork. Still not sure if its a go or maybe refine it further. Here are some pictures.WP_20150907_15_00_38_Pro.jpgWP_20150907_15_00_38_Pro.jpg
WP_20150907_15_01_09_Pro_2.jpgWP_20150907_15_01_09_Pro_2.jpg

1 week later
#358 8 years ago

Strategery.

I tried earning a free ball on the left-bank of targets for the first time ever. Every 3-4 balls I can get all 3 targets down, but I cannot figure out how in the world to score the captive ball shot. And then you have to do this 4x on ONE ball???

I hope there's a memory setting for it, that's the first thing I'll change. I like to make it fun to reach free balls in games, and not have it just be a score-related free ball.

My closest shot was live-shooting a backhand, I think that had enough force, but now were talking crazy low % shot.

-mof

#359 8 years ago

NEXT question...

Much easier one...

WTF does the red "special when lit" mean when it's lit -- red insert in the middle of the PF -- how do I earn a special at that point?

thanks,
mof

#360 8 years ago

Extra ball/drop target memory is available on the switch settings.

#361 8 years ago

Special when lit is when you max out your bonuses I think. Its been a while since playing as my game is in resto mode.

#362 8 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Special when lit is when you max out your bonuses I think. Its been a while since playing as my game is in resto mode.

ok so how do you earn it.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

ok so how do you earn it.

I believe you earn the letters in Embryon twice and it lights. You do not have to start multiball but you might have to lock the ball in the saucer at least once to get it to work. I have that Special set to give a free ball.

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I believe you earn the letters in Embryon twice and it lights. You do not have to start multiball but you might have to lock the ball in the saucer at least once to get it to work. I have that Special set to give a free ball.

Dunno, I thought lighting embryon a second time lights the specials in the outlanes.? The other special is simple get to 49k bonus and the next advance bonus is special, match or extra ball depending on what you have set

1 week later
#365 8 years ago

Finished job on the apron

apron finished.jpgapron finished.jpg

#366 8 years ago

The apron looks nice. Did you use a decal to re-do the artwork?

#367 8 years ago

The displays on my Embryon do not light up. Any ideas what I should check? Thanks

#368 8 years ago

start with connectors on aux lamp driver>lamp driver>power supply board. wiggle them first to see if you get a reaction

#369 8 years ago

Thank you.. I'll try this when I get home..

#370 8 years ago

if you wanna get all nerdy 'n sh-t you can check to see if there's 190 volts at the test point on the power supply then trace it back... or just cheat like I do

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

The apron looks nice. Did you use a decal to re-do the artwork?

Thanks, yes this is a decal I got made up.

#372 8 years ago

Hello to all. Could someone please send me a detail pic of de S&T board? Y got problems with mine on my embryon. And in the web can't find one. Much appreciated.!

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Thanks, yes this is a decal I got made up.

Any chance I could buy a copy of that decal from you?

#374 8 years ago

I picked one of these up over the summer. Has anyone had any luck removing the Mylar on the playfield without destroying the artwork?

#375 8 years ago

I'm in, finally. The wait was long but worth it.

DSC02109.jpgDSC02109.jpg

1 week later
#376 8 years ago

Howdy, Embyron folk. I just bought a nice Embryon which is fully functional. However, I haven't figured out what activates the flashing light on the right flipper when the ball is locked. Anybody know the secret?

#377 8 years ago

Hit the two lower inlanes A & B, then the "flip save" feature should light.

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm in, finally. The wait was long but worth it.

DSC02109.jpg

Welcome. I have had mine since 2010 & it still gets played with vigor. Great game, gotta love those early 80's Bally's!

#379 8 years ago
Quoted from Chad1970:

I picked one of these up over the summer. Has anyone had any luck removing the Mylar on the playfield without destroying the artwork?

My 1st Embryon I started using freeze spray & art was coming up... I then used a heat gun... holding it about 5 inches from mylar & lifting slow... worked super.

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from PinPall007:

Howdy, Embyron folk. I just bought a nice Embryon which is fully functional. However, I haven't figured out what activates the flashing light on the right flipper when the ball is locked. Anybody know the secret?

I am assuming you mean the round clear insert on the apron, like the credit insert on the left. This will only light if you are playing 2 or more player games. When a player locks a ball but does not complete multiball and drains his current ball. The right insert apron will flash for the next player to instruct them to press the right button to release and play the other player's locked ball. That way you cannot achieve multiball through the work of others. The original player will need to relock the ball.

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I am assuming you mean the round clear insert on the apron, like the credit insert on the left.

Yes, Embyon. That was the answer I sought. Thank you very much!

#382 8 years ago

I can't tell if my Embryon is in a test mode or if something is very wrong. If there is a ball in the troft.. I can press the red button on the inside door & the different solenoids will activate.. if I press again.. the display goes through a test.. sometimes if I press the right flipper the right sling will activate. Any help would be appreciated.

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

sometimes if I press the right flipper the right sling will activate. Any help would be appreciated.

I have this too, but the right flipper will trigger the furthest left pop bumper, if I was to leave the ball in the shooter lane and just hit the flipper over and over it would eventually trigger that pop?

#384 8 years ago

Yes.. I have that issue also.. at times if I press the right flipper the left popper will activate over & over... hmmmm

#385 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-fires-with-flipper-activity
My embryon does the same thing, but I only get a few pops per game.
My Fireball Classic was really bad with a pop and a sling shot phantoming also.

#386 8 years ago

Go to post 155 in that thread for a summary.

#387 8 years ago

I like that apron decal - I need to do mine too, as I have some surface rust.

2 weeks later
#388 8 years ago

Will post some better shots of the restored pf during the day time. Two photos of the troubled areas and the other of the final productWIN_20151104_200143.JPGWIN_20151104_200143.JPG
WIN_20141130_134910.JPGWIN_20141130_134910.JPG
WIN_20141130_134940.JPGWIN_20141130_134940.JPG

#389 8 years ago

Who designed Embryon?

2 weeks later
#390 8 years ago

Hey "Embryon", who resorted your playfield?

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Who designed Embryon?

Tony Ramunni designed the artwork. Cant remember who designed the game itself.

#393 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Hey "Embryon", who resorted your playfield?

Hot rodded pins in oz

2 weeks later
#394 8 years ago

This is my Embryon (youtube link) it is as nice as it gets and has the lamp driver board now. I am getting more into the more modern games and I am thinking of selling it. I paid a pretty penny for it and the restoration and I want to be realistic as to what it is worth or what would be an appropriate asking price. If you have any ideas, please feel free to PM me.

1 month later
#395 8 years ago

Here is an update for those maybe interested. Pf damage has been fixed and pf clear coated. It plays nice and quicker.
Sorry but for some reason the right sides of the photos have been cropped???

WP_20151104_19_57_34_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20151104_19_57_34_Pro_(resized).jpg
WP_20151104_19_57_27_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20151104_19_57_27_Pro_(resized).jpg
WP_20151104_19_57_22_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20151104_19_57_22_Pro_(resized).jpg

#396 8 years ago

Still playing with leds but she is all back together

WP_20160101_18_39_23_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160101_18_39_23_Pro_(resized).jpg

WP_20160101_18_39_08_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160101_18_39_08_Pro_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#397 8 years ago

Can someone tell me about the backglass storey, how many variations, and whitch one is rarest?
Would see some pics too

#399 8 years ago

Hi DEN,

There are 3 backglasses as far as I have learned. The blue that you have, one a little more purple and a purple one. If you do a search there is more info here on Pinside.

Fin maskin samling du har der!

#400 8 years ago

Jo tak og i lige måde )

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
There are 696 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.