IMG_20230818_010214925 (resized).jpg
embryon (resized).jpg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7123 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).jpg
BF91E0D4-D7DF-44C6-899C-45F117F6EB26 (resized).jpeg
3628C1C8-372F-4F63-8057-FBF8BC40A13A (resized).jpeg
99D58CF7-9BE9-4645-812B-92128CDA9D1C (resized).jpeg
There are 703 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from conester:

So the other day I was playing my Embryon and the left pop started just going crazy...even when the ball wasn't hitting the skirt. I ended up shutting the game off and turning it back on to get it to stop. I figured the switch was adjusted too close so I adjusted it and when I tested it, the pop won't even fire now when I hit the switch. I tested the solenoids in test mode and the pop fires then, so I'm trying to figure out what might cause this. Any ideas?

Many times the capacitor on the switch goes crazy.

Cut one leg, if random firing stops, replace the cap.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

You could solder a 500 ohm resistor on each of the LED light sockets so the stock board will work but I would rather have the advantage of less amperage draw on the power supply with the correct Altek board.

You realise the altek board has just as much or more amperage draw than the resistor mod right? on the altek board they have added a 470 Ohm shunt to every output pin doing the same thing as adding a resistor to the affected sockets.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

I can't seem to find any of the old bally lamp sockets, I will need a few new ones. probably just use the newer style.

I usualy replace all the 555 sockets when I restore one of my machines (see pic) If you need some of the originals get a hold of me i have boxes full of ones i have stripped off other playfields.922251_608809345796170_876667331_o.jpg922251_608809345796170_876667331_o.jpg

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

I usualy replace all the 555 sockets when I restore one of my machines (see pic) If you need some of the originals get a hold of me i have boxes full of ones i have stripped off other playfields.

922251_608809345796170_876667331... 135 KB

Hellfire, thats a beautiful job, I am impressed, what kind off tape is that that you are using for
the lights, I have not seen that before, neat, no staples, I'm figuring you put a 470 ohm resistor
across all the sockets, and can use the original light board with LED's. Do you have a picture of the whole playfield with the tape pattern, I am thinking of going this way also
Geeze this pin is turning into a Money pit, but I love it!!

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

I usualy replace all the 555 sockets when I restore one of my machines

Yep, I do the same thing.

Change 555 into 47 sockets and be done with the crappy Bally socket misery.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

You realise the altek board has just as much or more amperage draw than the resistor mod right? on the altek board they have added a 470 Ohm shunt to every output pin doing the same thing as adding a resistor to the affected sockets.

Yes with the Alltek board there is no need to add resistors to each light socket. This only needs to be done with the OEM board with LEDs.

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

I usually replace all the 555 sockets when I restore one of my machines (see pic) If you need some of the originals get a hold of me i have boxes full of ones i have stripped off other playfields.

That looks really cool - can you say more about what you've done here, why, and what the advantages are?

-mof

#308 9 years ago

Hey, has there been any updates on the possibility of new plastics or a repro glass from CPR? Thx

2 weeks later
#309 9 years ago

Hope to add some pictures of my restored playfield some time soon. Just went in with a great Aussie restorer

1 month later
#310 9 years ago

I think I have a bad #555 socket. Does anyone have a source for new ones or an equivalent 44/47 replacement? Thanks

#312 9 years ago

Here's mine, it was in storage for 7 years.
It's was a project machine and i worked 1 month on it to make it
working nicely. The 7 digits conversion done.
Next winter, i would like to restore the playfield. It's a very nice example with a full mylar.

IMG_6251.JPGIMG_6251.JPG IMG_6254.JPGIMG_6254.JPG IMG_6255.JPGIMG_6255.JPG
1 week later
#313 9 years ago

Ok guys ( and gals )......We are now ready to announce that we have released our new Embryon Plastics.....

EMBRYON Plastics:
18-piece extended set, genuine 7-color ink-silkscreened on laser cut PETG. Includes doubled slings, clears, and a custom key fob. Vivid colors and brand new, perfect replacement for scratched, yellowed, broken, or incomplete Embryon plastics sets. Protective coatings unpeeled.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

Stu
CPR Art Director
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#314 9 years ago

Awesome.... I'll be ordering a set this spring.

#315 9 years ago

This is perfect timing, I just recently got my playfield back from HSA , was planning on starting the rebuild this week! HSA's work is just fantastic, my playfield looks better than new! I'll be ordering plastics

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Ok guys ( and gals )......We are now ready to announce that we have released our new Embryon Plastics.....

Stu - I see on CPR's website that you guys now have a 50" sander. Big enough to do the widebody playfields. Any plans to reproduce Embryon to go along with these plastics?

#317 9 years ago

Thanks for asking about a repro Embryon pf. I could use one myself.

Also... a couple of my upper plastic pieces are warped & 1 is broke (clean line) in the center. Can this type of issue be repaired w a heat gun & super glue?

#318 9 years ago

nudge...

#319 9 years ago

Well CPR wont confirm any products that are over 18 months out but i would hope or a fresh CPR playfield for mine so i dont have to restore another one lol. but if they are making them I will want one as well.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Stu, this is amazing news!!! Just ordered my CPR plastics. Grabbing them while they are in stock now. Can't imagine you will have too many in stock. I mean c'mon, only 2250 of these games were ever made, how many could have possibly survived since 1981?

Can't wait to check them out!!!

#321 9 years ago

Placed my order with the australian distributor so hops there's enough for us

#322 9 years ago

Has anyone received the plastics yet?
Want some feedback on quality before I order.....

#323 9 years ago

Haven't received mine yet. Placed the order Wednesday. Hopefully see it monday or tuesday. Unfortunately CPR has a good catalog website but a non existant full functional ecommerce site with shop cart, checkout, and inventory awareness engine in the background. I would hope id get a UPS tracking# to my paypal email once it ships.

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

I would hope id get a UPS tracking# to my paypal email once it ships.

Typicly Ups tracking works on north american shipments but alot of carriers dont have very good tracking info on international shipments that go overseas. Many seem to end up in limbo once they go overseas unless you pay for a premium shipping method.

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Typicly Ups tracking works on north american shipments but alot of carriers dont have very good tracking info on international shipments that go overseas. Many seem to end up in limbo once they go overseas unless you pay for a premium shipping method.

I ama logistics manager by day, supply chain is my expertise of 10 years. Yes international you lose visibility due to the multiple transfer points between drayage, container, steamship lines, back to port, and out for delivery by truck. Premium ship methods like air cargo is easy, and expensive. Truck to air, air lands, onto truck, out to you.

#326 9 years ago

EDIT: Is CPR located in Novia Scotia Canada? I thought they were out of CA?? I should see it Monday once it arrives to the Watertown delivery terminal, then out to my house. Just weird it would be coming from there unless CPR is drop shipping from a 3rd party vendor who has the plastics in stock.

Plattsburgh, NY, United States 03/13/2015 2:18 P.M. Import Scan
03/13/2015 11:45 A.M. Arrival Scan
Lachine, QC, Canada 03/13/2015 7:48 A.M. Departure Scan
Lachine, QC, Canada 03/12/2015 7:56 P.M. Export Scan
03/12/2015 1:54 P.M. Arrival Scan
Dieppe, NB, Canada 03/12/2015 3:00 A.M. Departure Scan
Dieppe, NB, Canada 03/11/2015 11:30 P.M. Arrival Scan
Dartmouth, NS, Canada 03/11/2015 8:40 P.M. Departure Scan
03/11/2015 7:35 P.M. Origin Scan
Canada 03/11/2015 5:23 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

#327 9 years ago

Just became a member of the club! My wife and I love this game. I just recently put LED's in the game. I used Comet's "sunlight" bulbs for the GI. For the inserts I used Pinballcenter's "Superflux Noflix Plus". I have the original light boards and I only have some very slight flicker in 3 or 4 of the lower bonus wheel light. No other flicker issues with the inserts. I did try to place some LED's under the two middle rollover lane plastics and they strobed like crazy. I am going to try the parrellel resistor trick on those. For the pop bumpers I tried Comet's ice blue but I ended up using PinballCenter's "teal blue". It matches the blue of the pop bumper caps perfectly. They also have a turquoise color that I would like to try some day. image.jpgimage.jpg

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Just became a member of the club!

Welcome to the awesomeness that is embryon!!!
-mof

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Just became a member of the club!

Welcome! Very cool looking with the LEDs, do you have the stock lamp driver board still or did you swap for the Alltek board?

I want LED's eventually myself, maybe leave the GI's incandescent. The cost for good non ghosting LEDs though is steep. Still can't deny how bad ass it looks! Congrats!

#330 9 years ago

Pinwiz, I have the stock lamp driver board. I'm super happy with the Pinballcenter's super flux noflix plus LED's. I think they are the perfect brightness for inserts and like I mentioned above I only have very slight flicker in 4 of the small bonus wheel lights. Not too bad, I was expecting a lot worse from the stories I heard about the early Bally's. Just an FYI, when looking at prices on Pinballcenter's website the prices shown include a 19% European sales tax that you do not have to pay. If you create an account with them the prices will show up cheaper without the sales tax.
If you want to look stateside, Comet also has a bulb that is similar to super flux. I don't have experience with them so I do not know how they compare to the Noflix.

#331 9 years ago

I joined the club today and brought home a nice Embryon! It's nice overall, but not working. Game won't boot. I need to service the boards. More pics later.

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

IMG_3001.JPGIMG_3001.JPG
IMG_3012.jpgIMG_3012.jpg
IMG_3053.JPGIMG_3053.JPG

#332 9 years ago

Here are some more pics...

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

IMG_3086.JPGIMG_3086.JPG
IMG_3014.JPGIMG_3014.JPG
IMG_3015.JPGIMG_3015.JPG
IMG_3016.JPGIMG_3016.JPG
IMG_3056.JPGIMG_3056.JPG
IMG_3058.JPGIMG_3058.JPG
IMG_3059.JPGIMG_3059.JPG
IMG_3049.JPGIMG_3049.JPG
IMG_3071.JPGIMG_3071.JPG

1 week later
#333 9 years ago

Looking for some experts to assist me with an issue on my Embryon. The game works perfectly now that I have an Alltek board on loan until mine is repaired. My issue is that on ball 1, I plunge the ball and as soon as it hits a stand up target (not the rollovers), the SHOOT AGAIN light comes on and stays lit until ball 1 drains and then it goes off, but does award me another ball.

It's acting like a ball save that stays on forever or I'm earning an extra ball for no reason, but only does it for ball 1 only. Anyone else ever see this?

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#334 9 years ago

I am guessing that you have it set to a replay earns an extra ball and the replay is set very low.

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I am guessing that you have it set to a replay earns an extra ball and the replay is set very low.

YEP. Nice sleuthing. Someone did that to "coin up" instead of just adding credits.
-mof

#336 9 years ago

Sure enough! The replay settings were wrong. Corrected and we are now playing Embryon!

Thanks everyone!

2 months later
#337 8 years ago

Such a great game. Walked up after not playing it a few weeks, an put up a million last night (2 free balls) and of course didn't break 200k after that...

I tried to earn a free ball off the left drops, and ALMOST got it. I was testing to see whether that is truly a sucker shot, and I decided I would not rate it as such, compared to say, shooting an angled center 3-drop with the left flipper (Gorgar/Taxi, etc)

I think I almost threw out my shoulder trying to nudge the game a little. Such a beast.

I will keep dreaming of CPR re-doing this PF in the future. I'll be the first in line.

Still in my top-20 all time...

-mof

1 month later
#338 8 years ago

Is CPR doing the backglass? Does anyone have a nice BG for sale that will ship?

2 weeks later
#339 8 years ago

I'm in. Picked up a really nice one a week ago and tore into it immediately. I am getting close to putting her back together. there are some elements I am adding that should make it pretty damn cool. I just ordered a new set of plastics so I will have the old ones available. they're actually pretty nice but slightly yellowed. I am going to create a restore thread and will post it here too.

#340 8 years ago

Welcome!!

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I'm in. Picked up a really nice one a week ago and tore into it immediately. I am getting close to putting her back together. there are some elements I am adding that should make it pretty damn cool. I just ordered a new set of plastics so I will have the old ones available. they're actually pretty nice but slightly yellowed. I am going to create a restore thread and will post it here too.

I bought a set, but wasn't absolutely impressed. The clarity and quality of the scans miss the mark. Definitely an improvement if you have missing or broken plastics but maybe keep your originals until you site these. They may be pretty good once installed from the playing angle. I haven't installed mine yet as waiting for my playfield to be returned from resto work

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I bought a set, but wasn't absolutely impressed. The clarity and quality of the scans miss the mark. Definitely an improvement if you have missing or broken plastics but maybe keep your originals until you site these. They may be pretty good once installed from the playing angle. I haven't installed mine yet as waiting for my playfield to be returned from resto work

hmmm bummer. I got them in yestersay but havent peeled off the backing to look at them. my old ones are basically perfect aside from the slight yellow tinge. what I am doing with this game I don't want anything to look old. I will post some pics when I get the pf put back together. Here's where I am at now. I am grinding away to have it done by sunday night

20150819_225620_resized.jpg20150819_225620_resized.jpg

20150827_003240_resized.jpg20150827_003240_resized.jpg

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

EMBRYON Plastics:
18-piece extended set, genuine 7-color ink-silkscreened on laser cut PETG. Includes doubled slings, clears, and a custom key fob. Vivid colors and brand new, perfect replacement for scratched, yellowed, broken, or incomplete Embryon plastics sets. Protective coatings unpeeled.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html
Stu
CPR Art Director
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

bought them. they can be seen on my machine here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medhigh-end-restoration-embryon#post-2654526

#345 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

hmmm bummer. I got them in yestersay but havent peeled off the backing to look at them. my old ones are basically perfect aside from the slight yellow tinge. what I am doing with this game I don't want anything to look old. I will post some pics when I get the pf put back together. Here's where I am at now. I am grinding away to have it done by sunday night

20150819_225620_resized.jpg 20150827_003240_resized.jpg

i think the plastics from cpr look good. my old ones were in nice shape but just slightly yellowed. check it out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medhigh-end-restoration-embryon#post-2654526

#346 8 years ago

Great looking game. I hope mine turns out half as good and I'll be over the moon. Thanks for sharing.

I haven't used mine yet so I may be a little picky with my comments on the artwork quality. Will be interested on our's comments that have purchased cpr plastics. BTW, was there any problems with fitting these ie. I had funhouse ones and from memory one or two plastics were missing a hole and/or hard to fit. Any heads up would be appreciated. Thanks

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Great looking game. I hope mine turns out half as good and I'll be over the moon. Thanks for sharing.
I haven't used mine yet so I may be a little picky with my comments on the artwork quality. Will be interested on our's comments that have purchased cpr plastics. BTW, was there any problems with fitting these ie. I had Funhouse ones and from memory one or two plastics were missing a hole and/or hard to fit. Any heads up would be appreciated. Thanks

they fit perfect on mine and they look great in my opinion.

20150901_171142_resized.jpg20150901_171142_resized.jpg

20150901_170818_resized.jpg20150901_170818_resized.jpg

#348 8 years ago

You've help a lot with the colour led pre selection for me. I like the effects you have. Did you need to do anything to the lamp driver or replace it with an altek? Also did you led the backglass? Thanks

#349 8 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

You've help a lot with the colour led pre selection for me. I like the effects you have. Did you need to do anything to the lamp driver or replace it with an altek? Also did you led the backglass? Thanks

I used these for the flicker only because I have 5 or 6 original lamp driver boards laying around.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/MB-07-010

In retrospect I should have just replaced the board with an altek for a few reasons. 1. all new components 2. these double the amount of connections. for an extra 50 bucks I think it's worth it.

GI is comet single smd natural except in the uterus thing where I used 2 green twin smd and 2 red twin smd's. Under the PF I used twin smd's in all the inserts. I ran out of color matching ones so I just used white because the inserts were in very nice shape.

Left incandescents in the back box. I don't like that too bright and reflecting off the glass

#350 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I used these for the flicker only because I have 5 or 6 original lamp driver boards laying around.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/MB-07-010
In retrospect I should have just replaced the board with an altek for a few reasons. 1. all new components 2. these double the amount of connections. for an extra 50 bucks I think it's worth it.
GI is comet single smd natural except in the uterus thing where I used 2 green twin smd and 2 red twin smd's. Under the PF I used twin smd's in all the inserts. I ran out of color matching ones so I just used white because the inserts were in very nice shape.
Left incandescents in the back box. I don't like that too bright and reflecting off the glass

No worries as I will switch it over to Altek when you sell me the game (lol)!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 703 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.