IMG_20230818_010214925 (resized).jpg
embryon (resized).jpg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7123 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).jpg
BF91E0D4-D7DF-44C6-899C-45F117F6EB26 (resized).jpeg
3628C1C8-372F-4F63-8057-FBF8BC40A13A (resized).jpeg
99D58CF7-9BE9-4645-812B-92128CDA9D1C (resized).jpeg
There are 703 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
#101 10 years ago

I was over at spybryon's house rebuilding flippers with him, and noticed he sorely needs new flipper return frames.

Do you have ball hop in your Embryon at all? Take a close look at your flipper return frames and see how smooth the top edge is... I have gone through all my machines and I've purchased new frames from Cliffy to get the smoothest play possible.

If you'd like a new set, please post here, and PM me. thanks!

I'd like to put a pre-order list together and help arrange to get a new set built by Cliffy who lives near me.

thanks!
-mof

#102 10 years ago

Its not realy required to get new flipper bases most of the time the bases can be rebuild swapping sides with fresh holes. the only real concern is if the plate is warped or bent. I also drill a 3rd screw hole on the mounting edges to secure the assembly better to the bottom side of the playfield.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I was over at spybryon's house rebuilding flippers with him, and noticed he sorely needs new flipper return frames.
Do you have ball hop in your Embryon at all? Take a close look at your flipper return frames and see how smooth the top edge is... I have gone through all my machines and I've purchased new frames from Cliffy to get the smoothest play possible.
If you'd like a new set, please post here, and PM me. thanks!
I'd like to put a pre-order list together and help arrange to get a new set built by Cliffy who lives near me.
thanks!
-mof

Thanks mof! Sign me up...

Also, pinside user EEE would like to be on the list.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

Thanks mof! Sign me up...
Also, pinside user EEE would like to be on the list.

Ok, good. That's three. Who else would like new flipper return frames?
-mof

#105 10 years ago

I would like a set please!

#106 10 years ago

Good News EMBRYON Fans....New CPR Plastics Coming Soon!

#107 10 years ago

Excellent!!

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I hope the plastic set comes with an awesome topper!

Now setup a kickstarter so we can all kick in for that drum sander so we can get widebody playfields!

Or the Embryon backglass would be swell as well.

As always thanks to Stu and CPR.

#109 10 years ago

No Topper, I'm not doing the artwork....

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

That is great news.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

CPR rocks!
Thanks Stu

#112 10 years ago

Hi
my game is missing the plastic to the left of the upper rollovers right as the ball would pass the one way gate from the spinner shot. If someone could scan that plastic so that I can make a new one that would be awesome.

Many thanks
Clive

#113 10 years ago

With the new CPR plastics coming out, you can probably wait and get a decent used one from someone on here. If you're not in a time crunch.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Awesome Stu! Thank you so much.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

SWEET! For a low production game (~2250) this game sure has been receiving a lot of attention lately. The back glass I'd love to see a repro done!

Stu, whos doing the artwork on this one?

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

SWEET! For a low production game (~2250) this game sure has been receiving a lot of attention lately.

That's because it's a kick ass game...

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

That's because it's a kick ass game...

Yup and im happy to own one!

#118 10 years ago

Quick manual reference question. My electronic version does not have the full schematic.

Which scr (ie Q__ on the lamp driver board) controls the A lane at the lower left and the Y in Embryon in the middle of the playfield.

Both of the controlled lamps are locked on and I need to replace the 2n5060, I believe.

Thanks

#119 10 years ago

You know you dont need the schematic just see what color the socket wire is find it on the light driver board and trace the pin to the transistor. every socket has its own unique colored wire on ballys.

#120 10 years ago

I'm also in the market for a backglass if someone has an extra. I don't care if it's pink, purple or blue. My purple one has the "scrambled egg" look.

#121 10 years ago

LOL, sorry, didn't mean to laugh at your glass, just the way you described it made me chuckle....hope you find one in decent condition....we have new repros coming but no idea of time-frame as I'm still working on the artwork....

Quoted from bjsilverballs:

"scrambled egg" look

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

we have new repros coming but no idea of time-frame as I'm still working on the artwork....

Yesssss thank you Stu!

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

LOL, sorry, didn't mean to laugh at your glass, just the way you described it made me chuckle....hope you find one in decent condition....we have new repros coming but no idea of time-frame as I'm still working on the artwork....

AHHH THIS IS GREAT!! My BG is like a 9.5 outta 10 but always scared as hell when I have to take it out for whatever reason to work on the electronics.

1 week later
#124 10 years ago

Can one of you recommend the components to replace on our sound board (or elsewhere)?

Our TP3 on the sound board shows a reading of versus 14.6 the 11.5vdc spec. I suspect that components associated with this is what is causing a static sound coming from the speaker. I can also say that if I unplug the J1 connector to the Auxiliary Lamp Driver Board, the static sometimes goes away.

I have a hum that sounds like power as well, but I suspect that might be a different issue, although if I unplug the speaker completely even the power sound goes away.

Other readings I get are
MPU tp2 is 14.7 versus 11.9

Other readings are pretty close, with the various 5vdc test points all measuring approx 5.26vdc.

Thanks for any insights or suggestions.

#125 10 years ago

Do the bridge rectifier mod on the rectifier board for the 12v unregulated power, and change all capacitors on the S&T sound board including the ceramics. You will need full electroyolic capacitor kit, then you will need around a 12x .1uf 2x 27pf, 2x 0.47uf, 1x 68pf and 1x 100pf, ceramics.

#126 10 years ago

Also replace the volume pot on the coin door. That fixed my hum and static problem in addition to a total recapping of the board.

#127 10 years ago

Room for one more in the club?

I'll open up a new thread in a week or so with the restoration progress. Lots of details to clean up, but game works and plays well. (At least it did at his house!) Haven't unwrapped it yet...

-mof

201403-EMB-unloading.jpg201403-EMB-unloading.jpg

#128 10 years ago

Nice mof! Eager to hear what you think of it.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

Nice mof! Eager to hear what you think of it.

I can't wait to form an opinion on this pin!

This example is a little rough, it will need ~15 hours of tough love to really get a sense of the game.

I've got it pitched, leveled, and new flipper assemblies on there, and that's it for now. It's a little creaky.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-a-light-40-hour-shop-job

-mof

#130 10 years ago

Twisted Pin Stencils for Embryon.
http://www.twistedpins.com/products/?ProductID=91

Can anyone vouch for this set being helpful ?

thanks!
-mof

#131 10 years ago

I used one of their sets recently on a Wizard restencil and it worked just fine.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Twisted Pin Stencils for Embryon.
http://www.twistedpins.com/products/?ProductID=91

Can anyone vouch for this set being helpful ?

thanks!
-mof

Yep I used a Centaur set they work nice just make sure your shop or garage is warm enough otherwise they might lift slightly.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Yep I used a Centaur set they work nice just make sure your shop or garage is warm enough otherwise they might lift slightly.

Out of curiosity, how long did you let your stencil dry before peeling it off?

#135 10 years ago

My new Embryon, not looking so good...

100_1146.JPG100_1146.JPG100_1143.JPG100_1143.JPGeb.jpgeb.jpg

#136 10 years ago

Just a flesh wound.... you can fix her!

#137 10 years ago

Yikes, was that one stored outside or something?

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Out of curiosity, how long did you let your stencil dry before peeling it off?

About 1 hour but i also use automotive bases so your paint might have a different cure time.

#139 10 years ago

I'm trying to get this Embryon set up for 3-ball, and three free balls at 400,000 - 700,000 - and 999,999 -- using front door adjustments 1,2,3.

I set 16 and 17 to "02" for "free ball"

I play to 400,000 and no free ball is given.

Is there some secret additional setting that must go along with setting 16 and 17?

#140 10 years ago

I think freeball on ballys has to be 500k plus in to activate. but on embryon you get a free ball or game every time you flip the machine anyway.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

I think freeball on ballys has to be 500k plus in to activate. but on embryon you get a free ball or game every time you flip the machine anyway.

The card I have is for 400,000 and 700,000 and I was hoping that I could translate the replay at those levels into free-balls ?

I guess I can go try a game with the glass off and see if it's giving the free game at 700,000.

-mof

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm trying to get this Embryon set up for 3-ball, and three free balls at 400,000 - 700,000 - and 999,999.
I set 16 and 17 to "02" for "free ball"
I play to 400,000 and no free ball is given.
Is there some secret additional setting that must go along with setting 16 and 17?

I think you have done it correctly. I have my machine set almost the same, 3 ball, and extra balls at 400k, 700k, and 900k and they all work fine. Have you set the actual scoring thresholds correctly via the front door adjustment (settings 01, 02, 03)? I always start with really small values so I can run them through quickly by hand with the glass off and then raise them to the final values I want.

Check dip switch 29, it turns on or off the award of a credit with reaching score thresholds, it may also control extra balls when replays are not selected.

One thing with these age of Bally's is they cannot remember multiple extra balls. If I light it by sinking the three upper right target for instance at the right time ad the extra ball light goes on and I then go over 400k, I only get the one free ball. I sometimes try to strategically lose my ball at the right time as a result.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I think you have done it correctly. I have my machine set almost the same, 3 ball, and extra balls at 400k, 700k, and 900k and they all work fine. Have you set the actual scoring thresholds correctly via the front door adjustment (settings 01, 02, 03)?

Yes.

Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I always start with really small values so I can run them through quickly by hand with the glass off and then raise them to the final values I want.

Not sure what you meant here -- which reminds me, how do you set the 1,2,3 scores to an exact number like 400,000. I think I had to settle for 396,380 etc...

Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

Check dip switch 29, it turns on or off the award of a credit with reaching score thresholds, it may also control extra balls when replays are not selected.

29 eh? Where do you reckon it ought to be, I'm at work, but I figure I have it set to "on"

Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

One thing with these age of Bally's is they cannot remember multiple extra balls. If I light it by sinking the three upper right target for instance at the right time ad the extra ball light goes on and I then go over 400k, I only get the one free ball. I sometimes try to strategically lose my ball at the right time as a result.

Really? That's very good to know.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

BJM-Maxx said:

That is definitely true. This came up just yesterday during the live Papa Circuit finals on papa tv. On Harlem Globetrotters, extra ball was turned on based on completing the GLOBE lights. It was also available by hitting all standups and collecting on the right slam dunk shot. Hilariously the games just went on forever! Those guys just kept the games going on extra balls and rolled it 2-3 times. However, extra balls could not be stacked. Only one extra ball at a time and if you earn it twice it won't stack.

At first Bowen was saying this was intentional and he wanted to see if someone would actually intentionally drain just before completing the GLOBE lights. Then he finally admitted they left EB on by accident, I was literally laughing out loud.

#145 10 years ago

Has anyone tried some lighting options for Embryon?
I'm currently 100% incandescent, and would like to hear about and see some options.
To start with, cool white or warm white GI, and why? or mix/match it?
I feel like there is a lot of dark green artwork that is hard to see in the center.
-mof

#146 10 years ago

7-digit displays.
Who's done and upgrade, and what's involved?
thanks!
-mof

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Yes.

Not sure what you meant here -- which reminds me, how do you set the 1,2,3 scores to an exact number like 400,000. I think I had to settle for 396,380 etc...

29 eh? Where do you reckon it ought to be, I'm at work, but I figure I have it set to "on"

When you first look at the scoring threshold, hit reset to make it a clean 0, then use the credit button to increment to what you want. I think Embryon counts in 10000 pt increments.

I think 29 should be on.

What I meant was to set the threshold to things like 20k, 40k, and 60k and with the glass off manually hit things to test the score threshold.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Has anyone tried some lighting options for Embryon?
I'm currently 100% incandescent, and would like to hear about and see some options.
To start with, cool white or warm white GI, and why? or mix/match it?
I feel like there is a lot of dark green artwork that is hard to see in the center.
-mof

I tried some cool white GI LEDs, and on Embryon it looks pretty reasonable but eventually switched to warm white LEDs. I ultimately put in LEDs everywhere. Under the orange inserts I tried some orange LEDs but it looked overly yellow so I switched to white to preserve the orange that I liked.

I just realized I don't have current pictures but here the left and right target GI is cool white LED and the slingshot areas are warm white LEDs. The insert lights are still 555s at this point. At the top you can glimpse some red GI LEDs at the shooter area and the left top GIs are orange.

IMG_2725.JPGIMG_2725.JPG

IMG_2726.JPGIMG_2726.JPG

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I tried some cool white GI LEDs, and on Embryon it looks pretty reasonable but eventually switched to warm white LEDs. I ultimately put in LEDs everywhere. Under the orange inserts I tried some orange LEDs but it looked overly yellow so I switched to white to preserve the orange that I liked.
I just realized I don't have current pictures but here the left and right target GI is cool white LED and the slingshot areas are warm white LEDs. The insert lights are still 555s at this point. At the top you can glimpse some red GI LEDs at the shooter area and the left top GIs are orange.

IMG_2726.JPG 305 KB
IMG_2725.JPG 327 KB

I like your approach.

Wait, what is that lit plastic in the apron?

-mof

#150 10 years ago

The lit light on the left is a common Bally credits available light. If you have credits on the machine, and the bulb works, then it is on. The one on the right side of the apron is a ball plunge from the saucer using the flipper button for a two + player games. You will seldom see it lit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 703 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.