IMG_20230818_010214925 (resized).jpg
embryon (resized).jpg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7123 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).jpg
BF91E0D4-D7DF-44C6-899C-45F117F6EB26 (resized).jpeg
3628C1C8-372F-4F63-8057-FBF8BC40A13A (resized).jpeg
99D58CF7-9BE9-4645-812B-92128CDA9D1C (resized).jpeg
There are 703 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

What do I do

Dremel and about ten minutes.
Be sure and polish them too.
Mof

#502 4 years ago

I have a brand new set of plastics that I won't be needing.
If interested, please pm me.
Thanks.

4 weeks later
#503 4 years ago

Im wondering if anyone else has ran into this with the xpin 7volution displays.

So my 6 digit displays worked fine, but I was rolling the scores a little easy so I made the game harder by making it harder to score extra balls, but was still able to roll score so I got the xpin 7digit displays. But here is the problem...when hooked up I have lights on the playfield that lock on and others that are off. The connector at J1 on cpu that the xpin boards plug into use some pins for the auxiliary light board. I remove the xpin boards and connect J1 and lights work as the should. I've also changed out the cpu for an Alltek and have the same results. Just to make sure it wasn't my mpu. Seems strange...looking at the back of the xpin boards, you can see where the traces run straight across...pin for pin for pins 11thru19. The ones that I believe are for the auxiliary light board.

I've contacted xpin and they are looking into it, but if anyone here has seen this and could help with any input I'd appreciate it?

1 week later
#504 4 years ago

has anyone found a good silver match for the cabinet ?

#505 4 years ago

Rottenrober1313:

I could never get them to work after multiple attempts. It did cause harm to the sound board. Your post stirs almost forgotten memory’s.

It’s really too bad. I really wanted it to work.

Sorry I have no solution to your issue. I wish you luck.

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from D8n-flipped:

has anyone found a good silver match for the cabinet ?

67725698-AC6A-405E-A578-3970DAB95953 (resized).jpeg67725698-AC6A-405E-A578-3970DAB95953 (resized).jpeg
#507 4 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Rottenrober1313:
I could never get them to work after multiple attempts. It did cause harm to the sound board. Your post stirs almost forgotten memory’s.
It’s really too bad. I really wanted it to work.
Sorry I have no solution to your issue. I wish you luck.

Hey thanks for the response. I guess I'll send them back. I have one week left to do so. To bad...I also really wanted them to work.

#509 4 years ago

Who sells the home rom for embryon? Thanks

#510 4 years ago

Posted this in a new topic but this seems like a good place instead;

I picked up an Embryon not too long ago that I haven’t had a chance to look at too much yet. Mechanically it seems okay but the Playfield is ROUGH. It was previously, poorly touched up and not protected. Pretty much all the inserts need attention too.
Does anyone have a high Res scan of the playfield I could use to create some overlay decals for the real bad parts?
Has anyone ever made replacements for the inserts? Is there a set available somewhere that I haven’t found yet? Or decals I could install and clear over?
Any suggestions here will help! Thanks in advance everyone.

7DC40790-9985-41E2-8E56-FB0F2B205860 (resized).jpeg7DC40790-9985-41E2-8E56-FB0F2B205860 (resized).jpegA2794E95-F57F-402F-94A9-7461DCBC4D3D (resized).jpegA2794E95-F57F-402F-94A9-7461DCBC4D3D (resized).jpegC767163D-C319-4ED6-AFAC-8E4822997AEB (resized).jpegC767163D-C319-4ED6-AFAC-8E4822997AEB (resized).jpeg
#511 4 years ago

Shill post: Dr Dave and I talk about Embryon in our latest podcast. About 1/2 way through we talk for about 9 minutes including 7 digit displays. The Classic Pinball Podcast. #19

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Shill post: Dr Dave and I talk about Embryon in our latest podcast. About 1/2 way through we talk for about 9 minutes including 7 digit displays. The Classic Pinball Podcast. #19

Thanks for the heads up, will give it a listen.

#513 4 years ago

Why is it that all Embryons look like they have had their playfields sanded with sandpaper? Even the "Home use only" ones (not saying they aren't "HUO" lol, that's another discussion).

And to be honest, I have seen a lot of nice Embryons, you just don't see them pop up for sale like most of the older pins now days... Mainly because Embryon was not a popular game on location (I remember one in my arcade and we never played it) and everyone hoards them now.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

thanks, I will definitely check this Podcast out!

#515 4 years ago

Here is my playfield

09DDC0E8-448D-42D1-9A1C-19B50E8B2D76 (resized).jpeg09DDC0E8-448D-42D1-9A1C-19B50E8B2D76 (resized).jpeg2BD67F18-9967-478B-A995-A2F0CBC6BEAE (resized).jpeg2BD67F18-9967-478B-A995-A2F0CBC6BEAE (resized).jpeg3471CBE7-EA0A-41E9-9E0C-E41CAAB56429 (resized).jpeg3471CBE7-EA0A-41E9-9E0C-E41CAAB56429 (resized).jpeg5D38700B-64DF-4B7E-93E0-79771A1947B8 (resized).jpeg5D38700B-64DF-4B7E-93E0-79771A1947B8 (resized).jpeg3DEBD815-1269-4EFF-81A5-6C7798C20AD2 (resized).jpeg3DEBD815-1269-4EFF-81A5-6C7798C20AD2 (resized).jpeg4CCE3E4D-B2C3-4DC9-BE3E-75D65C771BF1 (resized).jpeg4CCE3E4D-B2C3-4DC9-BE3E-75D65C771BF1 (resized).jpeg
#516 4 years ago

That is beautiful!!!
Very hard to find or have a Embryon pf in that condition. Wish someone would reproduce these.
-Mike

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Here is my playfield[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

nicest original playfield I have ever seen.

1 week later
#518 4 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Im wondering if anyone else has ran into this with the xpin 7volution displays.
So my 6 digit displays worked fine, but I was rolling the scores a little easy so I made the game harder by making it harder to score extra balls, but was still able to roll score so I got the xpin 7digit displays. But here is the problem...when hooked up I have lights on the playfield that lock on and others that are off. The connector at J1 on cpu that the xpin boards plug into use some pins for the auxiliary light board. I remove the xpin boards and connect J1 and lights work as the should. I've also changed out the cpu for an Alltek and have the same results. Just to make sure it wasn't my mpu. Seems strange...looking at the back of the xpin boards, you can see where the traces run straight across...pin for pin for pins 11thru19. The ones that I believe are for the auxiliary light board.
I've contacted xpin and they are looking into it, but if anyone here has seen this and could help with any input I'd appreciate it?

Update on the Xpin 7volution displays. After a few emails and a phone call with Brett at Xpin. He's tracked down the issue when it comes to these displays in Embryon. Sent me a board to try out and the playfield lights are working as they should. I couldn't be happier with the trouble he went through to get to the bottom of the issue. Any of my games that need new displays, I'm going to Xpin from here on out.
20191224_131718 (resized).jpg20191224_131718 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#520 4 years ago

does anyone have the playfield art files ?
I wanted to do the waterslide decal method on a extra playfield. Would hate to throw it away.

#521 4 years ago

This may have been discussed before, but as anyone ever heard any rumblings from CPR about reproducing Embryon playfields? Given the fact that they are producing widebody playfields for Paragon & Space Invaders, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch for them to do Embryon someday.

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from D8n-flipped:

does anyone have the playfield art files ?
I wanted to do the waterslide decal method on a extra playfield. Would hate to throw it away.

I have been trying to find some for years

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Here is my playfield[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That truly is a really nice original playfield. It was never restored right? Mine looks like that now, but only after a professional restore job from HSA Pinball (now retired but business under new ownership) to make it look new again.

#524 4 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Update on the Xpin 7volution displays. After a few emails and a phone call with Brett at Xpin. He's tracked down the issue when it comes to these displays in Embryon. Sent me a board to try out and the playfield lights are working as they should. I couldn't be happier with the trouble he went through to get to the bottom of the issue. Any of my games that need new displays, I'm going to Xpin from here on out.
[quoted image]

What was the issue you had? I just ordered the 7volution displays for mine and I’m likely not going to have my machine to a testable state for at least a Couple months. Anything I should be preparing for??

#525 4 years ago

Joined the club. Got the game completely non working but was able to figure out the issues for the most part.

DE05FA1B-38CA-4521-B0A8-1FF494D89E60 (resized).jpegDE05FA1B-38CA-4521-B0A8-1FF494D89E60 (resized).jpeg
#526 4 years ago

Jeez, no decals, no overlays..... this game needs a CPR playfield or a Hardtop!

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Joined the club. Got the game completely non working but was able to figure out the issues for the most part.[quoted image]

Creepy - they really look like eggs!
Are they TZ powerballs?

#529 4 years ago

That's a really good idea. Haven't seen anyone do that before. I bet its also easier to bounce them into the stand up target.

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:What was the issue you had? I just ordered the 7volution displays for mine and I’m likely not going to have my machine to a testable state for at least a Couple months. Anything I should be preparing for??

I'll repost my original issue from up above.

(So my 6 digit displays worked fine, but I was rolling the scores a little easy so I made the game harder by making it harder to score extra balls, but was still able to roll score so I got the xpin 7digit displays. But here is the problem...when hooked up I have lights on the playfield that lock on and others that are off. The connector at J1 on cpu that the xpin boards plug into use some pins for the auxiliary light board. I remove the xpin boards and connect J1 and lights work as the should. I've also changed out the cpu for an Alltek and have the same results. Just to make sure it wasn't my mpu. Seems strange...looking at the back of the xpin boards, you can see where the traces run straight across...pin for pin for pins 11thru19. The ones that I believe are for the auxiliary light board.)

So the issue was that pin 8 or 9 I can't remember which. Uses a trace that's in the middle of the xpin board. This trace should run straight across pin to pin. But in the boards that connection is lost. So Brett sent me a modified xpin board with a small jumper. I believe he's going to make the changes necessary in future boards to fix the issue permanently.

3 weeks later
#531 4 years ago

I keep hearing about a ROM that awards 2x scoring during multiball. But cannot find it anywhere. Does it exist?
To me this would be a game changer as multiball isn’t really worth going for at the moment (if you are playing for points - it is very satisfying to get it otherwise).
It would be nice also if the captive balls on the right and left were worth more to improve the risk/reward balance As they are totally not worth going for given the high likelihood of a drain off them - though I recognise the artwork says they are worth x.
Anyway, if anyone has any info on the 2x multiball ROM that would be great.

#532 4 years ago

Dave talked about the 2x rom in one of our podcasts. He thought it was included in the Weebly mpu. You might want to PM him. He might have information to contact the original source.

#534 4 years ago

Thank you!

#535 4 years ago

Thanks - the readme doesn’t mention 2x multiball though.

1 week later
#536 4 years ago

Just installed the ROM and it’s nice to have 2x scoring in multiball and the light show and added speech and sounds at the start of multiball is cool. I didn’t do the 7 digit change as I have set it to 3 ball and I’m not good enough to get 1m+ that often for it to matter.
It was version 92 250811. I can post video of the multiball start if anyone’s interested.

#537 4 years ago

anyone know of any playfields for this kicking about?

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Just installed the ROM and it’s nice to have 2x scoring in multiball and the light show and added speech and sounds at the start of multiball is cool. I didn’t do the 7 digit change as I have set it to 3 ball and I’m not good enough to get 1m+ that often for it to matter.
It was version 92 250811. I can post video of the multiball start if anyone’s interested.

Yes please

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Yep. Please post.

#540 4 years ago

So here’s the multiball start with the original ROM:

And here it is with the updated ROM:

1 month later
#541 4 years ago

I have a Pinball Pimp stencil kit that I never got around to. $150 shipped. PM me

Added over 4 years ago:

SOLD

1 month later
#542 3 years ago

What about the blue??

#543 3 years ago

does anyone know what screws to use for the apron ?

1 month later
#544 3 years ago

Just realized I never posted my Embryon photos after doing some improvements during quarantine. Then I realized I didn’t because I Must have deleted them. Yikes! But here’s what I did, along with a video I shot.

1. Two white powerballs in the vagina.
2. Flex green LED to light the locked ball saucer, tied into the green arrow insert
3. Red LED spotlight pointed at the spinner, tied into arrow insert. Spotlight dome cut to fit flat & under the glass.
4. Flex pink Dual-LED to light the standup targets in the vagina, tied into spot letter insert
5. Cool white LED strip in the apron to light the flipper area
6. Clear posts & red post LEDs tied into the 3 center pop lamps
7. Blue pop bumper disc LEDs in all the pops
8. Cool white frosted LEDs in the GI
9. 2SMD Color matched LEDs in all the inserts, except pink LEDs in the orange inserts.
10. Various cool white & colored frosted LEDs in the backbox
11. 4 Fire effect red LEDs in the backbox
12. Altek lamp & aux driver boards to eliminate flicker

...the video does not do it justice. Looks much better in person. All bulbs were from Comet. I LOVE the effect of the red LEDs in the clear posts that turn on & off with the pop bumpers. Hope it gives some of you some ideas. Enjoy!

#545 3 years ago

Oh I miss my game. But can you confirm, the left lane that feeds to the flipper, there is a plastic there that seems to be missing the rubber. I see on your game the inlane can be fed the usual way or through that plastic. Did you leave the rubber off or is it factory? I'm intetested to know whether I had this incorrectly setup or not. Thank you

#546 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the sound ROMs for Embryon that are on the IPDB are good? I'm working on my sound board and have a couple of speech calls that are missing / garbage and everything else is checking out.

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Oh I miss my game. But can you confirm, the left lane that feeds to the flipper, there is a plastic there that seems to be missing the rubber. I see on your game the inlane can be fed the usual way or through that plastic. Did you leave the rubber off or is it factory? I'm intetested to know whether I had this incorrectly setup or not. Thank you

Per the manual: Two 1" rubbers under that plastic. A sneaky pathway that most people don't even realize is there. Comes in very handy!

emb (resized).JPGemb (resized).JPG

PS: How can someone with the Pinsider name Embryon SELL their Embryon? Sounds like the definition of an oxymoron! You need to get another one

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Per the manual: Two 1" rubbers under that plastic. A sneaky pathway that most people don't even realize is there. Comes in very handy!
[quoted image]
PS: How can someone with the Pinsider name Embryon SELL their Embryon? Sounds like the definition of an oxymoron! You need to get another one

wow wish I noticed this when I had the game. Another nice touch in the game. Re name it is what it is. Moved house, smaller house, wife wants second pinball room for office, good bye, rfm, swep1, bally space invaders and embryon. I like the newer games for gameplay unfortunately so they stayed.

1 month later
#549 3 years ago

Can you post some pictures of Titan competition rings you've installed?

I am thinking of doing clear but not sure if clear would look right on the flipper bats.

#550 3 years ago

Do you mean me?

I just installed white Titan rubbers everywhere. I prefer the classic look on the early 80's games. I've only put clear rubbers on modern games.

As far as the flipper rubbers, Titan has two shades of blue...powder blue & dark blue. I think the powder blue matches the plastics better. I forgot to order 3 of them, so I put a red rubber on the upper flipper. I kind of like the way that turned out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 703 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/11?hl=d8n-flipped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.