embryon (resized).jpg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7123 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).jpg
BF91E0D4-D7DF-44C6-899C-45F117F6EB26 (resized).jpeg
3628C1C8-372F-4F63-8057-FBF8BC40A13A (resized).jpeg
99D58CF7-9BE9-4645-812B-92128CDA9D1C (resized).jpeg
AEC3646C-A039-47AE-8143-534B3F587D6E (resized).png

There are 696 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 6 years ago

Playfield looks pretty good!

#452 6 years ago

I'm betting the machine as a whole is pretty nice apart from the loom being cut. If its been in Canton a good part of its life those guys don't play pinball. Be like a HUO game

#453 6 years ago

It hasn't been powered on in at least 8-10 years. And I can't complain, the previous owner shopped it, so it's already got new rubbers, star posts, etc.

Just waiting on a new rectifier board to start troubleshooting this fellow!

#454 6 years ago

Joined the club. Bought a nice embryon yesterday. Works 100% mostly restored.

39BD08ED-5929-497F-B2D6-8586EC948ABC (resized).jpeg39BD08ED-5929-497F-B2D6-8586EC948ABC (resized).jpeg

EA6DE0D3-115D-4325-A1BA-189EF02AB39E (resized).jpegEA6DE0D3-115D-4325-A1BA-189EF02AB39E (resized).jpeg

CE275FD0-F0B0-4FBB-8331-EC597542AF42 (resized).jpegCE275FD0-F0B0-4FBB-8331-EC597542AF42 (resized).jpeg

FC210865-65C7-4522-81E1-BC8A786E13FF (resized).jpegFC210865-65C7-4522-81E1-BC8A786E13FF (resized).jpeg

09AA869A-FEE1-42F0-ADFD-C64837CED4B5 (resized).jpeg09AA869A-FEE1-42F0-ADFD-C64837CED4B5 (resized).jpeg

7F92BA56-39B7-4549-9CC3-D9FBD2B813A7 (resized).jpeg7F92BA56-39B7-4549-9CC3-D9FBD2B813A7 (resized).jpeg

A83D35B8-C0D6-4E67-AF5F-E0210651592B (resized).jpegA83D35B8-C0D6-4E67-AF5F-E0210651592B (resized).jpeg

CB96C37D-CDDD-4A9F-966D-604C3B17B9EB (resized).jpegCB96C37D-CDDD-4A9F-966D-604C3B17B9EB (resized).jpeg

#455 6 years ago

Should there be a diode on the right flipper button?

Edit: Yes, there should be.

1 month later
#456 5 years ago

I'd love to join this club if anyone is selling PM me.

3 months later
#457 5 years ago

Maybe its on here somewhere but, why did the play field wear so bad on the inserts up in the right top corner? Seems like there is a lot of area that the ball could go other than just over the yellow multiplier insert.....just curious if anybody knows of a reason other than the obvious high traffic area....

IMG_5471 (resized).JPGIMG_5471 (resized).JPG
#458 5 years ago
Quoted from TooFiddyMan:

Maybe its on here somewhere but, why did the play field wear so bad on the inserts up in the right top corner? Seems like there is a lot of area that the ball could go other than just over the yellow multiplier insert.....just curious if anybody knows of a reason other than the obvious high traffic area....
[quoted image]

Super common wear area on Embryon.
It gets a LOT of action up there. Loose & or sunken inserts are the main culprit.

#459 5 years ago

I’ve got a great embryon project if anyone is interested....

2 weeks later
#460 5 years ago

Help. I have an Embryon that is having sound issues. It just repeats the sound test.....over and over...never stops, even during game play. We put a Bally AS-2518-61 Squawk & Talk Capacitor Kit w/trimmer pots on it and it didn't help. When you run the sound test it just does the same....it doesn't make any sounds tho, just voice. I am not a seasoned pro at fixing pins yet, sorta new into it so I am a little lost as what to do. Any help would be great!

1 month later
#461 5 years ago

Embryon "Human Embryos growing" concept on an episode of Ancient Aliens!

IMG_1125 (resized).JPGIMG_1125 (resized).JPG
3 months later
#463 5 years ago

Hi guys, I have a set of used original embryon playfield plastics for sale as I purchased a repro set. To be honest I was not happy with the quality of artwork on the repros at all but it doesn't matter now as I sold the game.

So was wondering if anyone was interested, the catch is I'm in Australia!! All plastics are in great condition, the clear sections have yellowed as per normal. Only the clear plastic that surrounded the flashers in the middle section is cooked and I have made a new replacement.

Anyway please let me know if you're interested. I can also post photos if wanted

#464 5 years ago

Would have thought you would have given the new owner the old set as well...

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Would have thought you would have given the new owner the old set as well...

If I knew where they were at the time I may have. You still have the game?

#466 5 years ago

Yes still have it that would be great thanks. Address sent via pm.

3 weeks later
#467 5 years ago

New Embryon owner here! Mine had been sitting for years, but isn’t in too bad of shape considering. Typical wear near the upper flipper/ drops. Got it cleaned up/waxed and replaced the old balls (some of the captive balls were really rough), but haven’t decided what to do about the wear spots. Sound and speech weren’t working, but those both turned out to be bad pots on the sound board. Got most of the lights working (probably need a few new sockets).
The rubbers were dry rotted so I ordered a new set from one of the major parts vendors. Started installing them last night and noticed they had crossed out and not included the 5” rubber. This is clearly called out in the manual as type “I” and shown to go above the left drop and below the spinner. Any idea why they would remove this from the kit? I’m going to contact them, but I was just curious if there is a production variant where this area uses two shorter rubbers? (They did include more shorter 2” rubbers than I appear to need.)

Anyway, thrilled to have an Embryon and looking forward to playing it!

1 month later
#468 5 years ago

Does anyone have a scan of the upper right rollover area and the center area above the flippers? I'm getting ready for a playfield restoration and need to replace some lost art in the usual areas spots.

2 months later
#469 4 years ago

what is a fair price for a 100% working embryon with significant playfield wear? cab is a little rough, backglass good, new boards and gone through by a tech to make sure everything works. Just needs to be shopped and rubbers.

#470 4 years ago

Sell: $1600
Buy: $1200

Backglass and Playfield are king on this one, with no replacement solutions out there.
-mof

#471 4 years ago

I am in, anyone have any playfield scans or artwork?

4 weeks later
#472 4 years ago

$$$ I posted a want ad but figured I’d throw it out here too. I’m in the market for a fairly clean Embryon. Cabinet wear is OK mainly I’m looking for minimal playfield wear. Touched up playfields, unless professionally done, don’t really do it for me because you can almost always see it. Anyway, PM me if you’ve got one or know someone that does. $$$

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from Deezer5150:

$$$ I posted a want ad but figured I’d throw it out here too. I’m in the market for a fairly clean Embryon. Cabinet wear is OK mainly I’m looking for minimal playfield wear. Touched up playfields, unless professionally done, don’t really do it for me because you can almost always see it. Anyway, PM me if you’ve got one or know someone that does. $$$

I finally settled for one with some playfield wear but got it playing great. They are so hard to find.

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I finally settled for one with some playfield wear but got it playing great. They are so hard to find.

That they are....
I am holding out hope that someone has a nice one squirreled away in their garage that is really nice but perhaps needs a full tune-up and they’ve decided that it is time for it to move on....
Wishful thinking, I know but then again I could win the lottery too....

#475 4 years ago

What we also need is for someone to reproduce the playfield.
With Paragon and Space Invaders getting done I think it was a miss to not do Embryon.
-Mike

#476 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

With Paragon and Space Invaders getting done I think it was a miss to not do Embryon.
-Mike

One would think that CPR would do Embryon down the road. Kevin spent the money on a machine to handle the wide playfields so I would imagine at some point Embryon would get done. Probably, like Paragon and SI, they will have to recreate the artwork. These late 70s and early 80s Bally machines are sought after.

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

Embryon is the better game of the 3, so go figure. I think they will redo it at some point.

#478 4 years ago

Embryon is the game in your collection that never disappoints and always leaves you smiling. Fun game, great sounds. It’s a spinner spinner.......you’re the winner. (Once you lite it)

Mines is worn up top as well. A new playfield would make a good game great.

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Embryon is the better game of the 3, so go figure.

I dunno, I have a sweet spot for my Paragon too. If I had to sell I'm not sure which one I would let go after SI which would be first to go. Hope I never need the money bad enough.
-Mike

#480 4 years ago

Decent embryon in the marketplace for sale. Not mine. But a pretty good playfield overall. Reasonable price IMO.

#481 4 years ago

anyone know whats up with the home rom or the 7th digit rom? are they the same? where can i get them?

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from SurlyOldPunk:

Anyone see this......
ebay.com link » Original Backglass Painting Used On Ballys Embryon Pinball Pick Up In Indy
ebay.com link » Original Concept Playfield Artwork For Ballys 1982 Embryon Pinball Machine

Yes, those original Embryon concept / backglass artworks have been getting relisted for several months. Would be very cool to have, but I can’t justify the prices myself. For future historical reference, there is a $4000 BIN for the backglass artwork and $680 for the playfield concept art.

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

Yes, those original Embryon concept / backglass artworks have been getting relisted for several months. Would be very cool to have, but I can’t justify the prices myself. For future historical reference, there is a $4000 BIN for the backglass artwork and $680 for the playfield concept art.

Correction - several YEARS they have been relisted

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Correction - several YEARS they have been relisted

yes been watching them for at least 4 years

1 week later
#486 4 years ago

does anyone know what cabinet paint colors are a good match for Embryon?
i'm trying to touching up a couple machines.
thanks.

#487 4 years ago

I am working on an Embryon that it looks like someone cut out a connector. And of course, the wire colors don't line up to what is in the schematics. Does anyone have or could take a picture of the connectors in the head? The one that I need should be a 16 pin connector with most of the wires going to the solenoid driver board.

Thanks

#488 4 years ago

Hey its a been a bit since posting. Glad to see Embryon is still a highly sought after game. If CPR does not make a repro playfield, it keeps the worth of the original 2250 Embryons manufactured higher than if there was one. Im sure there will be one soon, just a question of when. I mean they already did the plastics.

To answer another persons question about cab paint. I havent done mine yet, but I have the stencils to respray it. The light blue, grey, and black colors will likley need some adjustment over primary to match properly.

I do plan on doing touchup on my embryon cabinet and not a full restore like I did the playfield. I get such enjoyment from the restored OEM field. Grateful to have found it. Took me a better part of 10 years to be in a position to find a decent machine and about 1.5 years of time piecemeal after work to restore it.

My parents bought the same game from my uncle in Maine who bought it for HUO. Enjoyed it for years. They sold it when I was a kid after they divorced. Once I found mine it was like reclaiming a part of my childhood. This one is staying in my collection indefinitely for sure come hell or high water.

#489 4 years ago

got some extra home roms if someone wants them.

2 weeks later
#490 4 years ago

Looks like a can finally join the club! I gave up looking a long time ago but was lucky to acquire one in a trade last weekend Purple tinted backglass, 7 digit LED displays, pretty nice playfield with no major ware areas. This one isn’t going anywhere.

Looking forward to reading through this thread when I get a chance. Some things I’d like to change on it after I finish another restoration. Deserves to look gorgeous.
BEF9433B-B12F-4A5D-866C-3B7C7E4E0F1D (resized).jpegBEF9433B-B12F-4A5D-866C-3B7C7E4E0F1D (resized).jpeg

#491 4 years ago

sweet. you will love it. What is the story on the purple glass??

#492 4 years ago

I’m not sure, but it’s one of the reasons I need to read this thread. I believe there are different tinted back glasses (pink, dark purple & blue) depending on what part of the production run it was manufactured.

#493 4 years ago

Consensus is there were two major flavours of back glass, the regular one and a more purple tint. Probably different suppliers.

#494 4 years ago

Is there a superband rubber for the little red flipper on Embryon?
the manual doesn't give a part number.

1 week later
#495 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

got some extra home roms if someone wants them.

I'd be interested in those homes roms...

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from SurlyOldPunk:

I'd be interested in those homes roms...

will send PM - will only work with original board, not a rottendog. That is why I have them to sell.

#497 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

will send PM - will only work with original board, not a rottendog. That is why I have them to sell.

Sweet, thanks - all OG boards in mine!

#498 4 years ago

Can you link us to info on the home rom re: rule changes

1 month later
#499 4 years ago

Hey Cliffy and @mof, I’ve got shocking flipper hop and in the middle of installing Cliff’s return frames, but I’ve got a problem! The offsets are riveted to the old frame. What do I do? How do I get them onto the new frames?

Quoted from Cliffy:

Thanks to mof for the testing and video review. I dont have them on my site yet as I still have no pictures to post there - just a pic of the frames themselves. $20 a pair and as always just email me at [email protected] with a shipping address, phone and paypal email so I can send an invoice.
Thanks again to mof for the originals I used to make a better set. Also, they are in mill finish (mof has these) which can be left as is or polished or a light grained version, pic I'm attaching here
[quoted image]

11EC7FDF-0FF2-4139-BABF-FBD7DAE2A960 (resized).jpeg11EC7FDF-0FF2-4139-BABF-FBD7DAE2A960 (resized).jpeg
#500 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Hey cliffy and mof, I’ve got shocking flipper hop and in the middle of installing Cliff’s return frames, but I’ve got a problem! The offsets are riveted to the old frame. What do I do? How do I get them onto the new frames?
[quoted image]

https://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

2019-10-22 13_10_01-Flipper Return Frames (resized).png2019-10-22 13_10_01-Flipper Return Frames (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 45.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 696 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/10?hl=d8n-flipped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.