Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

410989-i.jpg
#1 8 years ago

looks like I am plagued on my second bally in a row. connectors fixed ebd and I havent changed them yet on embryon. symptoms are
it will played for a few seconds then say malfunction malfunction etc and it kills all the pff coils. one thing that is consisten I just not iced is that when it plays the left sling switches activate right sluing and vice versa. i have the manual and can dig in in a few days. looking for advice and direction on the malfunction activity and if it kills the coils when it detects somethng. wait til you see this baby!

#2 8 years ago

Check the capacitor on the slam tilt

#3 8 years ago

"MALFUNCTION" = tilt.

#4 8 years ago

Do you still have the ball in the tilt rack?

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Check the capacitor on the slam tilt

will do, thanks vid. also just saw tilt as i put the backglass on. so funny i bet seeing noobs going through all the same stuff you have seen. much appreciated always. all of you...

#6 8 years ago

Those old switch caps are a headache on Classic Bally.

Snip one lead on the cap, and see if the problem stops.

Whenever you do a playfield swap - ALWAYS replace all those junky caps.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Good advise here...

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

i see diodes not caps on all the tilt switches. i normally disable the tilts will that work? would these affect the slings or different problem?

#9 8 years ago

Disabling the slam tilt will not work.

The old caps start firing on their own, whether the switch leaves are bent away or not.

Remember there can be a few tilt switches from the factory, and operators sometimes added their own too.

410989-i.jpg410989-i.jpg

#10 8 years ago

THOSE ARE NOT ON THE SWITCHES HMMMMMMMM.....

#11 8 years ago

Can't you just clip the caps without replacing them?

As far as I can tell, they have absolutely no purpose beyond closing switches randomly.

#12 8 years ago

I think they were installed to help read very brief switch closures... if every switch scores OK without them, leave them off.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As far as I can tell, they have absolutely no purpose beyond closing switches randomly.

The caps allow the processor to detect short switch closures that would otherwise be missed as the "slow" cpu scans over the switches.

Switches that have long close times (like wire rollovers) don't need them.

So, you could cut them off the tilt switches and not affect home gameplay, but if you cut them off targets, gameplay will suffer.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The caps allow the processor to detect short switch closures that would otherwise be missed as the "slow" cpu scans over the switches.

Switches that have long close times (like wire rollovers) don't need them.

So, you could cut them off the tilt switches and not affect home gameplay, but if you cut them off targets, gameplay will suffer.

#15 8 years ago

IF THEY WERE THERE THEY HAVE BEEN CUT OFF ALREADY. I WILL GO...ooops caps lock...take some pics of what is there

#16 8 years ago

These games will definitely suffer without the caps. Standups especially will loose percentage points of registered hits.

#17 8 years ago

Rob, I think I put the sling shot coils on the wrong side when assembling. I had a 50/50 chance, of course I chose wrong. It would explain why the opposite side is firing when hit. We'll figure it out Wednesday.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from MartyFnMcfly:

Rob, I think I put the sling shot coils on the wrong side when assembling. I had a 50/50 chance, of course I chose wrong. It would explain why the opposite side is firing when hit. We'll figure it out Wednesday.

yep. i think i mashed the slam switch closed too when i painted the coin door. everything is all set! thanks guys i will post some pics in the restoration thread tomorrow. this baby is SICK!

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from MartyFnMcfly:

btw martfnmcfly is my "assistant" i keep referring to. good pin tech and awesome resource for clearcoating. we did this restoration in 12 and a half days. marty has about 15 hours in it and i have about 60. if you need a good tech near rochester hit up marty...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-hemorrhage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.