beating a dead horse.gif
image.jpg
100_2442.JPG
100_2438.JPG
100_2440.JPG
100_2439.JPG

This topic is closed.

#1 10 years ago

I have my embryon for sale here in Tucson AZ I would like 800$ for it obo the game plays great the cabinet and back glass are in excellent condition. The play field is a little worn and the sound board needs to be replaced otherwise the pin plays great. I had an offer a few months ago however was unable to sell pin at the time due to my son being born. I will be unable to ship the machine so I will only be able to sell it locally our to someone who is willing to drive down to Tucson to pick it up. I have attached pics shoot me a pm\msg if interested and we can work something out.

100_2439.JPG100_2439.JPG 100_2440.JPG100_2440.JPG 100_2438.JPG100_2438.JPG 100_2442.JPG100_2442.JPG
#2 10 years ago

Looks to be in pretty good shape. Recommend you take a pic of the playfield with the glass off. Also take a pic of the back of the backglass.

#3 10 years ago

Definetly take some more pics of the playfield. Looks like one of the nicer playfields I've seen on an embryon. Makes me regret paying a 1000 for mine.

#4 10 years ago

Damn Elimotw, wish you would ship. You're too far of a drive for me but she looks nice from the pics so far. If you change your mind about shipping please pm me!

#5 10 years ago

To echo others, any chance you can post more pics of the playfield?

#6 10 years ago

Same here, I'd take it if I was closer and/or you could ship!

#8 10 years ago

You beat me, but It would great to be next in line.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

You beat me, but It would great to be next in line.

You don't have room for it, unless you sold your Tron.

#10 10 years ago

Eric, sell your Tron to Wes (my Wes, or Copperpot, either is good). Then you will have room to buy my Gorgar which will make it easier for me to fit this Embryon in my game room. Then come visit us all in Phoenix more often.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from ghostrachel:

Eric, sell your Tron to Wes (my Wes, or Copperpot, either is good).

Rachel, let Eric take Embryon which will force him to sell Tron to me. I will then have to sell Twilight Zone, which you will buy. Everyone rocks.

Eli: Rachel and Eric are good people, but if they don't buy Embryon, I will

-Wes (nontoxic)

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

You don't have room for it, unless you sold your Tron.

Somehow, someway, I would make the room.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from ghostrachel:

Eric, sell your Tron to Wes (my Wes, or Copperpot, either is good). Then you will have room to buy my Gorgar which will make it easier for me to fit this Embryon in my game room. Then come visit us all in Phoenix more often.

You and Wes are welcome to come and play it anytime. Wes (copperpot) will be next in mine for the Tron. These things have a way of coming full circle.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

Rachel, let Eric take Embryon which will force him to sell Tron to me. I will then have to sell Twilight Zone, which you will buy. Everyone rocks.
Eli: Rachel and Eric are good people, but if they don't buy Embryon, I will
-Wes (nontoxic)

This!

#15 10 years ago

I'm planning on coming down Saturday. This is a game I've been wanting, it's in my budget, and within driving distance so.... come up and play it in Phoenix Eric! Possibly at Zapcon.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from ghostrachel:

Possibly at Zapcon.

Possibly?!

#17 10 years ago

Barring any game issues that would prevent that. I just don't want to jinx myself!

#18 10 years ago

I will buy it,.. and solve all the logistic problems!

#19 10 years ago

Hi guys It looks like I found 2 potential buyers here locally. If something changes I will post and let you all know if
it is available again. Thx for all the intrest

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from elimotw:

Hi guys It looks like I found 2 potential buyers here locally. If something changes I will post and let you all know if
it is available again. Thx for all the intrest

Nice. Do you mind posting the price it sold for once it changes hands?

#21 10 years ago

Yea I would be more than happy to post the price once it sells. I have a ? for all of you. I know I am most likely
going to upset some people here. I am wondering what you all think of virtual pinball machines? I am selling my embryon to upgrade the virtual pin I have. Let me explain myself I have a secret service pin and I am looking into getting a Freddy. I wanted to get a few more machines but do not have the room our money so I figured a virtual pin would be my best option. Not to offend anyone but what people are asking for for some pins is insane. My own option is that no pin is worth more than 2000 bucks people are asking 5gs to 20gs for some games to me that is so out of touch with an average person. Anyways not to go on but what do you all think of the current pinball market? And also what would everyone suggestion be for me as far as what software I should run on my virtual pin? Pinmame our Future pinball? And don't worry I am still a pin head and have 2 real machines so I am not a complete turn coat lol. Looking forward to see what poeple on pin side think

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from elimotw:

Yea I would be more than happy to post the price once it sells. I have a ? for all of you. I know I am most likely
going to upset some people here. I am wondering what you all think of virtual pinball machines? I am selling my embryon to upgrade the virtual pin I have. Let me explain myself I have a Secret Service pin and I am looking into getting a FREDDY. I wanted to get a few more machines but do not have the room our money so I figured a virtual pin would be my best option. Not to offend anyone but what people are asking for for some pins is insane. My own option is that no pin is worth more than 2000 bucks people are asking 5gs to 20gs for some games to me that is so out of touch with an average person. Anyways not to go on but what do you all think of the current pinball market? And also what would everyone suggestion be for me as far as what software I should run on my virtual pin? Pinmame our Future pinball? And don't worry I am still a pin head and have 2 real machines so I am not a complete turn coat lol. Looking forward to see what poeple on pin side think

I thought we had a deal months ago??

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from elimotw:

going to upset some people here. I am wondering what you all think of virtual pinball machines? I am selling my embryon to upgrade the virtual pin I have. Let me explain myself I have a Secret Service pin and I am looking into getting a FREDDY. I wanted to get a few more machines but do not have the room our money so I figured a virtual pin would be my best option. Not to offend anyone but what people are asking for for some pins is insane. My own option is that no pin is worth more than 2000 bucks people are asking 5gs to 20gs for some games to me that is so out of touch with an average person. Anyways not to go on but what do you all think of the current pinball market? And also what would everyone suggestion be for me as far as what software I should run on my virtual pin? Pinmame our Future pinball? And don't worry I am still a pin head and have 2 real machines so I am not a complete turn coat lol. Looking forward to see what poeple on pin side think

For me personally, I just cannot get into Virtual Pinball yet. It just doesn't have all the fun and randomness of a real pinball machine. As much as I'd like to replace all my pins with one VP, it won't happen for me. I have played them at shows before and there is an impressive amount of work that has gone into making them react to cabinet nudges and using a plunger mech for the ball launch.

That being said, I still like playing VP pretty often on my PC. It's just a regular desktop PC with a normal display, not mounted in a cabinet. The good thing about it is, you can try pretty much all the games ever made as long as a table has been done by someone. So when some odd pin comes up for sale and you never played it or even heard of it, go try on VP. You will get a good idea of what the real thing is like and decide what it's worth to you for the real machine.

1 week later
#24 10 years ago

Hi guys wanted to let you know my machine sold. It sold for 650 I really wanted 800 however Eric and Rachel had looked at it and told me it was worth between 600 to 700 with the work that needed to be done. As I am a novice in this hobby I trust what they told me as they know much more than I do. I am happy with 650 and am hoping that the money will help fund my purchase of the Freddy pin I want.

1 week later
#25 10 years ago

Smooth move! I told u back at Christmas time I would gladly pay $800, which u agreed to. Glad Rachel got it at least but next time u sell stick to your word and u could get more $

#26 10 years ago

Congrats on the sale.

#27 10 years ago

SSrig

I understand how you feel however you should also understand things come up.
I was out of town for work and was unable to contact you. And unfortunately when
I got back into town my son was in the hospital due to an infection so pinball was
the last thing on my mind. So I do apologize for not getting back to you however
before you decide to post something negative on a forum maybe you should take
the time to ask myself our whoever you are having a discussion with what happened.
Oh I forgot the is the internet you can say and post whatever you want without
consequences. Good luck finding another embryon.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from elimotw:

SSrig
I understand how you feel however you should also understand things come up.
I was out of town for work and was unable to contact you. And unfortunately when
I got back into town my son was in the hospital due to an infection so pinball was
the last thing on my mind. So I do apologize for not getting back to you however
before you decide to post something negative on a forum maybe you should take
the time to ask myself our whoever you are having a discussion with what happened.
Oh I forgot the is the internet you can say and post whatever you want without
consequences. Good luck finding another embryon.

I did! image.jpgimage.jpg

#29 10 years ago

SSrig

I see you did. You should lighten up. Pinball is a fun hobby but that's it. Its a hobby regardless good luck finding a embryon hope you can get your hands on one.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from SSrig:

Smooth move! I told u back at Christmas time I would gladly pay $800, which u agreed to. Glad Rachel got it at least but next time u sell stick to your word and u could get more $

Ya I hate sellers like that! They just don't make sense to me, I guess someone's word doesn't mean as much as it used to. Ed

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Ya I hate sellers like that! They just don't make sense to me, I guess someone's word doesn't mean as much as it used to. Ed

Pretty lame but no big deal. I made a sarcastic comment and posted what happened so if anyone is dealing with him in the future they know what to expect. I always look at sellers previous posts to see how thief sale went.

#32 10 years ago

SSrig and Fast-Ed

I apologized I don't know what else you want. I told you why I could not contact you. And I did keep my word to Rachel and Eric about the price and sale. I told them to tell me what it is worth and I sold it to them for what they said the value was. And I would of sold it to you if they did not purchase it. I could of not sold it to them and sold it to you for 800$ however that would be dishonest. Things happen and I am sorry how things work out however I did keep my word to the people who ended up purchasing it. I am not sure what you meant by the phrase thief purchase? I do
hope you find the pin your looking for. I regardless of what you think I am sorry on how the situation worked out.

#33 10 years ago

I like all the buyers/attempted buyers and consider all of them friends. I'm glad there's another Embryon in the hands of a seeker. That said, you screwed Donnie, plain and simple. You owed him the right of first refusal.

#34 10 years ago

Pinlawyer

As I explained I had no way of contacting him when I was back in town did not have his number and quite frankly did not have the time my son was in the hospital so pinball was the last thing on my mind. And the gentlemen did not message me till after Eric and Rachel message me. So I explained to Donnie the situation and I apologized if he does not want to accept it our understand it that is on him. I am new to this hobby but from the way some people are reacting it makes me want to get out of it. I couch middle school children who are more mature and understanding than some people on this board. And I am sure if you talked to Eric our Rachel I treated them right as they did me and I did try to swindle them. And as I said Donnie offered me 800$ I could of told Rachel and Eric no to the sale and sold it for 800$. But they told me it was worth 650$ so that is what I sold it for if they did not purchase it I would of sold it to Donnie. And as I said I am sorry for the situation but I do not understand the abuse coming my way.

#35 10 years ago

There is no true worth to these games. What someone is willing to pay determines worth. You had decent traffic on this game at 800. I would have held my offer firm knowing other people wanted it for full price. A little research could have put u and donnie in contact. Could have made u an additional 150.

#36 10 years ago

I love you guys and all, but...

beating a dead horse.gifbeating a dead horse.gif

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from elimotw:

And as I said I am sorry for the situation but I do not understand the abuse coming my way.

It's just an online thing. Now that the machine is sold, you can ask a moderator to close the thread. Don't worry too much about it.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from elimotw:

As I explained I had no way of contacting him when I was back in town did not have his number

You came back in here to list it for sale but couldn't PM him to see if he still wanted it? I feel you could have contacted him easier than listing it for sale.

That is why I see why someone could be upset. (sorry couldn't help but take a swing at that lazy horse! referring to the picture that copperpot posted)

Congratz on the pickup Rachel! Cant wait to try it out.

#39 10 years ago

Jdawg4422

Hey I am not sure why I have to say this again. I am new to this hobby and I am new to this board. I first signed up to pinside to sell the embryon. So no I could not of PM him as I did not even know the mans name as I spoke to him months prior to my post and I did not have his number. So I guess I could of pm everyone in AZ to see who I spoke to but that was a little time consuming. So I posted it for sale and Eric and Rachel replied 1st so there you go. I have met some great people in this hobby and spoke to some on this board. But in the grand scheme of things its pinball so some people on this board need to take a swig of some gin our whiskey and relax.

#40 10 years ago

Guys, it's probably a good time to let this rest. You've made him feel bad and you've made me feel bad.

There were some extenuating circumstances making the pick-up a lot more complex, and issues with the pin that Eli wasn't really aware of. He was very kind to us and all of that got sorted out. He may have made a mistake, he's apologized, and everyone in this thread will get to play it when I get it fixed up anyway. I would personally appreciate it if we could be a little more forgiving here and not chase someone away from the hobby.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from elimotw:

So no I could not of PM him as I did not even know the mans name as I spoke to him months prior to my post and I did not have his number.

fair enough. I read it as you guys made a deal here before, but he must have contacted you through craigslist or something.

Shitty situation. You could have had people mad at you either way.

#42 10 years ago

Rachel

Thank you for putting in your 2 cents. I hope yo enjoy the pin an I hope you got it a fair price I would
fell bad if you got the pin and found out it was worth much less. I come from the Mame cab side of
things so I understand when you end up getting something you were not expecting. I hope you enjoy
it and would love to play it as I never got to enjoy it in full working condition. And thx to you and everyone
for setting up zapcon myself and my friends had a lot of fun. Hoping to bring my kids next year. And Jdawg
you are right the gentlemen originally got a hold of me thru craigslist. Long story short i was sent out of
town for work on short notice did not have the gentleman number as I had a new phone thru work and
did not have the email message. When I was back in town my son was sent to the hospital with an infection
so pinball was not my priority. That being said I can admit that I should of tried to contact him somehow by
posting on craigslist etc but I did not my mistake and I apologize. I am new to the hobby and am not looking
to burn any bridges so this will be a learning experience for me. I was not looking to slight anyone and I believe
i treated Rachel and Eric fairly as they did me. Again I do apologize to Donnie but that is all I can do.

#43 10 years ago

Closing by OP request.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-for-sale-tucson-az and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.