(Topic ID: 245797)

Embryon - ball launch and out hole issues

By TurnedWoods

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Morning - Game is Embryon - issue I am working through is a ball launch from the out hole area.

Game starts, ball does not launch from the out hole

Ran the self tests, the solenoid to launch the ball does fire, if a ball is placed in the out hole area, the solenoid has enough energy to pass the ball to the shooter rod.

Looking at the schematics, there is switch 8, which should signal the MPU that there is a ball in place, there are two other switches to the left and right of the out hole (switch 5). Any relation of switch 5 to switch 8? i.e. machine state.

This evening, I will go through the switches and diodes to ensure functionality with a DVM.

Machine was purchased from the Pacific Pinball Museum sale on Saturday.

Thanks - Eric

#2 4 years ago

Got both balls installed in the machine?

#4 4 years ago

5 PM, Going back out to the shop to make some more checks. This machine came with two balls. So, I have some reading to do, testing to do on the switches and diodes, reset some connectors and then run switch checks. For Cody, thanks for the photo's. On this machine, the two switches I noted were on the underside of the payfield. this time, I take the cell phone out and do some photo's.

Thanks

Eric

#5 4 years ago

By running the self test you have confirmed the coil operates. Next step is to make sure all the switches are registering. To kick out the ball the game must see 2 balls.

#6 4 years ago

Have answers on where the problem was, how it was resolved and the next steps that I will be doing....

First - I made a call to the Pinball Pirate - Chris Kuntz. Purpose of the call was to get labor rate information from him for my plan "B" on the game. ......if I could not sort out the problem the game would be taken to his facility here in the SF Bay Area and have him work his magic.

Turns out....He knew this machine from when it was over at the Pacific Pinball Museum, and thanks to him, I learned a little more history on the machine.

The problem turned out to be a broken wire on the coin door. it was located low enough on the door assembly that it was not immediately obvious and during the visual inspection coached by Chris, the wire appeared to be resting in the correct position.

My guess is, the wire got snagged on something during the door operation and broke off the terminal. Will be going though the coin door area, doing some cable harness lace back with small cable ties after doing re-solder and some visual inspection / cleaning.

For Chris - I am taking you to lunch at the CalEx event for a thank you, plus a cold one of whatever you need.

Christopher Kuntz
510-304-5403
[email protected]

Eric

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 199.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/embryon-ball-launch-and-out-hole-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.