(Topic ID: 54713)

EM: Williams Aztec not counting (Dyslexic pinball machine) Help needed.

By IowaPinballClub

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by puck
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Help.jpg
Count-Sesame-Street.jpg
0623131539.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Almost everything works on this game now. Except, it's not counting and advancing to the end of game. Am I searching it the right area? It just keeps counting... Well ONE! Thanks goes out "the Count"!

-Aaron

0623131539.jpg0623131539.jpg Count-Sesame-Street.jpgCount-Sesame-Street.jpg

#2 10 years ago

i dont know if this will help. I have a doodle bug just got it. The score reel was coutinously resetting. took a look at the contacts and they were out of adjustment not it resets and starts but I still have hella lot of work ahead of me lol.

#3 10 years ago

I'm afraid not. This game fully resets. I've cleaned all contacts (back still hurts). Checked for wires loose (found one off). Spaced/gapped leaf switches.

The "ball count unit" isn't being utilized at all.

Thanks
-Aaron

From WeBuyPinball.com

#4 10 years ago

i just got mine and if i didnt have to work i would be going through it hard core. I plan to remove the bottom and clean it out and look at all the contacts and coil and check them. I love these EMs so far.

#5 10 years ago

According to the schematic, the ball count step up coil is in circuit to the following

A make,break switch on the outhole relay
A normally closed switch on the extra ball relay
A normally open switch on the ball index relay
Through the coin and player unit steppers
1-C on the score motor

#6 10 years ago

TWO solenoids fire! THREE! THREE solenoids fire! ah ah ahhhhh!

I played with an EM once, after cleaning every contact and still not getting very far I decided I would never buy another

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

TWO solenoids fire! THREE! THREE solenoids fire! ah ah ahhhhh!

Thanks so much buddy for the help! LOL (I'm going back to twitter)

-Aaron

#8 10 years ago

Clean the wiper and contacts on both the Coin Unit and the Player Unit. See if it starts counting the balls.

#9 10 years ago

As per Steve and Bonza 71, You also need to make sure all these switches are working too. Start with a one player game, on a single player game the player unit is not in use. Score at least ten points, when the ball drains check that the Outhole RE is energised and the Make brake SW Yellow wire and red/Green wire is closed and clean. Check the the Extra Ball RE is Not energised and check the SW Red/Green wire and Red/White wire is closed and clean. Check the Ball Index RE is energised and the SW with Red/White and Black/Red wires is closed and clean.
Check the Sw on the scr Motor. Cam 1 sw C (2nd cam in 3rd switch from the cam). This switch should close when the SCR motor gets to the notch, so it is a bit hard to check. Make sure it closes and is clean.
If all the above is correct and the coin unit is OK you should get a pulse to the ball count set up coil.
Of cause you have already confirmed the step up coil on the ball count unit is good??

A quick way to check, use a DMM set to Vac. Connect one test lead to the Black/Yellow/White wire of the transformer an the other test lead to the switch on the Ball Index RE Black/Red wire. If you see power (24vac)after scoring some points and allowing the ball to drain, then the issue is Coin Unit Jones plugs or Stepper coil. If you see no power here after the ball drains it is Outhole Re Extra ball Re or Ball Index RE. you can perform this test to narrow it down by moving to the next part of the circuit. Be careful not to touch other parts while do the tests.

Help.jpgHelp.jpg

1 year later
#10 9 years ago

Hey Aaron,

Did you ever get this solved? I am having the exact same issue.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aztec-forgets-to-eject-the-ball

• Manually engaging the Ball Index Relay and the outlane moves from ball one to two
• Nothing I do outside of the tilt relay will engage the Ball Index Relay [should engage when 10/1000 point relays are activated)
• Does not add the bonus to the score on end of ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Other
$ 325.00
Playfields
Trident Pinball Homebrew
Playfields
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-williams-aztec-not-counting-dyslexic-pinball-machine-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.